Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

Hi Ruth Ann
Just a couple of things about the dif between the XLR and the Vette... I'll let the boys discuss the performance, etc - THIS is the important stuff!
Sounds like you're looking at the coupe which is what David has (07). I love the glass (plastic, whatever) top, but it does make the car hotter in the summer. I think you can get both tops? There IS more leg room on the passenger side in the coupe than the convertible or the X, so Ray may be happier riding along. Meaning YOU get to drive more! Of course WAY more room to pack lots of stuff!
But, since there are no speakers in the headrests (07, anyway), you can't hear the music as well in the Vette as the X.

Beautiful cars for sure, but still...

Bruce told me he had an 08 black/black V at work (is it still there, Bruce?) - I think you should just come out and get that one and we'll all meet ya in Indy!!!

~C

Yes, you can get both tops. The painted roof is standard. There aren't speakers in the seats like the XLR.

We still have the '08 XLR-V.

I have no doubt that if I don't get the 'Vette, that when he decides to do something with Ben, he will get a Corvette anyway.

This whole thing is driving me crazy. :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Ruthie,

You may have not realized it when you typed it, but you've just solved your XLR/Vette problem!

You buy the XLR between now and when your warranty expires on Lola; and Ray will dump the Benz when he's ready (hopefully soon) and get a Vette!!! Problem solved!

Floyd (BB)

Ruthie,

You may have not realized it when you typed it, but you've just solved your XLR/Vette problem!

You buy the XLR between now and when your warranty expires on Lola; and Ray will dump the Benz when he's ready (hopefully soon) and get a Vette!!! Problem solved!

Floyd (BB)

Why didn't I think of that... :squint:

Well here's some news that will make all of you :pukeface:..... the Chevy dealer called and said that the trade in value for Lola would be .... hold on, sit down .... 20K. That would be a NO!!!

I told him I would keep my Cadillac and he could keep his Corvettes - all of them.

Which book is he going by???!!! He should be in the $25,000 range, and/or give a pretty good discount on the Vette.

Floyd (BB)

Which book is he going by???!!! He should be in the $25,000 range, and/or give a pretty good discount on the Vette.

Floyd (BB)
He didn't go by a "book" ... he said he called various Cadillac dealers to see what they would pay HIM for it as he said it would not be sold on the Chevy lot. He was not interested in allowing more - I was not interested in taking less than 26k. At that, Lola is a BARGAIN. I cannot believe that all of the technology that the new cars are just getting ours has, and what a freaking slap in the face. I should tell you though, that NOTHING is holding value right now - they sell LT1 NEW Corvettes for 44k.

I'm not interested anymore - this is not the time to buy or trade.

Lola will get an aftermarket contract, some new "shoes", some general maintenance and who knows what else. I think she's home for a long time.

I think I feel better already ... :blinzel:

Good for you!! Very few people buy 1LTs, they're practically stripped!

Floyd (BB)

He didn't go by a "book" ... he said he called various Cadillac dealers to see what they would pay HIM for it as he said it would not be sold on the Chevy lot. He was not interested in allowing more - I was not interested in taking less than 26k. At that, Lola is a BARGAIN. I cannot believe that all of the technology that the new cars are just getting ours has, and what a freaking slap in the face. I should tell you though, that NOTHING is holding value right now - they sell LT1 NEW Corvettes for 44k.

Lola will get an aftermarket contract, some new "shoes", some general maintenance and who knows what else. I think she's home for a long time.

YAY! I know I feel better for you!

I agree with you on the love affair with the car. I've never felt the same way about any other car than I do with my Misty! :love: Frankly, I'm not sure if its the car or the people/trips/experiences I've had with it. Nonetheless, I hope to have her forever!!!! D&*M the warranty, FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!! :laugh:

Thanks Rich. I know. I know. :love:

Floyd - honest to God - the LT1 has no HUD, no passenger seat buttons, no Nav, no NOTHING - it is basically a shell with a pretty good engine. And on sale, with $4k factory rebate, end of the month, special .... $44K -

Our XLR's are LOADED. So we don't have BlueTooth, big freaking deal. We do have the most awesome convertible top IN THE WORLD. And the look - timeless. And I've got that big ol' NorthStar to boot.

Funny, I don't feel anything but relieved! :D

WOW, I thought you went out to find a replacement for the truck and then it went to looking at a replacement for Lola. My dealer told me today that Cadillac is giving a $10,000.00 factory rebate on the '09 XLR and you can probably find one that is your choice of color. There may also be brand new '08 still available. I would not give up "Little Bugger" for ANY CORVETTE. I was out and about all day today with the top down and got lots of raves and had a blast driving in the city traffic and also on the Interstate. There is nothing like an XLR. Just MHO :):):)

RA, I think you made the right choice, you and Lola were made for each other. I can't imagine you without your Lola. Now that all of this is behind you, you can get back to having fun.:rocker:

Like FR said, there's nothing like an XLR.

Must be from all that good weather you always get. :lol: Drink more wine, it will drown the virus!!:laugh::laugh: Get WEll Soon Ruth Ann!

Thanks Rich - this is some baaaaaaad stuff. :pat:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back