Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

We haven't gone to a dealership yet, so she hasn't had the opportunity to see one up close and personal. But I can see us taking a trip to one very soon.

We'll have to see which colors they come in, I haven't even looked at them on Chevy's site yet.

Floyd (BB)

Oh, Floyd ... well, you know the cars just keep on getting better and better. Yesterday at the Dodge dealer we got a close-up and personal with the new Challenger .... all I can say is OMG. :rocker: Hot. *sizzle*

Oh, Floyd ... well, you know the cars just keep on getting better and better. Yesterday at the Dodge dealer we got a close-up and personal with the new Challenger .... all I can say is OMG. :rocker: Hot. *sizzle*

Sorry, Ruthie, Mopar leaves me pretty cold. . .:(

Floyd (BB)

Sorry, Ruthie, Mopar leaves me pretty cold. . .:(

Floyd (BB)

I don't know why - but, hey, whatever ....! :blinzel:
I think I remember you saying that once .... now, I feel bad for not remembering .... but;

So for OTHER people who should be interested, the 2010 Challenger is delicious looking .... The interior beautifully done ... door side panels looked rich. Years ago in the 70's we had a Charger and loved it ... I'll never forget it ... it was MY first "four on the floor" .... Hmmmm, I guess I have always loved fast cars.

Another car I looked at yesterday and thought was really done nicely was the Eddie Baurer Edition of the Ford Explorer. (no booing) ..... They have done an outstanding job of two-tone on the seats. Their outside/interior paint combinations were gorgeous, especially the red/tan.
We also saw a brand new 09 Crystal Red XLR for sale .... and I have to say, that is the prettiest red is the world. I'd say, or ask, isn't that the closest thing yet to Candy Apple Red? I just about swooned.

Yep ... we had quite a day at the Auto Mall .... we looked at everything ... even the Buick Enclave which has to have one of the nicest interiors ever for a crossover .... but looks like a snail .... was not impressed.
Okay ... that's enough of my impressions ... but wow, all I can say is that the industry has really made some great advances in styling and quality for a change.

Oh BTW - when we left the Dodge dealer, they had 2 Vipers in .... one had dual carbs for a 1000 hp performance. The tech said he didn't even like to drive it because it scared him! Pretty funny ..... but gorgeous car.

Well, Ruthie, first HUGE problem (at least to me) is that you never see a "muscle" car having four doors! Just doesn't sit well. :pukeface:

Floyd (BB)

Also, I could not find any performance numbers on Dodge's site, maybe they're there but they're certainly not screaming about it.

Dodge also consistently has had probably the worst auto transmissions in the industry. And speaking of trannys, only automatic transmissions are offered! Not a real performance/sport car. IMHO. . .

Floyd (BB)

Well, Ruthie, first HUGE problem (at least to me) is that you never see a "muscle" car having four doors! Just doesn't sit well. :pukeface:

Floyd (BB)

Didn't see that...... the Challenger we saw was on the showroom floor - the Charger too was a 2-door. But, I guess there must be a market for them if they make them. Although I'm with you - I wouldn't want a 4 door either in that model.

You know us, Floyd .... we can find something pretty cool about any car. Well, except I've just never been a VW fan. Even when all of my friends were driving a "bug" - hey! maybe that's why I don't like the exterior of the Enclave .... it reminds me of a snail ....

Ray got a break today and doesn't have to work afterall, so, we will be wandering in and out of the showrooms again today .... I want to go back to the Chevy dealer .... :squint:

Just to tell you that with our Dodge experience we have never had a transmission problem - maybe 4 cars and now a 03 Ram (remember we're out in the sticks and people love those Hemi's) .... I guess either you're lucky or you're not. But, I'll tell you what .... that big ol' Ram has a whoppin' lot of get up and go ....

Right, the Charger comes in a 2-door, but not the Challenger. I've always felt the same way towards VWs, they used to be the ugliest car on the road, the looks have improved somewhat in recent years.

Back to the Chevy dealer to look at Vettes????? :rocker::rocker:

Floyd (BB)

Right, the Charger comes in a 2-door, but not the Challenger. I've always felt the same way towards VWs, they used to be the ugliest car on the road, the looks have improved somewhat in recent years.

Back to the Chevy dealer to look at Vettes????? :rocker::rocker:

Floyd (BB)
Um, almost right, but backwards, the Challenger is currently a 2 door, the Charger is the 4 door. The 2010 Challenger is available with a 6 speed manual. That said, I'm not much of a Mopar fan, but they are building some neat stuff.
Bruce
And I like old VW bugs and Chevy Vega wagons with 383 strokers, so I'm open to a lot of different cars.

Um, almost right, but backwards, the Challenger is currently a 2 door, the Charger is the 4 door. The 2010 Challenger is available with a 6 speed manual. That said, I'm not much of a Mopar fan, but they are building some neat stuff.
Bruce
And I like old VW bugs and Chevy Vega wagons with 383 strokers, so I'm open to a lot of different cars.

We did go back and look at the Challenger SRT .... ummm, 6.1 Hemi .... they only made a few thousand so far this year, our dealer has only had 2. It's price tag was over 50 grand, but, I'm telling you it IS hot looking .... tried to take a picture with my cell phone. (well that didn't work) - What's NOT to like??? I looked at the website - it doesn't do the car justice at all .... they should only make this one in black.
I'm a fan.

Oh, we have had a rented Charger. It was OK ... for a rental, but I wouldn't want one.

Did I look at a Vette? Well, yes. About thisclose, but everytime I think about not having Lola I want to throw up. I love her. :love:

Saturday!

Its the weekend - and it's a BEAUTIFUL day ... :rocker: ... what are you guys doing today???

I'll start: I haven't a clue. :D
Drinking my 2nd cup of coffee, and being way too lazy.

Its the weekend - and it's a BEAUTIFUL day ... :rocker: ... what are you guys doing today???

I'll start: I haven't a clue. :D
Drinking my 2nd cup of coffee, and being way too lazy.

Photo Girl & Photo Mom drove up to Ann Arbor, MI today to visit Jeanie's aunt. I'm home doing boring house work and hope to start picking up leaves. The weather is pretty lousy today.

Still doing NOTHING fun ... like you Bruce, cooking and cleaning .... Now does that sound like me? I don't think so. :squint: Anyway, last time I looked Ray had the buffer in his hand and was giving The Truck what I hope is it's last wax job. Nope, we still haven't found anything to fill the job of utility/bus/comfort car to replace it. I think ALL crossovers suck. Like I said, so far the only thing that even half makes me happy is that Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer. Otherwise everything else is like a wannabe. :D And I don't wanna buy them.

Ingrid talked me into bingo last night. It was fun but we didnt win. We did have sense enough to leave when it was finished and not gamble we ate breakfast at IHOP at 10:30pm. I think breakfast is good anytime.:blinzel:

Fred:wave:

Ruthie,

I was just thinking about your auto shopping. Are you in the market for a new truck (Crossover) and a luxury car to replace Lola? The slight chance that you would choose a Vette I'm assuming would be Lola's replacement.

Or have I missed something?

Floyd (BB)

No, you've missed nothing. We (read me) are being a bit indecisive at the moment. Just when we (I) thought we (I) had it all (the cars) figured out, life does what it does best and trips you (me) up. Long story, short version. I hate The Truck. Never enough room for kids, car seats and parents. Trading The Truck for a 7-passenger seemed to be the thing to do. Well, a few days ago, Truck stopped running. Towed to dealer, almost a thousand dollars later (fuel pump) and $300 in towing bills sort of convinced us (me) that maybe since The Truck is basically new (Ray's DD) we should just keep it for awhile longer. Meanwhile, Lola's certification runs out in January. Also, in looking at the value of the car (:squint:) we could see that this is probably the best time to get the most that we could on a trade (about $26k) - Chevy is offering some great incentives right now, and there are still some great '09 Vette's out there. And good pricing .... I found one that could be Lola's cousin and, like I said ALMOST and I mean ALMOST bought the "Vette. But I couldn't. I don't think anyone really "gets" how I feel about her. And it's not like I want another XLR, because there are a few out there. So - that's it. Limbo - just sitting here in limbo. Things change from minute to minute. Now, aren't you sorry you asked? :pat:

Nope, it's much clearer now. . .:rolleyes: :lol:

Too bad you can't extend the warranty on Lola. But isn't she running pretty good now that almost everything has been replaced except the plastic shell?
Not all that sure you'd really appreciate a Vette especially with Lola having her arms around you for so long. I feel a major difference going from mine to the "V." Be sure you take the Vette for a good long ride--word to the wise.

Good luck with what you decide on.

Floyd (BB)

RA I know you will find the right car when it is the right time.
I've never had as many problems with a Chrysler product as I'm having with the Sebring. OMG the screeching in the top and they've replaced the molding/weather striping and now have ordered the one's for the driver's side, again, and I sure do hope I don't wait the almost 3 months like I did last time and they may still have to replace the whole top. :(:squint::confused::dunno::ugh:
I personally like the new Camero a whole lot better then the Charger.
I'm still quite depressed over what all went on on Tuesday.:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:and the alarm thing...........................................:dunno::confused::dunno::confused::(

No, you've missed nothing. We (read me) are being a bit indecisive at the moment. Just when we (I) thought we (I) had it all (the cars) figured out, life does what it does best and trips you (me) up. Long story, short version. I hate The Truck. Never enough room for kids, car seats and parents. Trading The Truck for a 7-passenger seemed to be the thing to do. Well, a few days ago, Truck stopped running. Towed to dealer, almost a thousand dollars later (fuel pump) and $300 in towing bills sort of convinced us (me) that maybe since The Truck is basically new (Ray's DD) we should just keep it for awhile longer. Meanwhile, Lola's certification runs out in January. Also, in looking at the value of the car (:squint:) we could see that this is probably the best time to get the most that we could on a trade (about $26k) - Chevy is offering some great incentives right now, and there are still some great '09 Vette's out there. And good pricing .... I found one that could be Lola's cousin and, like I said ALMOST and I mean ALMOST bought the "Vette. But I couldn't. I don't think anyone really "gets" how I feel about her. And it's not like I want another XLR, because there are a few out there. So - that's it. Limbo - just sitting here in limbo. Things change from minute to minute. Now, aren't you sorry you asked? :pat:
RA, gosh I didnt realize you were going to trade Lola. Have you looked on line for another precertified XLR. If you like I can research it for you let me know. You could name it Lola's Daughter.:)

Fred:wave:

Nothing like family and friends...

Photo Girl & Photo Mom drove up to Ann Arbor, MI today to visit Jeanie's aunt. I'm home doing boring house work and hope to start picking up leaves. The weather is pretty lousy today.

Yes that is correct, Photo Girl and Photo Mom, drove to Ann Arbor, Mich to see my Mother's sister, Kathy set this up for us, and even though we drove in and out of rain and sun, it was a trip I will never forget and vow to do again. My Aunt Carman is the only living sibling of my Mother's family, she just turned 80 last month, she is amazing...we had so much fun talking:talk: and laughing:laugh: and finding out things about the family history, since she is the only one we can ask. There were 12 children in my Mothers family, a set of triplet boys made up the 12...Grandma was 26 when she started having babies and 47 when she had the last one, imagine that !!! She was amazing and didn't even realize it....Of course Michigan had a football game and the town was alive with people...I loved that, kids everywhere, tailgating on the porches of the houses and thousands tail gating in the empty lots. I definitely would like to get in all of that excitement. Ann Arbor is a lovely old town, and the trip was awesome...just like the whole summer has been...awesome...it has certainly been a fun summer and it is because of all of you guys and gals and because my kids let me get in on the fun...from San Antonio to Ann Arbor, and everything in between,"I've had a great summer...."
love ya all
Photo Mom:patriot:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry