Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

Question:

We are watching the weather on TV .... it looks like all of the Midwest Marauders are freezing .... Ray and I were wondering ... how do you keep the fluids in the XLR from freezing during weather like this? Do you have to drain your fluids?? :confused:

Question:

We are watching the weather on TV .... it looks like all of the Midwest Marauders are freezing .... Ray and I were wondering ... how do you keep the fluids in the XLR from freezing during weather like this? Do you have to drain your fluids?? :confused:

I hope they all have a garage for the little buggers. Antifreeze in the radiators, windshield washer fluid that also has an agent to keep it from freezing and that is really all that you need to do. I haven't had mine out since I returned from Calif. The sun is shining brightly but it is hovering just barely above twenty degrees so I may take it out this afternoon just to keep the battery up although I have never had a problem with the battery. Just think what it would be like to care for three hundred and twenty horses, hay, water, coats to keep them warm and then all the manure to clean out of the stalls. We are so lucky they all fit so nice under the hoods of our cars. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle First Robin

winter blows!

Our high today will be around 3 degrees with a wind chill around -25. It is very hard on everything. The fuel freezing is what you worry about the most. Luckily we are all used to this crap and we get our vehicles ready for all of the cold. You don't want to drain the fluids,just make sure the fuel tanks are full and that the coolant mixture is good. A lot of the cars up north (like where Quinn lives) have block heaters. Winter Blows!

Bruce:cool:

Okay, this is more shopping than even I can take ... :rolleyes: ....

But I did find a really fun thing for the Detail Guy .... The World's Greatest Shelby GT Slot Car Track - 67 feet and 2 cars...... Now, can you just imagine what my livingroom is going to look like Christmas morning??? :pat:

Shhhhh! :biggrinsanta:

You guys who like toys should check this out online ....

My little Shelby just got a little louder - and faster.........I finally had the time to replace the blower pulley, bolt on the Borla exhaust and update the tune!

Oh My God!!!!!! :D :reddevil :D :reddevil We are getting pretty close to 700 horses.

Just hope You Know Who isn't reading this. :laugh:

It's a winter wonderland!

Our high today will be around 3 degrees with a wind chill around -25. It is very hard on everything. The fuel freezing is what you worry about the most. Luckily we are all used to this crap and we get our vehicles ready for all of the cold. You don't want to drain the fluids,just make sure the fuel tanks are full and that the coolant mixture is good. A lot of the cars up north (like where Quinn lives) have block heaters. Winter Blows!

Bruce:cool:

Out antifreeze is good to 35 below, but right now the wind chill is about -17. XLR is in hybernation now- safe in the garage. In addition to taking care of the Barbie Car, David (or Diamond Dave as the Little Woman named him last time we saw her) shows how he LOVES Winter (not). But - we do what we have to do. This was grilling last nite's dinner. Ruth Ann - come on over - we totally rely on wine to keep warm around here, so you'll be fine!

Hope everyone is snug and happy tonight.
~Quinn

Honey - I like this one...
IMG_3318.jpg

It wasn't THAT hard, he brought his electric saw.
IMG_3320.jpg

We're up to 30" of snow already and it's still coming down - so if you want grilled chicken, then darn it - just do it!
IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

Quinn! What great pictures! How fun - what great spirits!

I went to the mountains today with my grandkids .... (25 min drive) ... we played in the snow .... they built their first snowmen ... it was great fun. But it was not cold ... in the 50's ...

Wine .... someone said wine????:lol: :wave:

Dave, you da man!!! Diamond Dave is from Minnesota, so this is summer weather.:laugh: You guys take care and stay warm.

Bruce :wave:

I knew it.............Your not worried about the liquids inside the engine, it's the bottles of wine in the trunk. Hick!
Quinn! What great pictures! How fun - what great spirits!

I went to the mountains today with my grandkids .... (25 min drive) ... we played in the snow .... they built their first snowmen ... it was great fun. But it was not cold ... in the 50's ...

Wine .... someone said wine????:lol: :wave:

It is cold and miserable here. We are suppose to get more snow tomorrow and into Wednesday. It is 3 below today. Sunday was unbelievable, the wind was crazy. It was difficult to drive. Wind was so bad that there was white out conditions. :(

It's been below zero here for about 2 weeks now. The coldest has been 25 below at night. Today is supposed to be around 3 above, "warming up" to 10 above for Christmas Day. BBRRRRR!! Needless to say, the X is hibernating in the garage for the winter.
Everyone have a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY SAFE NEW YEAR!!!

His Cubbiness' little woman, It's miserable everywhere so don't feel bad, my car may have the top down but it's in the garage with nothing but rain through Christmas, but it will come out to got to L. A. to see the Lakers/Boston game. Christmas present from my daughter. I don't know which is the best the game tickets or my daughter..........we'll go witht he later.
It is cold and miserable here. We are suppose to get more snow tomorrow and into Wednesday. It is 3 below today. Sunday was unbelievable, the wind was crazy. It was difficult to drive. Wind was so bad that there was white out conditions. :(

Took the XLR out this morning, first time since I returned from Calif. It sat 12 days and started right up. Fueled it so I could check how many gallons and how many $$ I spent on the trip. Sun is shining but it hasn't made it to 30 degrees yet today. Supposed to get to 42 or 43 and then tomorrow not quite as warm. Got nice comments from the lady fueling her suv, she really liked my little bugger. One thing about Colorado, I will be able to take it out on sunny days to keep the battery charged but only if the roads are dry like today. First Robin.

We're up to 30" of snow already and it's still coming down - so if you want grilled chicken, then darn it - just do it!
IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

Curious... I've heard of YELLOW snow, but why is your snow PINK? Our snow is WHITE in Montana...

Hmm... must be a combination of the fluorescent light, the flash, the reflection on the snow, and the Cajun spices David put on the chicken. This snow was a little like Western Champagne Powder...pink champagne? Or, maybe Santa should just bring me a new camera like Photo Girl's.
~Quinn

Quinn........Quick go take a picture of your XLR, maybe that will come out pink. Then all the ladies will be jealous. I know Ray is dedicated to the grill and Lola's Mom XLR but don't know if he this dedicated.
Hmm... must be a combination of the fluorescent light, the flash, the reflection on the snow, and the Cajun spices David put on the chicken. This snow was a little like Western Champagne Powder...pink champagne? Or, maybe Santa should just bring me a new camera like Photo Girl's.
~Quinn

Ray was born and lived in Rhode Island for awhile .... he hates snow and cold weather. We are two transplanted San Diegan's .... weather spoiled. As much as he likes his BBQ, he might do it - albeit not joyously .. ;)

I have to bow to all of you living in the snow and cold ... :worship: .... I probably would be like the groundhog and stay inside until February.

:nono: :( :nono: pink XLR's ....... :pukeface:

RA,

You mean.....May :lol: February blows, also!!

Kathy

May???? But then the humidity hits :eek: - I think I'll just live here .... and visit back there! :blinzel:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom