Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

Congratulations Missy Supa Bling. Soon you will be "DRIVING MISS DAISY" :wave::wave::wave: I can only imagine how anxious you are. I remember when I special ordered my 1969 Grand Prix and it took six or eight weeks to get it. I know you will look like a princess with lots of Bling.

congraulations, the color scheme sounds great. This is an aggressive appealing looking car. We wish you nothing but happy times with it.:):):)

Fred & Ingrid

No but he certianly tried! :rolleyes: I saw the orange and it just was so striking and different I went with it. I don't think I will be sorry with all that I am having done to it. So excited!:chuckle
Congratulations! I'm sure you can't wait, but I'm also sure it will be worth it! Enjoy!!!

Did Mark make you get a blue one? :chuckle

Well thanks there Foxy, I am excited and the wait may kill me but it will make it so much better when she gets here.:pat: I have never ordered a car before, it was quite fun. ;) Did it take the time they gave you on yours or did you get it quicker? Hoping!:willy_nilly:

Congratulations Missy Supa Bling. Soon you will be "DRIVING MISS DAISY" :wave::wave::wave: I can only imagine how anxious you are. I remember when I special ordered my 1969 Grand Prix and it took six or eight weeks to get it. I know you will look like a princess with lots of Bling.

Thanks so much, I am really happy with my choices. It took me a couple of weeks to figure out if this was the color scheme I truely wanted. And it is quite different, and I like to be that! :)
I appreciate your congrats!

congraulations, the color scheme sounds great. This is an aggressive appealing looking car. We wish you nothing but happy times with it.:):):)

Fred & Ingrid

Thanks! I truly am already crazy with the wait! It's going to be long but worth it! :D

Missy Supa Bling,

Happy to hear of your new toy!! Seems to be the thing to do lately!! :rocker:

The wait will seem long, but it will just make it that much sweeter when Daisy is born to you. :love:

Lotsa luck!

Floyd

Well thanks there Foxy, I am excited and the wait may kill me but it will make it so much better when she gets here.:pat: I have never ordered a car before, it was quite fun. ;) Did it take the time they gave you on yours or did you get it quicker? Hoping!:willy_nilly:

Boy, do you make memories come back. We lived in Denver and after the six weeks went by we would drive to the railroad yard and look at the train cars waiting to be unloaded to see if it was there. When it finally arrived it was easy to spot, I ordered it all Silver, no black vinyl top. I kept that car until 1996, it had 121,000 miles on it when I sold it and it still looked like brand new. The dealer would call everytime they got a silver one in but they all had the vinyl top which chopped up the lines so I just kept waiting until it finally arrived. It had all black interior. It was so loaded I could have bought the Cadillac Convertible for the same price but the lines of the 69 Grand Prix were so sleek. I traded in my sixty four and a half Mustang Convertible on the Grand Prix. Of all the cars I have owned I still like my XLR the best. You will have to drive that new baby to Colorado. :):):)

Well if I drive her all that way then I am staying! ;)
Sounds like you had some pretty awesome cars in your day and still do. I love your XLR too! I will keep you up to date as to what is happening with her as she progresses. :)

Boy, do you make memories come back. We lived in Denver and after the six weeks went by we would drive to the railroad yard and look at the train cars waiting to be unloaded to see if it was there. When it finally arrived it was easy to spot, I ordered it all Silver, no black vinyl top. I kept that car until 1996, it had 121,000 miles on it when I sold it and it still looked like brand new. The dealer would call everytime they got a silver one in but they all had the vinyl top which chopped up the lines so I just kept waiting until it finally arrived. It had all black interior. It was so loaded I could have bought the Cadillac Convertible for the same price but the lines of the 69 Grand Prix were so sleek. I traded in my sixty four and a half Mustang Convertible on the Grand Prix. Of all the cars I have owned I still like my XLR the best. You will have to drive that new baby to Colorado. :):):)

Thanks so much, I am really happy with my choices. It took me a couple of weeks to figure out if this was the color scheme I truely wanted. And it is quite different, and I like to be that! :)
I appreciate your congrats!
You are going to look so hot in this car.:willy_nilly: What engine did you get? Kerbeck.com has three on line everytime I look at them I go back to the good old days. Gosh it was fun growing up with these fast cars and showing off in Big Boy and A & W driving through knowing everyone wanted your car. Having your date with you. Lets turn the clock back and all do it over agan.:rocker: GM get er done!!!!

Fred:):):):)

You are going to look so hot in this car.:willy_nilly: What engine did you get? Kerbeck.com has three on line everytime I look at them I go back to the good old days. Gosh it was fun growing up with these fast cars and showing off in Big Boy and A & W driving through knowing everyone wanted your car. Having your date with you. Lets turn the clock back and all do it over agan.:rocker: GM get er done!!!!

In Illinois and Indiana we had Steak and Shake with the kids on roller skates waiting on us. And just think, we bought and paid for our own cars, daddy didn't shell out for them. Made us more proud knowing we earned the money to buy our car. Too bad kids today have everything handed to them on a Silver Platter. They really don't know what they are missing. We kept our cars clean inside and out because we worked hard to get the money to buy them, the kids today don't take care of what has been given to them. Most of their cars look like garbage cans inside. :pat::pat::pat:

In Illinois and Indiana we had Steak and Shake with the kids on roller skates waiting on us. And just think, we bought and paid for our own cars, daddy didn't shell out for them. Made us more proud knowing we earned the money to buy our car. Too bad kids today have everything handed to them on a Silver Platter. They really don't know what they are missing. We kept our cars clean inside and out because we worked hard to get the money to buy them, the kids today don't take care of what has been given to them. Most of their cars look like garbage cans inside. :pat::pat::pat:

I am originally from Springfield Illinois. Did you know that Illinois pasted a law in 2005 that the CORVETTE would be the only vehicle allowed to only have a rear license plate.:rocker: I remember Steak N Shake. They had the best steakburgers in town. Good looking chicks on roller skakes.;) I have honey dos for today and I am so so much in dream land over all of this all I want to do is cruise around town.:pat: Come to think of it thats not a bad idea.:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Fred

They sure were a beautiful car,and fast. I'd love to see a picture of it.

Bruce :wave:

I am originally from Springfield Illinois. Did you know that Illinois pasted a law in 2005 that the CORVETTE would be the only vehicle allowed to only have a rear license plate.:rocker: I remember Steak N Shake. They had the best steakburgers in town. Good looking chicks on roller skakes.;) I have honey dos for today and I am so so much in dream land over all of this all I want to do is cruise around town.:pat: Come to think of it thats not a bad idea.:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Fred

A couple of weeks ago my niece turned 9 and she asked if I would get my old truck out and take her cruising through town like her dad and I used to do. It was a lot of fun getting to share that with her.

Bruce :wave:

I would have loved the V8 but too much for me just going back and forth to work. I would always be in trouble with the policeman! So I got the V6 but next step down after the V8 SS. It also was about 8 to $10,000 less. But it would have been nice.
Someday when I can, I want a Z06 or ZR1! Then I can have the fast approch! :rocker:

SOOOOOOOOOOO True! :( Don't know what happened!

I would have loved the V8 but too much for me just going back and forth to work. I would always be in trouble with the policeman! So I got the V6 but next step down after the V8 SS. It also was about 8 to $10,000 less. But it would have been nice.
Someday when I can, I want a Z06 or ZR1! Then I can have the fast approch! :rocker:
Yea Yea Yea, I know how you georgous blondes deal with policemen. You never get tickets, just flutter those long eyelashes and they just throw those tickets away. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

This V6 is going to surprize you at how quick it is. This car will be so much fun. I need a extra large garage so I could have all the cars that turn me on. But when you belong to groups lioke this you can share in there joy.:)

Fred

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back