Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

RA,

There was a DD2, but he only had a cameo appearance. I liked him in all the macho movies--Red Dawn, Road House, Next of Kin, one of my favorites. He will be missed; a very good actor!!!

I loved him in everything he played in...Dirty Dancing, Road House....on and on....seemed to be a good solid type guy...life's short....

He was awesome and never did anyhing I did not like! What a sexy man and wonderful person, actor etc. He will be missed!

I loved him in everything he played in...Dirty Dancing, Road House....on and on....seemed to be a good solid type guy...life's short....

We're taking a ride today (in The Truck :pat:) - going to look at something besides cars, haha. There is a factory up there that produces those fancy-schmancy kid "swing sets" out of wood. When we were at the Fair, there was a manufacturer there that had a playset displayed that cost $40,000. Is that ridiculous or what? The rep told us that was not the most expensive set ... We were blown away. Our first home only cost $25k ..... I mean really, 40K for some wood and bolts? And I could get almost that for my XLR???? Anyway, I remember the swing set we bought for our kids .... tubular steel, and it was about $50 bucks. I don't get it. :confused:

We're taking a ride today (in The Truck :pat:) - going to look at something besides cars, haha. There is a factory up there that produces those fancy-schmancy kid "swing sets" out of wood. When we were at the Fair, there was a manufacturer there that had a playset displayed that cost $40,000. Is that ridiculous or what? The rep told us that was not the most expensive set ... We were blown away. Our first home only cost $25k ..... I mean really, 40K for some wood and bolts? And I could get almost that for my XLR???? Anyway, I remember the swing set we bought for our kids .... tubular steel, and it was about $50 bucks. I don't get it. :confused:
$40K for a stupid swing set!? Is it enclosed, heated/cooled, and come with it's own self contained toilet so you can simply hop back on the swing after going to the bathroom? :ugh:

Maybe it comes with a person to push your kid on the swing!
For that much money I would hope not only does that person push the kids but is the kids nanny. :chuckle:chuckle

Swing Sets

The EPA made my church in Orlando replace the very expensive wood swing set because it was made of treated lumber, not safe for the little darlings. The replacement set was made of manufactured wood like is now used for decks. Go figure. The little rug rats would have had to eat the wood to make them sick. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Well, we're back - and I stand by my original statement. Ridiculous. They did not have any of the "big ones" set up, but we saw how the modular pieces fit together (climbing wall, forts, patio tables, spiral slides, etc.) and become the size of a small house. Crazy. :willy_nilly:
Nope, and it doesn't come with either the nanny, the potty or anything else. They had a tire swing module --- pretty funny, my daughter said well, I hope it's a new tire .... and for the price it should come with a spare and a jack.

Kid's "toys" sure have changed.

Personally I think they should have stuck with the tubular steel and a teeter-totter. :D

Crazy is what it is!!!:pat: Marc is going to have to build Huntie one! I have other things to do with that kind of money! :chuckle

:D Bling! Bling!

Well, we're back - and I stand by my original statement. Ridiculous. They did not have any of the "big ones" set up, but we saw how the modular pieces fit together (climbing wall, forts, patio tables, spiral slides, etc.) and become the size of a small house. Crazy. :willy_nilly:
Nope, and it doesn't come with either the nanny, the potty or anything else. They had a tire swing module --- pretty funny, my daughter said well, I hope it's a new tire .... and for the price it should come with a spare and a jack.

Kid's "toys" sure have changed.

Personally I think they should have stuck with the tubular steel and a teeter-totter. :D

Snow Predicted

SNOW is predicted for Colorado Springs TODAY! This is pretty early, usually our first snow of the season comes on Halloween. My outdoor thermometer is right on 60 degrees but I am sure it will change within the next couple of hours. Guess we won't get to see the Aspen turn color this year. :pat::pat::pat:

Good Friends, Great people!

We got to spend time with some of our XLR friends over the weekend.
First we had dinner with Rich and George on Friday evening after Rich picked up Misty.

Then on Sunday we drove to northern IN to attend a party for our oldest and dearest friend. After the party we drove over to Todd and Karen's beautiful home. WOW! you should see his garage and his beer sign collection. We think we found the perfect place for Supa.:lol:
I hope they can join us on our Fall Drive. Thanks for the brownies Karen.:rocker:
It was great spending time with all of them, what wonderful people.

We got to spend time with some of our XLR friends over the weekend.
First we had dinner with Rich and George on Friday evening after Rich picked up Misty.

Then on Sunday we drove to northern IN to attend a party for our oldest and dearest friend. After the party we drove over to Todd and Karen's beautiful home. WOW! you should see his garage and his beer sign collection. We think we found the perfect place for Supa.:lol:
I hope they can join us on our Fall Drive. Thanks for the brownies Karen.:rocker:
It was great spending time with all of them, what wonderful people.
Why didn't you call me I could have met you? You weren't that far from me. :dunno:

Why didn't you call me I could have met you? You weren't that far from me. :dunno:

We thought about calling, but it was late in the day (5pm central) when we called Todd. It would of been great to see both of you as well. We ended up getting home after 10pm after we dropped off Photo Mom. I had to pass up pizza with Todd so we could get home.

We thought about calling, but it was late in the day (5pm central) when we called Todd. It would of been great to see both of you as well. We ended up getting home after 10pm after we dropped off Photo Mom. I had to pass up pizza with Todd so we could get home.
I wish you would have I would have drove over to see you guys. Cubby was out of town but I would have come. Remember me the next time. :D

How cool that you got to see Whit and Coyote Karen! I know, what you mean about time going so fast - what a great weekend you had .... Rich, Corndog .... your friend.

Next weekend the race ....

You guys have the best life .....:rocker:

I wish you would have I would have drove over to see you guys. Cubby was out of town but I would have come. Remember me the next time. :D

You know we would have loved to have spent some time with you. We just ran out of time. You really need to see Todd and Karen's house, it's the perfect place for Supa.:lol: They even have room in the garage for your new SHO.

How cool that you got to see Whit and Coyote Karen! I know, what you mean about time going so fast - what a great weekend you had .... Rich, Corndog .... your friend.

Next weekend the race ....

You guys have the best life .....:rocker:

Yes, it was a great weekend for catching up with friends. Good friends can make life so much better.

We are very lucky, we do have a great life, because of you guys.:)

Well Bruce back at ya on that! :DYou are actually the one who started all this fun by taking the time to put together the trips that has given us all a chance to make these special friends! Thanks!:worship: Marc and I love you all and enjoy every minute of being with each and everyone of you!;)
Yes, it was a great weekend for catching up with friends. Good friends can make life so much better.

We are very lucky, we do have a great life, because of you guys.:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom