Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

West Coast comes to the Midwest

Well we are sitting here at home after work and in pops Ruth Ann with Lin Sue. Sitting out on the deck on an overcast mild and muggy fall day in Illinois sipping on a cool one. :) It's great having such good friends from the forum. We leave for Effingham tomorrow for the Corvette Funfest, but Ruth Ann and Lin Sue will be partying the weekend away for Lin Sue's birthday.:beerchug::partyHope everyone has a great weekend.

Hey .... pretty hard to leave that deck and good friends .... met the Cubster's mom, who has a lot of interest in any empty seat that might be going to Colorado! I have to tell you that there is no hospitality like MidWest hospitality - nothing is worse than having last minute company pop in on you .... and Marion and Kevin, thank you for seeing me on such short notice .... I could have talked all night.

Maybe tomorrow Chicago, and as I say that it's because they're looking for RAIN ...... noooooooooooooooooooo! These few days are going way to fast ....

Love you all .... thank you ..... wish I could go this Saturday to the Leonard's too ..... Have fun .... and B&K .... good to talk to you ..... sounds like Georgia is gonna be funnnnn!

Hey .... pretty hard to leave that deck and good friends .... met the Cubster's mom, who has a lot of interest in any empty seat that might be going to Colorado! I have to tell you that there is no hospitality like MidWest hospitality - nothing is worse than having last minute company pop in on you .... and Marion and Kevin, thank you for seeing me on such short notice .... I could have talked all night.

Maybe tomorrow Chicago, and as I say that it's because they're looking for RAIN ...... noooooooooooooooooooo! These few days are going way to fast ....

Love you all .... thank you ..... wish I could go this Saturday to the Leonard's too ..... Have fun .... and B&K .... good to talk to you ..... sounds like Georgia is gonna be funnnnn!
It was great seeing Lin Sue and RuthAnn. We had sooo much fun. Thank you two for coming over. It was no problem and not short notice. Sorry the Frozen Sangria wasn't thawed yet. :chuckle I wish we would have had more time together to BS. The time we all had together was nice.
Love you. :love:

Well I am very gald you all got time to see one another! Wish I could have been there too! :pat: I miss seeing my Ruthie and LinSue I wish you the best birthday ever! Enjoy your time together, have a glass of wine for me! :chuckle Or Two, three, four!

Here is a pic of the girls before the partying got started. I didn't get any of the after--it was too dark and no flash on my phone camera :laugh::laugh:

SSPX0080.jpg

Took some time for the frozen Sangria to thaw--but RA and Lin Sue said it was worth the wait. Have a great birthday party this weekend. We will be thinking of you!!!;);)

Actually it looks like you three did not wait long! It's almost empty! :naughty:
I may have to Photo Shop that picture! :chuckle It's not Blingin!!!:dunno:

Actually it looks like you three did not wait long! It's almost empty! :naughty:
I may have to Photo Shop that picture! :chuckle It's not Blingin!!!:dunno:
Oh it definetly needs some bling. :D Photo shop and post the new picture.

We'll take care of that in a few hours down in Effingham!!!!:lol::lol:

I got to get some new pic's of me first. Don't really have any and for some reason I have none with drink in hand! :chuckleGotta have that! :rolleyes:

Here is a pic of the girls before the partying got started. I didn't get any of the after--it was too dark and no flash on my phone camera :laugh::laugh:

SSPX0080.jpg

Took some time for the frozen Sangria to thaw--but RA and Lin Sue said it was worth the wait. Have a great birthday party this weekend. We will be thinking of you!!!;);)

What a great picture!! I hope you guys had a great weekend.

Thank you, Bruce .... I did have a great time. I saw CORN FIELDS, and beautiful homes and property, but the best part was being LinSue's birthday present. She (and JR!) were the best of host's and packed a lifetime of memories into 3 days. I didn't leave my heart in San Francisco, I left it in the MidWest. Since everyone I met was just like you all, I can see why I am so drawn to the Midwest Mauraders!

I got to see the Windy City, took a train, my first one ever - got to spend a couple of way too short hours with Cubster & Mar ... and took a test drive in the attached photo. Hmmmmm, nope, no matter how nice this particular model is, I just can't trade Lola in quite yet.

It seems like I just left and I'm already home missin' not only LS & JR, but Duke, Nellie, Tasha & Stanley. (the dog, the goats and the turkey ;))

I'm glad you had such a great time - thanks for posting the pic!

And don't get toooo attached to that turkey - November is right around the corner!:chuckle

Those "farm" animals are all like pet doggies ... they see you and they all come runnin'. It is the cutest thing ever. Stanley thinks he is very studley and tries to show his plume of feathers ... but they are very short and stubby because he is so old ... poor guy, but he hasn't a clue... I love him.

The leaves had not started to turn yet while I was there, but I guess I left just in time. LS told me that the daytime highs are in the 50's (brrrrrr) and down in the 30's at night. I did not bring my winter sweatshirt - haha - as when I got home it was in the high 80's.

I do want to see the colors though - maybe next year, but I can see that it won't be a good idea to drive there in Lola. Weather and roads too unpredictable. Gads, maybe we would have to bring The Truck ... :willy_nilly:.

I do want to see the colors though - maybe next year, but I can see that it won't be a good idea to drive there in Lola. Weather and roads too unpredictable. Gads, maybe we would have to bring The Truck ... :willy_nilly:.

Glad to hear that you had a great time. Hopefully, you can make another trip out this way. The fall foliage is beautiful.

Kathy

You need to bring Ray with you the next time!!! Being the only guy on the deck that night;; I couldn't get a word in edgewise--too many women cackling.:laugh::laugh::laugh: The guys can hang in the garage.:):)

Oh, yes ... I am definetly coming back. :blinzel:

You need to bring Ray with you the next time!!! Being the only guy on the deck that night;; I couldn't get a word in edgewise--too many women cackling.:laugh::laugh::laugh: The guys can hang in the garage.:):)

Or they could hang out at one of the local entertainment venues (bars) and the women can go shopping at Ben Franklin's! I've NEVER seen a store like that one - everything but the kitchen sink, and I'm sure they probably do have those somewhere in there too. :D

And, oh, I will never get away with taking another trip to the MidWest without Ray -
Either the trip to Mattoon or the Fall Drive will be on our calendar. :rocker:
Believe me, if "things" were a little different right now we'd be on the road today heading right back there.

Or they could hang out at one of the local entertainment venues (bars) and the women can go shopping at Ben Franklin's! I've NEVER seen a store like that one - everything but the kitchen sink, and I'm sure they probably do have those somewhere in there too. :D

And, oh, I will never get away with taking another trip to the MidWest without Ray -
Either the trip to Mattoon or the Fall Drive will be on our calendar. :rocker:
Believe me, if "things" were a little different right now we'd be on the road today heading right back there.
You know your always welcome at our house. We do have enough bars around us don't we RA?

Well both trips are so close together just make your rounds to eveyones house and stay a week of two! We don't need no stinkin bars, we have decks and wine and friends, just get here!!!!:D

You know your always welcome at our house. We do have enough bars around us don't we RA?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom