Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

You could go out and start a SNOW BALL FIGHT or Build a Snowman. LOL:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle First Robin, in the sixties here again today.
Snow is melting here finally. We are suppose to be in the mid 50s this weekend. FINALLY. I'll just stick to my beer and watch the snow melt. X won't be coming out yet roads are still to wet and nasty for her to come out. :D

Robin: Re: your post about "ghosting" the old forum ...

Nope, Robin .... I don't care what is posted over there ..... and I'm not going to add to their site numbers by checking out that site. .....

I'm assuming that it is still being monitored by the same admin ..... no thanks. :rocket:

I just want to make sure that we can get our XLR owner's together and that they have the chance to meet a lot of other owners. :rocker:

I agree Jean, kinda looks like a screen door, way to big. Just my .02
Thank you everyone! Yeppers, that new car smell, ain't it great? :)
Nope, don't need a "V" grill, I don't like them. It's only a 6 and just for running around town it's G-R-E-A-T! :patriot::):D:patriot: And with our neighbors and friends we are incognito! :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :reddevil :reddevil :reddevil :reddevil :reddevil :reddevil

We saw the new kid in the neighborhood yesterday again .... That gorgeous red/ivory XLR ..... still haven't seen the owner, but there's a car club sticker in the very corner of the back window ..... I am curious to know what car club has welcomed the XLR ..... :cool:

We saw the new kid in the neighborhood yesterday again .... That gorgeous red/ivory XLR ..... still haven't seen the owner, but there's a car club sticker in the very corner of the back window ..... I am curious to know what car club has welcomed the XLR ..... :cool:

Did you get the license number? You could have one of your police friends run it for you and get a name and address and possibly a phone number. You could call them and tell them about the forum and RIV. Be brave RA, that is what I would do. Your dealer may even know who it is. First Robin

Did you get the license number? You could have one of your police friends run it for you and get a name and address and possibly a phone number. You could call them and tell them about the forum and RIV. Be brave RA, that is what I would do. Your dealer may even know who it is. First Robin
It could be a state to state law, but no police officer here could run a plate without reason to do so .... I know, I know ... you all will tell me that you know someone who has done it ...... but it's a no-no here. And I wouldn't dream of asking someone to take a chance with their career ........ heck, I wouldn't ask my cable guy to give me a free box either. It's just not right in my opinion.

But, don't worry, if I ever see the driver, I definetly will talk with them .... it's such a gorgeous car. And wouldn't it be fun if they were part of a Corvette Club or something with sister-like cars ....

Meanwhile .... I have a much bigger problem - my 16 year-old grandson just called me to tell me that he passed his driving test and has his license .... now .... will I, or will I not let him drive Lola????? Yeah, probably ..... I'm such an easy touch.

FYI for Everyone

Robin: Re: your post about "ghosting" the old forum ...

Nope, Robin .... I don't care what is posted over there ..... and I'm not going to add to their site numbers by checking out that site. .....

I'm assuming that it is still being monitored by the same admin ..... no thanks. :rocket:

I just want to make sure that we can get our XLR owner's together and that they have the chance to meet a lot of other owners. :rocker:

Just checked the old sight and they don't seem to be promoting the San Antonio event. The post that Professor had on there is gone and they have already moved Photo Girl's post to their "Local Meets" area.

BTW--it still looks really busy over there:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:(4 members online)

So ..... that forum's best interest is not promoting the car or it's member's desire to get together, huh? San Antonio is a LOCAL meet? To who??? :squint::lol: What good could possibly come from still censoring posts and threads???

So ..... that forum's best interest is not promoting the car or it's member's desire to get together, huh? San Antonio is a LOCAL meet? To who??? :squint::lol: What good could possibly come from still censoring posts and threads???

Some brave person from this forum needs to post on the other forum that it is Rendevous IV in San Antonio, TX May 21 thru 24 and maybe then they will realize that this is a national meeting. Seems Alan and Mea have been making all the behind the scene preparations for a meeting and have been working with Cadillac. I don't think they will be getting much support from Cadillac this year and especially if BG doesn't open back up as that is where they are planning to hold there little get together. They are still waiting for a reply from Cadillac and that has already been a few weeks. First Robin

I sent an email to the Cadillac dealer in the downtown area of San Antonio today to see if they know of RIV. I also phoned customer relations to see if they can get the word out to the dealers to tell their XLR owners of RIV. It was late so will call again tomorrow. Who knows, they may help in advertizing this big event. First Robin

Why would the dealers bother doing anything. The car is no longer being produced and the Mea small gathering is probably on hold. She elected to stay where she is becasue she is embarrassed about a private issue that happened in BG and has broken all ties. That's as much as I want to say, except I would not want to see her show up at the RIVerwalk.
Henry, I would like to know how many rooms you still have outstanding that you would have to pay for. I would be willing to change my reservations to take one of those rooms and maybe others would help out too. Yes it's a little bit more per room but I don't want to see you out $$$$$$$$$$$$$'s Let us know how many are still on the block.
I sent an email to the Cadillac dealer in the downtown area of San Antonio today to see if they know of RIV. I also phoned customer relations to see if they can get the word out to the dealers to tell their XLR owners of RIV. It was late so will call again tomorrow. Who knows, they may help in advertizing this big event. First Robin

Why would the dealers bother doing anything. The car is no longer being produced and the Mea small gathering is probably on hold. She elected to stay where she is becasue she is embarrassed about a private issue that happened in BG and has broken all ties. That's as much as I want to say, except I would not want to see her show up at the RIVerwalk.
Henry, I would like to know how many rooms you still have outstanding that you would have to pay for. I would be willing to change my reservations to take one of those rooms and maybe others would help out too. Yes it's a little bit more per room but I don't want to see you out $$$$$$$$$$$$$'s Let us know how many are still on the block.

I think he gauranteed ten for three nights and seven have booked. That means if they don't get booked he will have to pay the $179 per night per room for three nights which equals $1,611,00 plus he is paying for the meeting room, they would not comp it for him. That stinks but big hotels pretty much set the rules. I know when we get there we will all have a great time. Like he said, we don't know how safe it is at night and if someone has a few too many drinks it is just better to not have to go out and walk to another hotel at night. Even sober I would not want to be walking around at night where you don't know the area. First Robin

It really looks like the Hilton will have those 10 rooms booked with no problem ....

I was able to reach Captam from the old forum ... he is not going to be able to attend this year ... we will miss him ...... But, our race track buddy redv just might be able too!

There are so many people from R2 & R3 who do not know about this Rendezvous and we haven't been able to reach ... If any of you guys are in touch with anyone from the old forum, or if you have email addresses for them, do THEM a favor and let them know about San Antonio .... I don't understand why this isn't being promoted on the other forum(s)..... this isn't about forums, it's about the cars and their owners .... :squint:

It really looks like the Hilton will have those 10 rooms booked with no problem ....

I was able to reach Captam from the old forum ... he is not going to be able to attend this year ... we will miss him ...... But, our race track buddy redv just might be able too!

There are so many people from R2 & R3 who do not know about this Rendezvous and we haven't been able to reach ... If any of you guys are in touch with anyone from the old forum, or if you have email addresses for them, do THEM a favor and let them know about San Antonio .... I don't understand why this isn't being promoted on the other forum(s)..... this isn't about forums, it's about the cars and their owners .... :squint:
Is there anybody in particular you want PMd about it from the old site? I can log on there for you and PM them. I checkedthe old place, the Hotel info has been posted again over there since Feb 8th and noone has put any coments about it. I don't know that there will be many from there that wants to join us. So, if there is someone let me know I will be more than happy to pm them for you. :dunno::naughty:

Well, for sure, John & Amy Martin ..... I think it is Jmartin ..... and, I don't think there's some kind of law against going to their avatar and EMAILING them instead of using that forum's PM ability. And if there is any new member's that are expressing an interest in a meet .... or for that matter, any new member's who might not know about any of the meets.
It's one thing to hold a personal grudge .... but to hold XLR information back ... that's just not right. :pat:

Well, for sure, John & Amy Martin ..... I think it is Jmartin ..... and, I don't think there's some kind of law against going to their avatar and EMAILING them instead of using that forum's PM ability. And if there is any new member's that are expressing an interest in a meet .... or for that matter, any new member's who might not know about any of the meets.

It's one thing to hold a personal grudge .... but to hold XLR information back ... that's just not right. :pat:
I will email them tomorrow for you. I know before that Professor had a post on there about it but I don't know where it is. If I click on the active post it is just whatever is active. Photo girl posted something on the 8th of Feb about the Hotels and SA. I checked it today and as far as I can see there is no response. :dunno:If you would like I could post on Photo Girls post asking who is going to SA and see what happens. Let me know.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom