Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

Now I know why I live in SO CAL, not a cloud in the sky, top down and 77 degrees and I have the day off. Get that thar kitchen done you all.:bash:
I am staying inside and installing Italian tile for the back splash today. Have not had workmen here for two weeks so you can imagine I am a little miffed to say the least. I made a list of things the electricians still have to do, a lot of it is do over as they didn't do it right the first time. They have to reset all the outlets as they didn't allow for the tile, they were told but I guess didn't think they would get caught. Some of the outlets are so crooked you can see it the minute you walk in. Hard to get good help but they sure can charge. I just know it will be finished before I leave for RIV, I will need a good vacation by that time. Enjoy your sunshine.

I am back. Little Man was cracking the whip at work on me. We had year end to do and on top of that I had the pleasure of a state audit. Turned out really good. Now I can get back to the more important stuff like posting. :wave:

This is why I belong to the IBEW union. We don't do work like that, although I'm a lineman, not an electrician, I still could install them straight and allow for tile. You really have some dumb asses working for you. By law they must install a GFI breaker in the kitchen too. I bet they didn't make one of the outlets a GFI.
I am staying inside and installing Italian tile for the back splash today. Have not had workmen here for two weeks so you can imagine I am a little miffed to say the least. I made a list of things the electricians still have to do, a lot of it is do over as they didn't do it right the first time. They have to reset all the outlets as they didn't allow for the tile, they were told but I guess didn't think they would get caught. Some of the outlets are so crooked you can see it the minute you walk in. Hard to get good help but they sure can charge. I just know it will be finished before I leave for RIV, I will need a good vacation by that time. Enjoy your sunshine.

This is why I belong to the IBEW union. We don't do work like that, although I'm a lineman, not an electrician, I still could install them straight and allow for tile. You really have some dumb asses working for you. By law they must install a GIF breaker in the kitchen too. I bet they didn't make one of the outlets a GIF.

Well yes, they did have enough good sence to put in the gfi, in fact they put in two of them. I told them and also wrote on the wall to leave the switch for the disposal where it was. Of course they can't read and I guess are also deaf as they moved it to the West wall clear out of reach so now they have to change it back and install an outlet in the cabinet to plug the disposal into. In the meantime the tile is looking great. I guess they will be here Friday to finish up. I am so p----- off I don't even want to be here with them but if I leave I probably will have ceiling lights installed into the floor.:bash::bash::bash:. It is a real blizzard here now, sure glad I didn't drive to Salida today.

Yea, I know! This dummy wrote GIF, I guess I was thinking of the GM bailout and was thinking GIFT.

I didn't call you a dummy, I would never do that. Well, the electricians showed up today, the disposal switch is back where it was originally and the disposal works, you can't even hear it, what an improvement. The new lights are actually installed on the ceiling and so is the new foyer chandelier. New door bell is installed and after the second guy got involved it does work like it is supposed to. Of course they wouldn't install the new digital thermostate, said the plumbing and heating people have to do that. They will be back tomorrow to move the button for the doorbell to the first front door. I told the neighbors if they want to just drop in and the gate to my open courtyard is unlocked they will now have a doorbell to ring that I can actually hear. If the gate is locked that means you call first or just plain I am not receiving anyone until the gate is unlocked. Soon this big remodel will be finished.

Stopped in at the dealers this morning, they have a silver XLR, 06 with 22,000 miles, shale interior for $42,000.00. Was also told an 06 Black V is soon to be in with on 9,900 miles, it is a lease return. Don't know if they are keeping it for inventory or sending it back to GM. Guess the guy is getting a new one.

Now if only the snow storms would stop!:laugh:
I didn't call you a dummy, I would never do that. Well, the electricians showed up today, the disposal switch is back where it was originally and the disposal works, you can't even hear it, what an improvement. The new lights are actually installed on the ceiling and so is the new foyer chandelier. New door bell is installed and after the second guy got involved it does work like it is supposed to. Of course they wouldn't install the new digital thermostate, said the plumbing and heating people have to do that. They will be back tomorrow to move the button for the doorbell to the first front door. I told the neighbors if they want to just drop in and the gate to my open courtyard is unlocked they will now have a doorbell to ring that I can actually hear. If the gate is locked that means you call first or just plain I am not receiving anyone until the gate is unlocked. Soon this big remodel will be finished.

Which one, Lil' Woman?

I moved this over here so I could add the picture below...
~Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Woman
Quinn and Diamond Del should have went to Kevin's Irish Pub while they were in the Keys and told them I sent them in there. They might have gotten to see the tape.

How do you know we DIDN'T see it??? Yes, we visited Irish Kevin - we were in KW the week of St. Pat's. The Duval St. Pub crawl was on Saturday - we went down early and left before we had "too much fun." Kenny Chesney was playing in Sloppy Joes. Left early 'cause we didn't have Lil' Woman and the gang to keep us going. Went back on the 17th too, but we just ain't got it without you guys. THAT'S why we will drive hundreds of miles to party with the MMs - ain't nobody like y'all here in Avoca! :beerchug:

We assumed that one of your bras was hanging from the ceiling in Captain Tony's, as well... What other souvenirs have you left there? :naughty:

~Quinn

So...Lil' Woman - which one IS yours?
IMGP0528.jpg

That is so funny! :lol:
Here we have a kinda cow-pokey, steak house restaurant that cuts off your tie with great ceremony (ringing cowbell, over-size sissors, much drama) called Pinacle Pete's ..... and then they hang it on the wall, or rafters, or wherever there is a freaking minute amount of space .... :D
Your place looks like much more fun ....:reddevil

My vote, of course, is for the bra place.
Hans would know about such things. They invented the bra in Germany and called it Stoppenzy Floppenzy:nono::buttslap:

That is so funny! :lol:
Here we have a kinda cow-pokey, steak house restaurant that cuts off your tie with great ceremony (ringing cowbell, over-size sissors, much drama) called Pinacle Pete's ..... and then they hang it on the wall, or rafters, or wherever there is a freaking minute amount of space .... :D
Your place looks like much more fun ....:reddevil

My vote, of course, is for the bra place.
Hans would know about such things. They invented the bra in Germany and called it Stoppenzy Floppenzy:nono::buttslap:

Speaking of Hans, I've been wondering why we never hear from him any longer. Has anyone heard personally from him?

Floyd (BB)

Personal health issues with his mom and is probably working his butt off in their bad economy in Germany.
I don't like to bother him on the weekends because he is probably so tired, but, now that I think of it, I must just to let him know we miss him.
Speaking of Hans, I've been wondering why we never hear from him any longer. Has anyone heard personally from him?

Floyd (BB)

It's a beautiful day ... we are heading out to AZ today - in a TRUCK. My daughter sold her oh, so beautiful, jet boat and we're off to make the $$ exchange ..... She makes me laugh - now that they have the new babe all of the adult toys are goin' bye-bye and the kid's toys are taking up the garage space! Guess they'll just have to wait a few years for the roadster .... it's hard to put a couple of kids into one!
:wave: Have a great Sunday, y'all!

It is a April snow Storm here in Iowa. Yuk. . . :( It just started snowing heavy, real heavy we are expecting 5-7 inches today and a couple of inches tonight.
It's a good day to start a fire and have a couple bottles of wine. :naughty:

I put the cover on the X in the garage so she wouldn't have to see it! :lol:

I hope it heads farther north--I'm tired of this weather. Almost 60 degrees yesterday here and now is 38 with rain.:(:(

Have only had the top down on the V once--just to make sure it worked:lol::lol:

It is a April snow Storm here in Iowa. Yuk. . . :( It just started snowing heavy, real heavy we are expecting 5-7 inches today and a couple of inches tonight.
It's a good day to start a fire and have a couple bottles of wine. :naughty:

I put the cover on the X in the garage so see wouldn't have to see it! :lol:

Cathy,

If I remember correctly, I think it's the red one:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I moved this over here so I could add the picture below...
~Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Woman
Quinn and Diamond Del should have went to Kevin's Irish Pub while they were in the Keys and told them I sent them in there. They might have gotten to see the tape.

So...Lil' Woman - which one IS yours?
IMGP0528.jpg

I have sent Hans a few emails and I haven't heard from him since October 6, 2008. :dunno::dunno:

Jean,
I sent him an email this morning but no answer and he usually gets back to me the same day.
It's not like Hans to not return an email, especially to his BB friends. I'm gonna email Sabrina and see if she can shed some light on this.
I have sent Hans a few emails and I haven't heard from him since October 6, 2008. :dunno::dunno:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom