Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

Home from Oklahoma

Hello all, :wave:

I made it home this evening. We left Oklahoma City at 4:00 this morning. Yesterday Cheyanne did very well in her class, which was "Trail"; however, the lowest score to make the 15 finalist was 226. Cheyanne's score was 203. She was one of the youngest competitors, if not THE youngest at 11 years old. Had I known earlier that the competition was being broadcast on the Internet, I would have let everyone know!

Tomorrow morning we are off to Mid-Ohio race track. Photo Mom (& my step-dad) will be joining us.

Kathy :)

Glad to hear you had a good time!!! Have fun @ Mid-Ohio; it's nice to hear your Mom & Barney are going with you. Maybe we can make Detroit with you guys.

I made it home this evening. We left Oklahoma City at 4:00 this morning. Yesterday Cheyanne did very well in her class, which was "Trail"; however, the lowest score to make the 15 finalist was 226. Cheyanne's score was 203. She was one of the youngest competitors, if not THE youngest at 11 years old. Had I known earlier that the competition was being broadcast on the Internet, I would have let everyone know!

Tomorrow morning we are off to Mid-Ohio race track. Photo Mom (& my step-dad) will be joining us.

Sorry to hear Cheyanne didn't make it to the finalist this year. She is young and will have more chances. My niece and her daughter both grew up in the arenas. The last year Kodie (grand niece) which was her senior year in high school seemed to be on the road all the time. My niece spent over $55,000.00 that year taking her to all the rodeos. I guess it was well worth it as she won a lot of prizes and trophys. Rodeos are BIG events in Colorado.

Glad you back safe and enjoyed your trip. I think Cheyanne did quite well for 11 years old.;) Have fun in Mid Ohio.:wave:

Fred:)

I'm glad you're all back safe and sound. I'm SURE Cheyanne will do better next time - gosh, she did that well at 11?!? She should be proud of herself!!

VERY regretabbly, I won't be able to make it to Mid Ohio, but I'll see you at the Dream Cruise in Detroit. Please post some pics!!!!

Glad you and Photo Mom are back and now your off again. Have fun. Your niece should be proud of herself for ding so well. Congrats to her. :wave:

Not much goin' on in Lola's life ....

She's been pretty much a garage queen for the past week :pat: - Waiting for her dad to start firing on all 8 cylinders again. (DD, I have a new found respect for your pain tolerance!)

>>>>>>>>

Well, Photo Mom .... so, you've got a navigator -- "Easy Rider?" :) Hope you're having a great time!

It'll be fun looking at the pictures from OK and OH .... I sure am glad you love your camera, Kathy - You take me places I've never been! :wave:

Just got back from trip to Mexico and met some new friends that just bought an XLR-V (black cherry) a few weeks ago. The conversation started because I was wearing one of my Cadillac shirts. Turns out they are from Whitewater,Colorado (near Grand Junction). I told them about the forum and next May in Colorado Springs. They sounded real interested. Very nice couple. He is a Harley guy also.

Just got back from trip to Mexico and met some new friends that just bought an XLR-V (black cherry) a few weeks ago. The conversation started because I was wearing one of my Cadillac shirts. Turns out they are from Whitewater,Colorado (near Grand Junction). I told them about the forum and next May in Colorado Springs. They sounded real interested. Very nice couple. He is a Harley guy also.

That is great news, my niece's husband is a building contractor and has built some great new homes in Whitewater over the last few years. Maybe they live in one of them. Hope they come to the get together in Colorado Springs.

We have been so quiet on here that Cubby is actually getting some work out of me. :chuckle:chuckle

We have been so quiet on here that Cubby is actually getting some work out of me. :chuckle:chuckle
Well, we'll just have to put a stop to that nonsense! :chuckle

Jeez, I don't know how you ladies can work all day elbow-to-elbow with your husbands ....
I think retiring together is hard :lol:

;) I would rather be retiring with him! But working with him right now will have to do. :bash:I do agree with the retiring part of it though, Marc has to always be busy or he drives me crazy and being at home together all the time with not alot to do! OMG! :pat: I may have to quit working now to get ready for retirment! :willy_nilly:
Well, we'll just have to put a stop to that nonsense! :chuckle

Jeez, I don't know how you ladies can work all day elbow-to-elbow with your husbands ....
I think retiring together is hard :lol:

While leaving Cheyenne Mountain Resort today a new Camero pulled in beside me to check in. It was a smoke grey color, I know you must be more than anxious to take delivery on your new baby. The color you are getting will have lots more bling but with you behind the wheel you really don't need any more bling, you will give the car the bling. A reception was held at CMR after the Memorial Service for my good friend and neighbor, we celebrated his 90th birthday there last year. They also had two wedding receptions going on downstairs. It is a busy place.

Out running errands today - top down - gorgeous blue sky .... just lovin' it - and then in a slash formation 4 fighter jets flew overhead.
Wow .... what a rush and what a view! :rocker:

Supa & I will be seeing lots of planes today--going up to the Chicago Air & Water show on my buddy's 50ft SeaRay on Lake Michigan. Weather is going to be perfect. I'll try and get some pics to post, hopefully comparable to what Photo Girl does. ;) There is supposed to be a guy that does loops and barrel rolls with a Russian helicopter, and of course the Blue Angels will be there.

Parking is at a premium, so Scarlett-V will be staying home, we are all packing into the SUV. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Out running errands today - top down - gorgeous blue sky .... just lovin' it - and then in a slash formation 4 fighter jets flew overhead.
Wow .... what a rush and what a view! :rocker:

Supa & I will be seeing lots of planes today--going up to the Chicago Air & Water show on my buddy's 50ft SeaRay on Lake Michigan. Weather is going to be perfect. I'll try and get some pics to post, hopefully comparable to what Photo Girl does. ;) There is supposed to be a guy that does loops and barrel rolls with a Russian helicopter, and of course the Blue Angels will be there.

Parking is at a premium, so Scarlett-V will be staying home, we are all packing into the SUV. Hope everyone has a great day!!
That sounds like a lot fun enjoy it cant wait to see some pics.:wave:

Fred:patriot:

Can't wait! :cool: Glad you think the color is a good pick, I get a bit worried once in a while. Maybe it is too much! But I know with all I am doing to it with the wheels and all it should be a beauty. Hope to have her this week, or for sure first of next!!! Anticipation :pat:!!
While leaving Cheyenne Mountain Resort today a new Camero pulled in beside me to check in. It was a smoke grey color, I know you must be more than anxious to take delivery on your new baby. The color you are getting will have lots more bling but with you behind the wheel you really don't need any more bling, you will give the car the bling. A reception was held at CMR after the Memorial Service for my good friend and neighbor, we celebrated his 90th birthday there last year. They also had two wedding receptions going on downstairs. It is a busy place.

Hope to have her this week! Shes built and waiting her Vin # and that should be today. I will keep you posted! :):)Did you all have a good time in Detroit? I missed being there!:wave:
We saw LOTS of new Camaros today - and one was even in your color! You're gonna LOVE it! It's SUPA sharp!!!There were also some VERY hot new Mustangs as well. :patriot:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom