Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

Why are you not going to Mid-Ohio? It's alot of fun! ;)
I believe when Mid-Ohio is happening Cubby's brother is taking time off then, so we can't leave no Boss here. :dunno:

Won't be able to make it this year--My brother is moving his daughter to Mesa, AZ for graduate school. We'll have to plan for next year.

It's August 7-9. I hope you can make it. There will be Firemen.:rocker:

Parade

What a parade and the weather was perfect. I had a lot of manuvering to miss the Horse Droppings, didn't want that stuff on my tires. You just wouldn't believe the comments from the people watching us drive by. Even the little kids, like five years old were running out from the curb saying "NICE CAR". The parade was really long, I am not even sure how many blocks but people were jamed up all the way on both sides of the street. It was a lot of fun and a lot of :wave::wave::wave:

New Car Fever

So now I have the new car fever, am thinking of trading my 2007 SRX for a 2009 DTS Level 3, just like the 2006 I had only this one has a sun roof. Have a lot to think about on this, I only have 19,000 miles on the SRX. The DTS has remote start, heated/cooled seats, front parking assist, auto dimmers for the headlites, heated steering wheel, massaging lumbar seats. Some of the things I don't have on the SRX. I would be back with front wheel drive versus all wheel drive. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

So now I have the new car fever, am thinking of trading my 2007 SRX for a 2009 DTS Level 3, just like the 2006 I had only this one has a sun roof. Have a lot to think about on this, I only have 19,000 miles on the SRX. The DTS has remote start, heated/cooled seats, front parking assist, auto dimmers for the headlites, heated steering wheel, massaging lumbar seats. Some of the things I don't have on the SRX. I would be back with front wheel drive versus all wheel drive. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

I would vote for the DTS...a wonderful car.

I like the DTS too!

Hi Robert,
I also have a DTS besides my XLR and I do like driving the big car. And my wife really likes the massaging lumbar seats. She does not have them in her Escalade. So go for it!
Henry
:)

I'm with Bruce and Professor I would go with the DTS.

Get the DTS, Marc loves his! What color are you looking at! :)

Get the DTS, Marc loves his! What color are you looking at! :)

Three guesses and the first two don't count, Silver/Silver just like the 2006 I had. I have had six silver vehicles so far. Some with Black interior and some with Silver interior. They have a dark Blue and a Black Cherry but those colors are just too hard to keep clean. Silver and White just don't show the dirt. The also have a Red but the cops watch for Red so that is out of the question. Silver also keeps up my reputation as the Silver Fox. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

:laugh:I knew that from a previous thread that you only get silver, You silver Fox you!! ;)

Three guesses and the first two don't count, Silver/Silver just like the 2006 I had. I have had six silver vehicles so far. Some with Black interior and some with Silver interior. They have a dark Blue and a Black Cherry but those colors are just too hard to keep clean. Silver and White just don't show the dirt. The also have a Red but the cops watch for Red so that is out of the question. Silver also keeps up my reputation as the Silver Fox. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

. The also have a Red but the cops watch for Red so that is out of the question. Silver also keeps up my reputation as the Silver Fox. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Radar and camera's are color-blind :D - Get a red car... they are beautiful. We've had a couple of reds .... Ray has always said it didn't matter what color the car's were that he wrote for speed - he offered equal opportunity! :blinzel:
We also love the silver and white's .... ESPECIALLY that Cadillac Diamond White ... that is the prettiest color ever. Remember the controversy about that paint versus the Alpine White that they used on the XLR? If the Alpine White had also had the red interior that would have been awesome ... but both that I saw only had the black.
Now ... would we ever buy another black sports car ..... hmmmm, I don't think so. Gorgeous, gorgeous, but so much work ... Red .... it would be red. :)

DTS

I traded Ingrids 2004 DTS for the XLR. The DTS is a great buy it has the Northstar engine and that is hard to beat. You can not go wrong with your choice. Ingrid loved hers. We had that white lightening on an earlier model which is one awsome color. But you should get the color that turns you on. Personally I love my Torch Red Vette and Black Star XLR but I must admit Black is a lot of work taking care of it.:)

Fred:patriot:

2009 Silver/Silver DTS Premium Luxury Collection

Well I did it. I traded the 2007 Black/Black Sport Package SRX for the 2009 DTS. I know I won't be sorry because I missed all the luxury features I had on my '06 Luxury III DTS. The new one has Blue Tooth and my cell phone has already been programed in to it. I will take delivery Monday morning as it has not been detailed yet. The will put the monogram on both front doors tonight or tomorrow. No pin strips this time. Just plain, simple and smart. This will be my 13th Cadillac, good thing I am not superstious. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Congratulations, Robert ... you can alternate cars when we get to CO Springs! Nice trade - you will love the Blue Tooth tech. :rocker:

Congratulations, Robert ... you can alternate cars when we get to CO Springs! Nice trade - you will love the Blue Tooth tech. :rocker:
Thanks RA, I already like the Blue Tooth, I can use my minutes rather than the expensive minutes you would have to purchase from On Star. My cell phone is with ATT and I have tons of roll over minutes. Will be nice to see two silver cars in the garage again. Black is really a pain to take care of but it is beautiful when it is clean. :):):)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom