Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

Well, while Jim was working yesterday, I went to a car show, with BLUE BUNNY and she not only took a first place, she took BEST CONTEMPORARY!:D:D:D:D:D:D Pictures to follow later if Photo Bucket will let me post them. It rained most of the morning and I did not take a shammy (darn it my spell check wouldn't give me the correct spelling):dunno::dunno:, but I had better then that cause every time it stopped raining I had 3 guys dry off me car for me, but after they dried off their cars first! :chuckle:laugh::lol: :lol: :blinzel::blinzel::patriot:

Congratulations Jean!

Congratulations Jean, I think it is wonderful you won even if someone else had to dry Blue Bunny off. Proud of you and Blue Bunny.:):):)
Well, while Jim was working yesterday, I went to a car show, with BLUE BUNNY and she not only took a first place, she took BEST CONTEMPORARY!:D:D:D:D:D:D Pictures to follow later if Photo Bucket will let me post them. It rained most of the morning and I did not take a shammy (darn it my spell check wouldn't give me the correct spelling):dunno::dunno:, but I had better then that cause every time it stopped raining I had 3 guys dry off me car for me, but after they dried off their cars first! :chuckle:laugh::lol: :lol: :blinzel::blinzel::patriot:

Congratulations Jean on the win. Can't wait to see the pixs. Hope photo bucket works I would like to see the pictures.
:patriot::D

Blue Bunny is certainly racking up the ribbons ... as well she should .... ! :blinzel:

The guys that dried her off were probably happy to do so ... I bet they hardly ever see one ...!

Congratulations ... I'll be looking for the photos!

Well again I tried and there are supposed to be 9 photos, and Photobucket won't upload them to the forum! What a bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocket::mad::bash: I don't know if you click on the little square thingy if you'll get to them or not. If you want the pics I can probably email them to you. :laugh:

0522091113.jpg

:wave: If you didn't get the pics via email keep checking back as I will change my avatar as much as I can so you can see all the pics that I could not upload via Photo Bucket:rocket:, but I'd rather call PB something else!:mad::bash:and I can't find the cursing smilie :dunno::confused:

Thanks Jean I got the pictures. Very nice. Congrats again. :patriot:

Coming home from Salida, Monday, I stopped to fuel in Canon City. I had to go inside to get my receipt and when I came out a man was standing there waiting for me. He told me how much he loved my car. We talked for a while and I learned he drives a Corvette. I told him about the idea of having a joint gathering of XLR and Corvette owners in Colorado next year but it all fell through. He thought it would have been great to combine the two events. He is a retired policeman, SWAT TEAM, Canon City. Since we have several law enforcement people on the Forum I just thought you would find this interesting. :):):)

We had a really nice day today too ... tonight was the weekly car show in El Cajon - it was NASCAR Night (Jimmy Johnson is from El Cajon) .... there were, I think, about a half dozen cars there ... my favorite was the Rusty Wallace car .... because it was the LOUDEST when they turned over the engines! :rocker:

The car show is always pre 1980 cars ... but always other cars show up and park on the side streets or together in parking lots ... like a bank parking lot was filled with Corvettes .... and another little cul de sac was filled with new and vintage motorcycles ... a Harley lover's paradise.

But the thing that really was cool was that some very lucky owner of a brand new 2010 Camaro parked his car where we got our first up close and personal look. You can love GM or hate GM, but there is no doubt that this new Camaro is not gorgeous inside and out. The way the gauges are set is awesome to see - doesn't look anything like the pictures in a magazine. I would own this car in a minute .... and might. It's not the fastest, best performer in the world, but it's a great looking combination of the old muscle car look, and something new. Someone told me that this car was designed by one of the people who designed the XLR ...
I saw this car at the car show close to 2 years ago .... I liked it then .... but I love it now. What a great DD it would be. (even has a back seat AND a trunk!) (No, I am not giving up Lola, but Ray might be giving up The Truck :lol:)

RA, Tom Peters was the lead designer for the XLR,C6 Corvette and the new Camaro. He owns a 1969 Camaro.

My local Chevy dealer has them in stock - there's a beautiful silver one parked prominently in the front.

We were lucky enough to see one up close and personal when we went to Indianapolis Motor Speedway last winter. GM really did a very nice job - and you can even get it with a 400 HP engine!:rocker: Yeeeeee-ha!

That's funny RA because I needed to hear this! I am sort of car hunting and have decided I want a 2010 Camaro, I have loved them since I saw one at a show and then again at a museum on a XLR trip last fall. So I may be ordering one here this weekend. Got to go and look and make sure about all of it, but knowing that you think they are pretty great makes me want it more. I have one picked out and may order it as soon as I get all my ducks in order. :chuckle
We had a really nice day today too ... tonight was the weekly car show in El Cajon - it was NASCAR Night (Jimmy Johnson is from El Cajon) .... there were, I think, about a half dozen cars there ... my favorite was the Rusty Wallace car .... because it was the LOUDEST when they turned over the engines! :rocker:

The car show is always pre 1980 cars ... but always other cars show up and park on the side streets or together in parking lots ... like a bank parking lot was filled with Corvettes .... and another little cul de sac was filled with new and vintage motorcycles ... a Harley lover's paradise.

But the thing that really was cool was that some very lucky owner of a brand new 2010 Camaro parked his car where we got our first up close and personal look. You can love GM or hate GM, but there is no doubt that this new Camaro is not gorgeous inside and out. The way the gauges are set is awesome to see - doesn't look anything like the pictures in a magazine. I would own this car in a minute .... and might. It's not the fastest, best performer in the world, but it's a great looking combination of the old muscle car look, and something new. Someone told me that this car was designed by one of the people who designed the XLR ...
I saw this car at the car show close to 2 years ago .... I liked it then .... but I love it now. What a great DD it would be. (even has a back seat AND a trunk!) (No, I am not giving up Lola, but Ray might be giving up The Truck :lol:)

Ducks in a row

You better hurry and get those Ducks in a row. What color are you thinking of? The Chevy dealer had one at Red Nolands for some reason and everyone there thought it was really HOT, it was gone when I stopped in so I didn't get to see it. What ever color I know you will BLING :):):)

All of you that want them better get them fast before the new CEO of GM (President Obama) bans all great looking, fast cars from the planet and we are stuck buying Aveo, Focus and other Sh**-box cars.:laugh::laugh:

I guess we are buying what they make, not what we want.:lol::lol::lol:

Well I do like to Bling! So I am looking at the Orange Matallic with a racing stripe. Tinted windows and only the V6 though, I will get into to much trouble with the V8! Don't need it or to spend that much more for the V8.
What are your thoughts on the car? Do you like them? :chuckle

You better hurry and get those Ducks in a row. What color are you thinking of? The Chevy dealer had one at Red Nolands for some reason and everyone there thought it was really HOT, it was gone when I stopped in so I didn't get to see it. What ever color I know you will BLING :):):)

The Carmaro that we saw last night was the orange .... funny you should mention the racing stripe. That is the one thing that GM messed up on ... they used tape instead of paint. But, it looks good - but not as good as is could with paint to paint .... That's probably going to be the first customization for a lot of buyers. You will absolutely love that combination ... it is a zinger-blinger for sure ... Be ready for a lot of attention ... it draws more than its fair share. I didn't hear a negative comment the whole time ... yes .... a great look. Not too shabby on the HP either :rocker:

Well I do like to Bling! So I am looking at the Orange Matallic with a racing stripe. Tinted windows and only the V6 though, I will get into to much trouble with the V8! Don't need it or to spend that much more for the V8.
What are your thoughts on the car? Do you like them? :chuckle
I went and looked at them on the inter net. Nice Missy. You will look great in that car. Looks really nice. I seen a red one that didn't look bad either. :D

Well if I got red, then I would be in trouble. I'm just not a red person. Although I love yours! Te He! I either like the orange or the Blk with the orange stripe. Not sure, just looking and weighing my options.:dunno:

I went and looked at them on the inter net. Nice Missy. You will look great in that car. Looks really nice. I seen a red one that didn't look bad either. :D

Well if I got red, then I would be in trouble. I'm just not a red person. Although I love yours! Te He! I either like the orange or the Blk with the orange stripe. Not sure, just looking and weighing my options.:dunno:
Those are two pretty colors. I just saw the red on the web site. Thats all. :D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back