Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

Naw; you couldn't license that setup in CA. Well; you could but first:

• The CARB folks would not allow it and the CAL OSHA folks would have a field day with it.
  • You would need an observer, full guard rail, a deadman's switch, a special use permit, an environmental impact report and permission from the closest indian reservation since it would impact their gaming rights.
  • Then you could apply for the license -- after paying all applicable, non-refundable fees up front. :wave:

Now I know why you guys just burn everything.:lol:

Bruce :wave:

You know better than that; a burn permit is easier to get, much like a medical marijuana card, or a green card, or a WIC card.

Snow & Ice

It took six hours to drive from Holbrook to Albuqurque today. Most of the way was snow and ice and miles of semi trucks. Probably spent two hours just doing stop and go as a Semi had turned over and we also came to one lane only in a construction zone. I got to Santa Fe and am holed up for the night. My little car is absolutley filthy. Will get it cleaned as soon as I get home. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice weather, sure hope they are right. First Robin

Thank you! It is my favorite - and the nicest - room in the house! All I need is for Santa to bring me some of those very cool floor tiles for Christmas. Alas, I don't think he believes I've been that good this year. I think Santa has been asking some of the forum wives about me! :lol::santa454:

Today we will have a high of 32 degrees with blowing snow flurries...definitely not top down weather! :lol: A friend of mine wants to do some shopping today at Clay Terrace, an outdoor/open air shopping mall...we better bundle up!!

Kathy
Well ... we are back to LA today and the greatest shopping area ever ... The Fashion District! Just found out that there is 19 sqaure blocks of delight waiting for me ..... I can't believe we missed so much last time! We'll stay the night across the street from DisneyLand and hit the Disney Mall tomorrow ..... now, hmmmm, where did I put those shopping bags?? :burnout:

Home Safe

Arrived in Colorado Springs, first stop at Red Noland Cadillac to have the XLR washed, boy was he ever a little Pig. Ruthie told me my car is a boy so I have to find a boy name. Picked up Digby, he was sure glad to get home. I must say my XLR did fine on the snow and ice but I do not like driving it in such bad conditions as it just kept getting more dirt on it. I think after all that driving I am going to stay here for the winter. Maybe I can crack the whip and get my dining room and kitchen totally redone. First Robin

Welcome back home to you and Digby!

You know you have to tell us where "Digby" comes from, don't you? The B-18 Bolo, the bomber used by the United States Army Air Corps and the Royal Canadian Air Force commonly called Digby? Salu Digby, the fictional character in the Legion of Super-Heroes? Digby, the Golden Retriever owned by Ned on the television show Pushing Daisies? Albert Fitzwilliam Digby, the Batman from the UK comic book science fiction series from the 1950s and 60s? Or is it from the Louisville, Kentucky power pop band Digby?

Now what are you going to name the car?

Okay, I'm done now.:crazy: Back to :bar00:

Digby

Welcome back home to you and Digby!

You know you have to tell us where "Digby" comes from, don't you? The B-18 Bolo, the bomber used by the United States Army Air Corps and the Royal Canadian Air Force commonly called Digby? Salu Digby, the fictional character in the Legion of Super-Heroes? Digby, the Golden Retriever owned by Ned on the television show Pushing Daisies? Albert Fitzwilliam Digby, the Batman from the UK comic book science fiction series from the 1950s and 60s? Or is it from the Louisville, Kentucky power pop band Digby?

Now what are you going to name the car?

Okay, I'm done now.:crazy: Back to :bar00:
Sorry, it is none of the above. When I bought him in Orlando a friend of mine named him. I guess when my friend was little the family had a dog named Digby. He will be ten on New Years Day, 70 in human years and then a year later he will be older than me. Speaking of age, my 81 year old cousin in Ventura gave me orders that I should not be driving all over the country at my age. I put about ten thousand miles on the X since March but that was three trips. I still plan to be at RIV in San Antonio in May. Not going to sit in a rocking chair and watch TV, will do that when I get old. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle First Robin

Car Rides

Digby loves to travel, maybe because we made so many trips back and forth between Florida and Colorado for ten years. When we stopped for his potty breaks he just couldn't wait to get back in the vehicle and his carrier. Of course my Standard Poodle, Darcy, taught him everything he knows. Darcy lived to just over twelve and went to Doggy Heven two years ago. Now what am I going to name my X ?????? He is such a good little boy it is going to have to be a good special name. :dunno::dunno::dunno:First Robin

Boy this working and shopping is getting in the way of playing on the forum.:(

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back