Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

It does not matter, you are fun either way!!! :rocker:But I have Hunter tonight and had him last nite, my X had a heart attack and is in the Hospital so I am the babysitter. So call either tomorrow or Sunday. Not going to the game if I can get out of it. Too tired and have lots to do on Sunday. Have not even unpacked yet!:rolleyes:
Wow. How is Britt and Jowsh?

Jowsh is not very close to his Dad so he is not really doing alot about it. Not sure what he is feeling (Men)!:confused: And Britt has been the one to take him and be with him through it all and he is in surgery as we speak. She is really worried! We will see!:( QUOTE=Little Woman;17120]Wow. How is Britt and Jowsh?[/QUOTE]

Jowsh is not very close to his Dad so he is not really doing alot about it. Not sure what he is feeling (Men)!:confused: And Britt has been the one to take him and be with him through it all and he is in surgery as we speak. She is really worried! We will see!:( QUOTE=Little Woman;17120]Wow. How is Britt and Jowsh?
[/QUOTE
Hope things work out for their sakes.

Welcome back we missed you. Sounds like you had a good time. I want to give you an update Vegas in 31 days and a wakeup. Cant wait to meet you guys.:willy_nilly:

Fred:wave::wave:

Welcome back to the forum .... I know it's so much more fun in the tropics when all you have to worry about is getting the sunscreen on ... :blinzel:

Coming back home .... that's the real Reality Show ... :willy_nilly:

Missed you guys.
My heart breaks for Britt .... that is her daddy. Little girls love their dads. :love:

Test drove Corvettes today.

They do not ride like an XLR.
They do not drive like an XLR.
They don't have a retractable top.

Two cars manufactured in the same factory, same platform - but two TOTALLY DIFFERENT autos.

I hate that "all the extras" are upgrades and not standard equipment.

Boy, those of you have one of each. Lucky, lucky you.

I've always wanted to own a Vette - but to give up Lola to do it ..... ummmmm, I just don't know if I can do it. :willy_nilly:

Test drove Corvettes today.

They do not ride like an XLR.
They do not drive like an XLR.
They don't have a retractable top.

Two cars manufactured in the same factory, same platform - but two TOTALLY DIFFERENT autos.

I hate that "all the extras" are upgrades and not standard equipment.

Boy, those of you have one of each. Lucky, lucky you.

I've always wanted to own a Vette - but to give up Lola to do it ..... ummmmm, I just don't know if I can do it. :willy_nilly:
I do like the rectractable roof on the X.
By the way RA Kevin finished Scarlette V today. Then he was going to take her and decided against it, he didn't want to get her dirty.

I do like the rectractable roof on the X.
By the way RA Kevin finished Scarlette V today. Then he was going to take her and decided against it, he didn't want to get her dirty.

The, I'm going to call it a T-top, although I'm not sure that's right, on the Corvette is VERY EASY to take off and store in the trunk - but boy, it just isn't the same. I want both cars. Red. I want a red one the same color as Scarlette V.;)

Ruthie,
Sounds like you took my advice and took a nice long ride! I know the Vette is a great car, but they're not XLRs!!
Floyd (BB)

Also, they're not called "T" tops any longer, now it's just called a removable roof.

Floyd (BB)

Well, just got a call from the Corvette dealer ... he has 2 of the '09s ... LT3 package .... a blue and a silver .... I don't know about THAT blue (not as pretty as Marc's blue). But, hmmmmm, silver..... ;) I think I'll take your advice Floyd and see what kind of numbers they come up with. It still doesn't seem right - no Lola???? :( Don't know .... these Vettes will have to be pretty damn nice.

Well, just got a call from the Corvette dealer ... he has 2 of the '09s ... LT3 package .... a blue and a silver .... I don't know about THAT blue (not as pretty as Marc's blue). But, hmmmmm, silver..... ;) I think I'll take your advice Floyd and see what kind of numbers they come up with. It still doesn't seem right - no Lola???? :( Don't know .... these Vettes will have to be pretty damn nice.
I think the Vette will be a great replacement. You said 3LT which is very good however, are you getting the magnetic drive or the Z51 package? In earlier post you said you had the on star turn by turn directions if you keep that you really do not need the nav. Just a thought. You will find that the Vette is a great highway car and with there seats you wont get tired. Ingrid and I drove 1000 miles one time and never felt tired when we got out.:rocker:

Fred;)

I think the Vette will be a great replacement. You said 3LT which is very good however, are you getting the magnetic drive or the Z51 package? In earlier post you said you had the on star turn by turn directions if you keep that you really do not need the nav. Just a thought. You will find that the Vette is a great highway car and with there seats you wont get tired. Ingrid and I drove 1000 miles one time and never felt tired when we got out.:rocker:

Fred;)

Then you're in for a real treat when you drive to Colorado .... you'll want to party with the Little Woman all night long after you get there! :rocker: Nothing says comfy like Cadillac.

Hi Ruth Ann
Just a couple of things about the dif between the XLR and the Vette... I'll let the boys discuss the performance, etc - THIS is the important stuff!
Sounds like you're looking at the coupe which is what David has (07). I love the glass (plastic, whatever) top, but it does make the car hotter in the summer. I think you can get both tops? There IS more leg room on the passenger side in the coupe than the convertible or the X, so Ray may be happier riding along. Meaning YOU get to drive more! Of course WAY more room to pack lots of stuff!
But, since there are no speakers in the headrests (07, anyway), you can't hear the music as well in the Vette as the X.

Beautiful cars for sure, but still...

Bruce told me he had an 08 black/black V at work (is it still there, Bruce?) - I think you should just come out and get that one and we'll all meet ya in Indy!!!

~C

Quinny .... ALL true .... Here's a funny story. Our salesguy at the Vette place had a unique line .... he said to me, if you could have your "dream" Vette what color would it be. I, of course, said red. He said, Ray, what about you ... he said, well black has been a "nightmare" ... :lol:

My whole thing is I don't want to "settle" for anything. I have never had a love affair with a car before .... Lola's my first. It's not about just getting a CAR. All the stars need to align and it has to feel right. I know you all think I am nuts, but really, truly, I even think what would it be like to have a new car, even a 'Vette but not see Lola in my garage ...... I get sick. Really.

And this is the thing too. This is MY car. Ray is still happily tooling around in his MB. One day he'll want to sell it and the next day he's top off and even driving it to work. That is the sharpest looking convertible. 1986 was a VERY good year for MB. It's a cream puff. :rocker: We get as much attention in that as we do the XLR - it IS an eye-catcher.

I have no doubt that if I don't get the 'Vette, that when he decides to do something with Ben, he will get a Corvette anyway.

This whole thing is driving me crazy. :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back