Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

We also have managed to acquire new pet names most of us. See if you can place the new names: Bladder Boy, Curb Rash, Five P, Den Mother, SW (George will explain it). And here is a picture our new friend, Phil T Cooler!

Thought that was "Phil D Cooler," Maybe I'm mixing him up with his cousin? :lol::lol:

Floyd (BB)

Curb Rash = Bruce (although I hope not since he doesn't even drink!

And SW ..... no clue ..... :confused:

and the cooler? Why, isn't that Jack in the Box?? :lol:
Curb Rash is Bruce and he wasn't drinking
Bladderboy is Homegrown
SW is Gerorge aka IndyXLRGuy
All the rest you were definetly correct.:lol:

Must to a cousin, Floyd--You Phil D Cooler. We will empty it:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thought that was "Phil D Cooler," Maybe I'm mixing him up with his cousin? :lol::lol:

Floyd (BB)

Well - now I'm already doing the "mental pack" thing for San Antonio .... :D Now, ya' all MM's will soon discover that packing our trunks take a little talent for these longer road trips .... but, hey, I'm going to share a trick with you. Use SOFT luggage ... like duffel-type bags, etc ..... those solid-sided suitcases use up way to much precious space. Oh .... and UNDER pack .... you will probably be buying some Southwest souvenir stuff ... hard to resist those handmade moccasins, turquoise silver, blankets and dream-catchers', regional shirts, etc. and believe me it's either have the stuff sent home or pass it up, and I really regret passing up some of the stuff I wanted from our KY & TN road trips .... we collect the Route 66 signs from each state we go through and have them mounted in the garage. Hey ... and it's not just us Diva's who find some neat stuff .... :D

Lola's cabin is so organized now that we have learned how to live on the road for 4-5 days at a time ..... I make a notebook before we leave - I print out, in order, the whole trip iteniery ... day one directions to each hotel along with the confirmation (because our NAV systems are not the most reliable across country - trust me ... and another section with the event information, addresses and directions to each event, etc. - I put all of that into a report cover in the computer bag at my feet. Camera's sit between me & Ray, our sunglass/reading glass holders are in the armrest. The door storage has the road atlas/local maps/brochures (for when we decide we want to go somewhere else at the last minute!) Kleenex, a plastic grocery bag for trash - our jackets are folded up behind the headrests ... We are VERY cozy for a few days, and I know that most of you have traveled for days in another vehicle - but believe me ... it is a lot different in the XLR - there is virtually not an extra square inch if there are 2 people in the cabin ...:willy_nilly:
Well, here's one small concession (haha) I am making - I am going to purchase one of those mini-laptops shortly (they call them laptots - isn't that just cute?) .... it will fit into my purse. :)
Now ... I have taken all of the advice I got on this forum from how to pack shirts for 2 people for 10 days (minimum of 30 shirts/tops) ... roll with drycleaning plastic or tissue paper ... voila' - no wrinkles! ....
Anyone got any other tips????

Well - now I'm already doing the "mental pack" thing for San Antonio .... :D Now, ya' all MM's will soon discover that packing our trunks take a little talent for these longer road trips .... but, hey, I'm going to share a trick with you. Use SOFT luggage ... like duffel-type bags, etc ..... those solid-sided suitcases use up way to much precious space. Oh .... and UNDER pack .... you will probably be buying some Southwest souvenir stuff ... hard to resist those handmade moccasins, turquoise silver, blankets and dream-catchers', regional shirts, etc. and believe me it's either have the stuff sent home or pass it up, and I really regret passing up some of the stuff I wanted from our KY & TN road trips .... we collect the Route 66 signs from each state we go through and have them mounted in the garage. Hey ... and it's not just us Diva's who find some neat stuff .... :D

