Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

Boy, do you make memories come back. We lived in Denver and after the six weeks went by we would drive to the railroad yard and look at the train cars waiting to be unloaded to see if it was there. When it finally arrived it was easy to spot, I ordered it all Silver, no black vinyl top. I kept that car until 1996, it had 121,000 miles on it when I sold it and it still looked like brand new. The dealer would call everytime they got a silver one in but they all had the vinyl top which chopped up the lines so I just kept waiting until it finally arrived. It had all black interior. It was so loaded I could have bought the Cadillac Convertible for the same price but the lines of the 69 Grand Prix were so sleek. I traded in my sixty four and a half Mustang Convertible on the Grand Prix. Of all the cars I have owned I still like my XLR the best. You will have to drive that new baby to Colorado. :):):)

FR, there is a great article in the August issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines on the '69-'70 Grand Prix SJ that I think you would enjoy. What a cool ride!

Bruce :)

Wow talk about inflation.:pat: How do they deep fry a candy bar? Wouldn't it melt?:dunno:

The candy bars are dipped in a sweet, looks almost donut-like batter first ... and then deep fried. So when they are bitten into, the candy bar is sort of semi-melted, and very soft with the crunchy coating .... The ultimate sugar rush, I'm sure.

That's how the deep-fried Castle Burgers are done too .... only their batter looks kind of like fried chicken batter.

EVERYTHING was pretty much the same price - my girlfriend ordered just a grilled burger - same price. Ray had a "footlong" hotdog ... same price .... and we shared a plate of homemade potatoes chips .... same price. I can't imagine what it must cost for a family of 4 ... might as well go to DisneyLand. ;)

FR, there is a great article in the August issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines on the '69-'70 Grand Prix SJ that I think you would enjoy. What a cool ride!

Thanks Bruce, I will have to pick up a copy next time I go out. I loved my '69 Grand Prix, it was a fun car to drive. Not long before I sold it I drove to Denver and the comments were a lot like what I get today in the XLR, that was in 1996 so it was 27 years old then. Just think, it turned forty last month. :):):) I was just a young puppy when I bought it. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

The candy bars are dipped in a sweet, looks almost donut-like batter first ... and then deep fried. So when they are bitten into, the candy bar is sort of semi-melted, and very soft with the crunchy coating .... The ultimate sugar rush, I'm sure.

That's how the deep-fried Castle Burgers are done too .... only their batter looks kind of like fried chicken batter.

EVERYTHING was pretty much the same price - my girlfriend ordered just a grilled burger - same price. Ray had a "footlong" hotdog ... same price .... and we shared a plate of homemade potatoes chips .... same price. I can't imagine what it must cost for a family of 4 ... might as well go to DisneyLand. ;)

At our fair the first week of August, we have deep fried Mars and Snickers bars. I'm pretty sure the candy bars are frozen first before battering... otherwise they would probably melt before the batter was browned making a mess of the hot oil. The deep fried artichoke sounds interesting... maybe they'll have that here this year. Also, we have a local favorite... called a Viking - a deep fried Norweigian meat ball about 4 inches long. It is very tasty... have never seen it anywhere else at any fair. And at $4.50ea, they are a GREAT buy... I can't go to the fair and not have at least one (usually 2 or 3).
Also we have smoked Turkey Legs ($6) that are out of this world good!!! These would be Cindy's favorite fair food...
At our fair... all of the same type foods are the same price no matter what booth you go to, but not ALL the food at the fair is the same price... interesting.

I love the homemade potatoes chips. Have you ever had homemade sweet potatoes chips. Those are excellent. :D

Parade

I have been invited by the President of the local Buick Club to drive "Little Bugger" in the parade tonight to kick off the Rodeo season in Colorado Springs. The new wheels hopefully will be installed today if they get here in time. Hope it doesn't rain. :wave::wave::wave:

I have been invited by the President of the local Buick Club to drive "Little Bugger" in the parade tonight to kick off the Rodeo season in Colorado Springs. The new wheels hopefully will be installed today if they get here in time. Hope it doesn't rain. :wave::wave::wave:
Congrats. Hope it doesn't rain and you get to show off Little Bugger.:wave:

Corn Dog's new toy

George stopped by today and showed me his new camera (Canon Rebel XSi), very nice. He is getting it ready for the WI trip. George, I hope you enjoy your XSi as much as Kathy does her's.

How fun is that! Enjoy! And there will be no raining on your parade! ;)

Amazing M Jackson services .... choreography ... like a concert .... Don't know how something like this got put together so quickly.

Well he died on the 26th and that was 12 days ago!:pat: I am frankly tired of all the stuff on tv about him. Don't get me wrong he was once a great performer and pop artist but I lost all respect a while ago. :rolleyes:

Amazing M Jackson services .... choreography ... like a concert .... Don't know how something like this got put together so quickly.

That sounds so good right now! Maybe next we will come your way and ride some rides!
Don't have to much fun w/o me next week little buddy! :wave:
AWESOME cooler!!!!!

Many restaurants around here offer "homemade" chips on their menus and give you some French Onion chip dip to go along with it. YUM!!!!!!!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom