Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

I'm thinking it would be a fun thread to have if we posted some pictures of our "old cars" .... with scanners so available to us it probably wouldn't be too hard to do ...
I know I'd love to show you the "Black Beauty" that Ray was driving when I met him .... in 1965 having a big engine, "4 on the floor" was a big deal.
(Yeah, this is the car when he left for army training he asked me to warm up the engine on ... but I tried to drive it instead and stripped 2 gears and reverse :willy_nilly:) I can't believe we're still married. :pat:

Pictures of cars we used to own

I'm thinking it would be a fun thread to have if we posted some pictures of our "old cars" .... with scanners so available to us it probably wouldn't be too hard to do ...
I know I'd love to show you the "Black Beauty" that Ray was driving when I met him .... in 1965 having a big engine, "4 on the floor" was a big deal.
(Yeah, this is the car when he left for army training he asked me to warm up the engine on ... but I tried to drive it instead and stripped 2 gears and reverse :willy_nilly:) I can't believe we're still married. :pat:
I agree, I think that would be more than COOL. I think I have pictures of just about all of my beauties. I decided rather than buy something new this year, I ordered the new wheels this afternoon for the Little Bugger. I hope he appreciates them. I am so satisfied with the XLR and the SRX there is no need to look at anything else. :):):)

Great idea I dont have any pictures but I would enjoy looking at those of you that do have them. Ruth Ann, thats true love.:):):)

Fred

Okay .... Bruce ... you start with your truck and I'll try to find a couple ... :blinzel:
I'm sure Kevin will have a few to post when the thread gets started. :wave:

I know Cubby has some pictures ....
he sent me some of the pictures of the cars him and his dad restored ..... hmmm, Cubby .... why don't you start?? I have to look back through 40+ years of pictures to fine mine! :willy_nilly:

I'll do you one better--a few years ago I had a calendar made for my Dad and his buddies of some of the cars we had. The front of the calendar was a collage' of the cars. If I can find it I'll scan it and send it to you or post it here. In the meantime there are a few posted in 'My Album' photos in my profile.

I know Cubby has some pictures ....
he sent me some of the pictures of the cars him and his dad restored ..... hmmm, Cubby .... why don't you start?? I have to look back through 40+ years of pictures to fine mine! :willy_nilly:

Yes like he has time to do this with everything else he is doing! I never see him anymore! Marc who???? :ugh:
But I will tell him and see if he knows where some pics are. :pat: OMG, he has so much crap!
He must be really busy because he is never on here anymore, unless this is him posting as Missy Bling. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I guess I took over his spot on here! We are crazy busy, poor guy works his butt off! :( I'm glad I work with him or I would never see him! :love:

He must be really busy because he is never on here anymore, unless this is him posting as Missy Bling. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I guess I took over his spot on here! We are crazy busy, poor guy works his butt off! :( I'm glad I work with him or I would never see him! :love:

Are you sure he is not in Colorado buying you a new home? I thought I saw him in my neighborhood just the other day.

Well that would make Missy Bling very happy! I have always said CO is my retirement Home! :D So if he is getting it done and ready for me then it won't be long til I get there! Ready for retirement now!!:chuckle

Are you sure he is not in Colorado buying you a new home? I thought I saw him in my neighborhood just the other day.

I think he was out there with Governor Sanford looking at places:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well that would make Missy Bling very happy! I have always said CO is my retirement Home! :D So if he is getting it done and ready for me then it won't be long til I get there! Ready for retirement now!!:chuckle

Today we went to The Del Mar Fair ... that's the San Diego County fair that's held every year ... I am in awe of how much this has changed over the years .... when I was little the fair used to be about Kewpie Dolls, pickle and pie contests and huge displays of the oranges and other citrus that San Diego was known for. Now it is just a huge food fairway with some wild crazy rides and every exhibit hall is filled with rows and rows of hawking vendors. Amazing. This year the big food "attraction" is Deep Fried Castle Burgers :willy_nilly: - Oh, and deep fried Snickers, or Reese's Peanut Butter Bars .... - not even I was brave enough to try any of those ... but I did eat a bbq grilled artichoke (which was wonderful) Price for one medium artichoke ....$8.75 :pat:

Today we went to The Del Mar Fair ... that's the San Diego County fair that's held every year ... I am in awe of how much this has changed over the years .... when I was little the fair used to be about Kewpie Dolls, pickle and pie contests and huge displays of the oranges and other citrus that San Diego was known for. Now it is just a huge food fairway with some wild crazy rides and every exhibit hall is filled with rows and rows of hawking vendors. Amazing. This year the big food "attraction" is Deep Fried Castle Burgers :willy_nilly: - Oh, and deep fried Snickers, or Reese's Peanut Butter Bars .... - not even I was brave enough to try any of those ... but I did eat a bbq grilled artichoke (which was wonderful) Price for one medium artichoke ....$8.75 :pat:
Wow talk about inflation.:pat: How do they deep fry a candy bar? Wouldn't it melt?:dunno:

When I was stationed at Fort Ord, Cal back in my Harley days we always rode down to San Jose to the Boardwalk and they had those Artichoes OMG were they delicious:D I have never forgotten them. Sounds like you guys had a good time wish we would have been with you.:)

Fred:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back