Lola's cabin is so organized now that we have learned how to live on the road for 4-5 days at a time ..... I make a notebook before we leave - I print out, in order, the whole trip iteniery ... day one directions to each hotel along with the confirmation (because our NAV systems are not the most reliable across country - trust me ... and another section with the event information, addresses and directions to each event, etc. - I put all of that into a report cover in the computer bag at my feet. Camera's sit between me & Ray, our sunglass/reading glass holders are in the armrest. The door storage has the road atlas/local maps/brochures (for when we decide we want to go somewhere else at the last minute!) Kleenex, a plastic grocery bag for trash - our jackets are folded up behind the headrests ... We are VERY cozy for a few days, and I know that most of you have traveled for days in another vehicle - but believe me ... it is a lot different in the XLR - there is virtually not an extra square inch if there are 2 people in the cabin ...:willy_nilly:
Well, here's one small concession (haha) I am making - I am going to purchase one of those mini-laptops shortly (they call them laptots - isn't that just cute?) .... it will fit into my purse. :)
Now ... I have taken all of the advice I got on this forum from how to pack shirts for 2 people for 10 days (minimum of 30 shirts/tops) ... roll with drycleaning plastic or tissue paper ... voila' - no wrinkles! ....
Anyone got any other tips????

You :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Just to be funny, take 2 cars!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::reddevil:reddevil:reddevil:reddevil:reddevil:reddevil:patriot::patriot::patriot:

Anyone got any other tips????[/quote

Most of the MMs got the soft luggage duffels bought from Cadillac Tech. Thanks for the tips. I never thought of rolling shirts up with either of those. Where do you find the laptots? I might be interested in something like that. One more question where do I pack the funnel? :naughty::D

Has anyone started working on their badges for XLR? I think I will have my she devil on there and a picture of Scarlett.

Marion: Re: the laptops ... I have done a ton of research ... I have been everywhere to look at them .... my particular need is going to be met by either the Aspire 1 or the Dell ... and a screen of 8.9 ... So far, online shopping wins - except I have seen an Aspire at (you'll love this) the local WAL-MART! They are about $300 .... if you want you can pay a lot more for a lot more features ... but for me then it would defeat the purpose of having one and I would just use one of the laptops I already have. I am also buying one of the hand-held printers (made by Poloroid - $99) - the one that fits in your pocket .... it will print pictures from your phone .... also Dell has a new one out that will print from your cameras ... they are smaller pictures, with sticky backs .... very cool for on the spot printing - or in my case for scrapbooking. :rocker::rocker:

Jean: Only in my dreams would we take 2 cars ..... I wouldn't travel alone very well .... just ask Ray .... I love being the navigator, I love being chauffered, and I love having someone to talk to .... or not! :reddevil:chuckle

Has anyone started working on their badges for XLR? I think I will have my she devil on there and a picture of Scarlett.

You could also have a Colts helmet put on it and of course Super Freak.

Do you need me to bring the MM funnel?

Bruce

You could also have a Colts helmet put on it and of course Super Freak.
Thanks Bruce I forgot all about my Colts. Ofcourse Super Freak is going to be on there. I like the one with the little boy flipping the bird. Wish I knew that little boy. My kind of kid. :D;)

Little Woman has to have the funnel on her badge....

Do like we do when we travel..we use our UPS account and box up what we buy or don't need for the return trip and just ship it back. We have even done it going, by having it shipped to the hotel so it arrives like the day after we get there. Works quite well.

And after this past weekend with Missy Bling.. for a day and a half trip she had 5 coats and 6 pairs of shoes. Go figure.
Oh wait till Missy Bling finds out you posted this. Your in trouble too. Keeping count Homegrown, Cubby, and now Tiffany's dad.
If Missy Bling ever remebers her account you three are in big trouble. :chuckle:chuckle:laugh::laugh:

I'm thinking Marc may trailer Tiffany to the event, just for the trailer to haul Missy Blings wardrobe :chuckle:chuckle:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm thinking Marc may trailer Tiffany to the event, just for the trailer to haul Missy Blings wardrobe :chuckle:chuckle:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The trailer will be a great place for Phil T. Cooler and his many friends to ride. We may need to get one of those cars to run in front of us with the flashing yellow lights and the oversized load sign.:lol:

Bruce :wave:

It's awful quiet on here so far today. Why is everyone so quiet? :dunno:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry