Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

Beers, Brats and Football is the norm here. We go to our friends bar on Sundays for the NFL Games; (Well I go for the BEARS, BRATS & BEER) Supa doesn't always go. NFL rules in our area come Sunday! The weather can turn at anytime now here, so we get out when we can--yes today was top down and sunny!! :cool::cool:

Its Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta here for 9 days. I am either at the field participating or at the police department handling calls on balloons landing , balloon crashes or etc. Traffic with chase crew vehicles and visitors is terrible with thousands of people in Albuquerque for the event. :pat:

I bet all of those balloons are beautiful. Good luck dealing with all of extra the traffic. I would like to see some pictures if you get time.

Jim ... didn't you and Jean used to have balloons? Have you ever been up in one? I remember on our way to R2 & R3 standing at the car wash in Albuquerque and seeing those beautiful things sailing across the blue skies like angels ..... gorgeous.

Haha ... 9 days of parking tickets ... lots of revenue and lot's of writer's cramp! :D

Yes. I have a commercial hot air balloon pilot's license. At one time we had 3 balloons. We travelled all over the US flying in hot air balloon fiestas and rallies. We sold the balloons and got into cars thinking that it would be cheaper and we wouldn't have to get up so early. We were wrong on both counts.

I still help the guy that we sold our special shape (dead cat)balloon to. He lets me keep my license current. I have over 500 hrs of flight time in balloons. I usually sign up as a secondary pilot for fiesta, but this year I didn't have enough vacation time to take off the 9 days. We had several balloons land up at the pueblo today and we were kept busy responding to calls regarding the balloons. I will be out the fiesta for the next 3 days and then back to work.

Jeez, Jim .... how interesting! I guess we always talk "cars" .... I thought I remembered seeing a basket or something in one of your many garages :).

What fun that must have been ....
So, will you be in a basket this year???

Oh ...send a picture of that .... especially if Jean's in it .... I can't believe she went up in balloons - elevators scare her ... haha.

Jeez, Jim .... how interesting! I guess we always talk "cars" .... I thought I remembered seeing a basket or something in one of your many garages :).

What fun that must have been ....
So, will you be in a basket this year???

Oh ...send a picture of that .... especially if Jean's in it .... I can't believe she went up in balloons - elevators scare her ... haha.

RA,
We actually have one of baskets in the back yard, I think it's still there??????????:dunno:
Yeppers I went up in lots of different ones and one time I was on crutches. We use to have 3 balloons and I went up in all three of them!!!!!!!!!:chuckle:):reddevil:willy_nilly: We had to junk out the first one because it wore out and it is now some of the flags at Balloon Fiesta Park, the second one, which I wish we still had, since it was the last one that my mom went up in, we gave away :pat::pat::pat::pat::pat::pat: and the last one we sold, which we designed, it is a special shape balloon the gray cat with XX's for eyes and a tongue sticking out and the ears sticking up and was called TDC, but now it's One Down 8 To Go, and it lived in Albuquerque when we sold it, then it moved to Colorado and now it lives back Albuquerque. :reddevil:reddevil:reddevil
I won't be going out to Fiesta at all ever again since there are way toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people and I have no more desire to go up in a balloon since it's just not fun for me anymore but I have no problems going up in one as it is an entirely different sensation then an elevator or plane or helicopter and it's just something that can't be explained.
If I can find some of those pictures I'll post them.

I found one of the pictures with my mom.
1985balloonride.jpg

Thanks Jean ... and I love the picture! I think it's the only one I've seen of your mom.

Hah! You guys must have had a BLAST! That just looks like so much fun - uh, and no, I've never been in one, but elevators, airplanes, helicopters don't scare me, so I bet I'd be a great passenger!

I bet your balloon was a hoot.... how funny:D.

Neat. Thanks for the picture.

When I do this, and it's just a couple of clicks in Adobe, they all come out black, but I'm just guessing that the black ones will as well. :dunno: :laugh:

This was TDC, when we designed it and is now known as One Down 8 To Go.
TDC1.jpg

What makes that balloon so funny to me is that J&J are actually the biggest animal lovers I have ever met (well, besides Ray) .......

That is absolutely the cutest balloon ever! :blinzel::rocker:

The first balloon we owned was the burgundy and yellow balloon laying down and was named Burgundy Baby and the multiple colored one standing up was the second balloon we owned and called Earl and was named after a cat we had. Also, I must tell you that TDC was actually named after a stuffed dead cat named Earl and at one point we actually had that stuffed dead cat hanging from the crown line of both Earl and TDC, which by the way stands for The Dead Cat! :reddevil:laugh::laugh::laugh::chuckle:chuckle:chuckle When we stood up and announced the name of our new balloon, at AAAA (Albuquerque Aeronautical Ascension Association) the local ballooning club, everyone made loud noises to complain, but I explained that, at the time, had 5 live ones at home. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
BurgundyBabyandEARL.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back