Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

congrats FR with 13 past cadillacs you already know how good it is. Enjoy many wonderful miles.:willy_nilly:

Fred:):):):)

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. This is probably going to be the last new car I buy. At my age and being the only driver with two cars I will probably never wear them out and normally I keep my cars for a long time. I am from the old school, I like those BIG Cadillac's. Am anxious to see how the blind spot warnings work, that is going to be a new experience. The General Manager told me he had driven one with the lane drift warning and he hated it so that is why they have not ordered any with that feature. I hope I remember where all the buttons are from the '06 so I don't have to learn anything new. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle I will probably drive it back to Illinois in September although that time of year is great top down weather back there.

FR congrats on the new ride. I really like the DTS, a true Cadillac, great power and wonderful ride. I hope to see a few pictures.

A big THANKS to all of you who have purchased new (or nearly new) rides recently. It is just what our economy needs right now.

Bruce :)

You don't keep them THAT long, since your SRX was only a couple years old! And you look GREAT for being 65 years old! ;)

None the less, I still wish you the best!!!!!

Thanks Rich, what a nice compliment. Did I put in the wrong year for my birthdate, or is it that you didn't do very good with your math tables? :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle That just made me realize why I bought the new car yesterday, it was my 75 1/2 birthday. I always try to justify why I do things. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

new DTS

You are going to LOVE your new DTS. I traded my '04 DTS in on the '06 XLRV. I'm sort of sorry I did it, but it seemed right at the time.
I wish you many happy motoring miles.
Oh - and you will look G O O D in it, you silver fox... :D

You are going to LOVE your new DTS. I traded my '04 DTS in on the '06 XLRV. I'm sort of sorry I did it, but it seemed right at the time.
I wish you many happy motoring miles.
Oh - and you will look G O O D in it, you silver fox... :D

Thanks George, I looked at it today, it has been detailed, the monograms are on and I learned about the BLIND SPOT feature, pretty neat. Worked in the garage today, getting it ready for Monday when I bring the new one home. Eric will be here tomorrow to hang the last upper cabinet in the garage and then I can drive it in and it should fit.:wave::wave::wave:

Very quiet around here ...:squint: ... It's nice to see that summer has arrived and everyone is out and about (tops down, I hope) and out playing!

I only had Lola out a couple of times yesterday, but you can bet that hers was - Everywhere I looked there were convertibles and sunglasses ... ahhhh .... summer days and summer nights ... and an XLR. Perfect :rocker:

Very quiet around here ...:squint: ... It's nice to see that summer has arrived and everyone is out and about (tops down, I hope) and out playing!

I only had Lola out a couple of times yesterday, but you can bet that hers was - Everywhere I looked there were convertibles and sunglasses ... ahhhh .... summer days and summer nights ... and an XLR. Perfect :rocker:

It was a beautiful day here in IN. We went for a drive to the Exotic Feline Rescue Center a few hours south of us (see the new thread). It was great to see the big cats. They go through 3,000 lbs. of meat a day!!! The Tony Stewart Foundation has been a big supporter of the EFRC.

Bruce :)

Another new car!

On Monday I traded in my CTS :pukeface::bash: and I got a most beautiful Chrysler Sebring Convertible, it's white with two tone gray interior and a gray top and I just love it!:love::love::love::love: I took the day off yesterday and took it to a car show and won 1st place in the contemporary class and best contemporary just like I did last month with "Blue Bunny"! I haven't named this one, yet! :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

On Monday I traded in my CTS :pukeface::bash: and I got a most beautiful Chrysler Sebring Convertible, it's white with two tone gray interior and a gray top and I just love it!:love::love::love::love: I took the day off yesterday and took it to a car show and won 1st place in the contemporary class and best contemporary just like I did last month with "Blue Bunny"! I haven't named this one, yet! :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

I have seen pictures and it's a BEAUTY. Congratulations on winning 1st place. You know how to pick them. :wave::wave::wave:

Well I did it. I traded the 2007 Black/Black Sport Package SRX for the 2009 DTS. I know I won't be sorry because I missed all the luxury features I had on my '06 Luxury III DTS. The new one has Blue Tooth and my cell phone has already been programed in to it. I will take delivery Monday morning as it has not been detailed yet. The will put the monogram on both front doors tonight or tomorrow. No pin strips this time. Just plain, simple and smart. This will be my 13th Cadillac, good thing I am not superstious. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Congrats on the new car. Hope you post pics of the new one.

It was a golfing weekend for me. Not a good golf weekend but none the less. Scarlette V was out all weekend Cubby had her out and about. :D

Here are the photos of my new car.:D:D:D:patriot::patriot::patriot:

P7070042changed.jpg
P7070043changed.jpg
P7070044changed.jpg
P7070045changed.jpg
P7070046changed.jpg
P7070047changed.jpg
P7070048changed.jpg
P7070049changed.jpg
P7070050changed.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!