Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

I have absolutely no use for most reality shows. My DVR gets full with:
The Closer, Eureka, Mental, Lie To Me, Burn Notice, Rescue Me, Raising The Bar, All 3 Law & Orders, Saving Grace, PBS Mystery (Miss Marple, Poirot, Foyle's War, Wallander.) Pretty soon Monk & Psych will start. Then in the Fall there will be The Mentalist, Medium, Numbers, etc. By the way, the humor (if there is any) in The Office and 30 Rock is totally lost on me. Funny? 2 1/2 men, Big Bang Theory, New Adventures of Old Christine, Samantha Who?. I LOVED Dirty Filthy Money (new shows on Sat this summer.) Why does my DVR get full? Golf, MM trips, daily walks, my new camera, the gym, out with friends, FACEBOOK, XLR Forum, having people over for dinner, etc. Damn, I must need a nap. :wave:

George, I love Monk and Big Bang Theory. I can't stand the Office or 30 Rock. We only get a few stations now that we've gone digital, so I should get more done outside.:lol:

Bruce :cool:

George, I love Monk and Big Bang Theory. I can't stand the Office or 30 Rock. We only get a few stations now that we've gone digital, so I should get more done outside.:lol:

Bruce :cool:
Love Big Bang and 21/2 Men. I have tried to watch Office and 30 Rock. I don't think they are funny at all and don't know how they are still on TV.

Let us not forget Family Guy and American Dad. Those are good shows. :wave:

Lola's Mom must be really busy today she doesn't want to talk about Hell's Kitchen or Big Brother. :wave:

Lola's Mom must be really busy today she doesn't want to talk about Hell's Kitchen or Big Brother. :wave:
Busy?! :willy_nilly: A little. :willy_nilly: Monk? My DH's favorite. :cool:

The Detail Guy's passport expired. Now he has to reapply and they don't like his original birth certificate. (which was good enough for the military, marriage license, law enforement position - and a 1 year TEMPORARY passport) :pat: Of course, he wasn't planning on needing one - but we've a last minute opportunity to take our FIRST cruise with some great friends. And of course, since he was born in an east coast state, he can't just run down and pick up a copy.
After we pay $27 to order a copy, then to expidite and pay for the passport it is another $175. - and that is another 2-4 week expedited process. BUT! You can get a Passport Card for Mexican ports of calls and entry for about a quarter of that and expedited in about the same time .... same required creditionals. :blinzel:
Some things just don't make sense.

I don't mind the costs - but if it's a US security issue and clearance .... why it is less expensive if you only use it for Mexico? :confused:

The Detail Guy's passport expired. Now he has to reapply and they don't like his original birth certificate. (which was good enough for the military, marriage license, law enforement position - and a 1 year TEMPORARY passport) :pat: Of course, he wasn't planning on needing one - but we've a last minute opportunity to take our FIRST cruise with some great friends. And of course, since he was born in an east coast state, he can't just run down and pick up a copy.
After we pay $27 to order a copy, then to expidite and pay for the passport it is another $175. - and that is another 2-4 week expedited process. BUT! You can get a Passport Card for Mexican ports of calls and entry for about a quarter of that and expedited in about the same time .... same required creditionals. :blinzel:

I don't mind the costs - but if it's a US security issue and clearance .... why it is less expensive if you only use it for Mexico? :confused:
That is a good question. I never knew that. I didn't know they have one that you could only use for Mexico. If I were you I would just go ahead and get the regular passport. :dunno:

We got caught up in this once a few years back but at that time you could pay extra and get it within 24 hours. I know if you send the old passport back they normally already have the case file and you wont have to worry about that Birth certificate. You can call there 1-800 number and ask.

Fred:wave:

We got caught up in this once a few years back but at that time you could pay extra and get it within 24 hours. I know if you send the old passport back they normally already have the case file and you wont have to worry about that Birth certificate. You can call there 1-800 number and ask.

Fred:wave:

I sort of have to backup and say that we just got "instructions" .... the card will do US land & sea ports of entry when arriving from CN, MX, the Caribbean and Bermuda. It cannot be used for air travel - cost $20 bucks. And like I said earlier, not for international travel. 'still can't figure out why it works only in certain areas - none of it makes any sense.

The birth certificate was the reason the passport was only issued for 1 year - they didn't like it. So that's the whole issue. He has to renew again. He had to order a new certified copy. Two-three weeks is the expedited time frame. Maybe that's only true in CA where we have thousands of people applying for the "card" to get over the MX border everyday ...
let's not go there. :pat:
Yeah .... things have really changed, huh?

I sort of have to backup and say that we just got "instructions" .... the card will do US land & sea ports of entry when arriving from CN, MX, the Caribbean and Bermuda. It cannot be used for air travel - cost $20 bucks. And like I said earlier, not for international travel. 'still can't figure out why it works only in certain areas - none of it makes any sense.

The birth certificate was the reason the passport was only issued for 1 year - they didn't like it. So that's the whole issue. He has to renew again. He had to order a new certified copy. Two-three weeks is the expedited time frame. Maybe that's only true in CA where we have thousands of people applying for the "card" to get over the MX border everyday ...
Wow you learn something new everyday. I never knew that. I wonder if it is only in CA because when we applied for ours they never asked us anything like that. They just gave us one form complete bring back certified copy of birth certificate and pay. :dunno:

I think Ray has prior Military Service if so have him send his DD214 discharge papers along at that should solve the problem. ;)

Fred:patriot:

What you need is some high-level assistance; someone to run interference for you.

Just have Ray drop by one of the local colleges and arrest someone who claims to be a personal friend of Obamas. ( I know, some of you are thinking that is a stupid idea )

Heck, by the time the dust settles, Ray will have his passport and you will both be drinking a beer at the white house !!

I saw a bumper sticker this morning; "Calibama, no water & no hope".......;) I pity the fools that voted for that moron. I always asked myself, who could be dumber than Bush - well, I have my answer !

mswaim, you crack me up.:lol:

Just when you thought they couldn't screw things up any more then they already have...

Beer solves everything. :D

The United States of America......

Where Stupidity ends up in a White House Beer Party!!!!!

I thought that when I saw the new
"I'm with Stupidly"
tee shirts I would never stop laughing .... :laugh:

Just in case anyone wants to have a beer summit with me, my beer of choice is Miller 64 or anything that is free and cold. :chuckle:chuckle

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom