Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

They also announced on the news this morning that GM is going discount all Pontiac & Saturn models at 50% off original MSRP to reduce inventory levels. Perhaps thats why they need the 3.5 billion. There certainly isn't 50% markup on these autos, so someone is taking a hit. They will end up sucking young people in who possibly can't afford a new car, but at 50% off will give it a try. GMAC will then boost the interest levels to recoup the 50% discount loss.

Sounds like another OBAMA stimulus plan.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I read that GMAC is getting a 3.5 Billion injection from the Treasury Department. So let's see how this plays out, since we the taxpayers own 60% of GM and GMAC is part of GM and we the taxpayers are the Federal Government, is this going to be a gift, just a paper transfer, does it have to be paid back, does the Treasury Department have this money or do they have to ring up China and borrow it, and the questions keep going on and on and the money keeps being thrown away and away.

GMAC needs the money so they can loan it to people to buy new vehicles, people that more than likely can not get a loan at a bank. Hope they are all qualified and will pay off their loans and GMAC will pay back the Treasury. I am not holding my breath on this one.

They also announced on the news this morning that GM is going discount all Pontiac & Saturn models at 50% off original MSRP to reduce inventory levels. Perhaps thats why they need the 3.5 billion. There certainly isn't 50% markup on these autos, so someone is taking a hit. They will end up sucking young people in who possibly can't afford a new car, but at 50% off will give it a try. GMAC will then boost the interest levels to recoup the 50% discount loss.

Sounds like another OBAMA stimulus plan.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Saturn dealer here just got in fifty of the little roadsters and are selling them for around $20,000.00. Sounds like a real bargain but I will keep my XLR:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Ruthie, I hope you didn't have too much shaking at your house today. Just got home and read about the earthquake. For a 5.8 magnitude it really didn't sound too bad.

I read that GMAC is getting a 3.5 Billion injection from the Treasury Department. So let's see how this plays out, since we the taxpayers own 60% of GM and GMAC is part of GM and we the taxpayers are the Federal Government, is this going to be a gift, just a paper transfer, does it have to be paid back, does the Treasury Department have this money or do they have to ring up China and borrow it, and the questions keep going on and on and the money keeps being thrown away and away.

GMAC needs the money so they can loan it to people to buy new vehicles, people that more than likely can not get a loan at a bank. Hope they are all qualified and will pay off their loans and GMAC will pay back the Treasury. I am not holding my breath on this one.

So Obama says the banks are not lending enough but only lets GMAC lend to over 640 FICOS. Then he funds GMAC so they can make 0% interest loans so that our 4.5% rate does not look competitive. We are declining 75% of the loan apps due to poor credit. The smart ones know to take the rebate money and finance someplace else. How does a bank compete with the Government who is setting all the rules?

I don't think GMAC is part of GM anymore! Didn't they sell that off years ago?

I don't think GMAC is part of GM anymore! Didn't they sell that off years ago?

The government, we the taxpayers, now own 60% of it. They made a mistake when they branched out to home loans and added vehicle insurance. They should have stayed with just vehicle loans. Of course that is what happens when deregulation happens.

I just read on the stock market report where GM may get a 3rd bailout .... maybe that is where the jobs saved number keep coming from. Now, if the bail out and stimulus $$ wasn't in the equation, then the figures would have to start reflecting unemployment percentages that would rise.

You know, this can't last.

Tighten your belts because we are teetering. Oh yes, we are.
Did you know the Ben Bernanke, federal reserve bailed out 83 to 86 foreign Banks the two biggest were European "Societe Generale recieved 4.1 Billion and Deutsche bank recieved 2.6 Billion. Bernanke refuses to identify others. Does anybody know what the hell is going on am I the only one lost on what were doing?????? Help me understand all this its driving me crazy. Bernanke refuses to say how much was spent but it was 100's of Billions of dollars he stated it would cause harm to there Foreign banking industry. Congress is currently investigating and trying to get to the bottom of it.:ugh:

Speedway

Did you know the Ben Bernanke, federal reserve bailed out 83 to 86 foreign Banks the two biggest were European "Societe Generale recieved 4.1 Billion and Deutsche bank recieved 2.6 Billion. Bernanke refuses to identify others. Does anybody know what the hell is going on am I the only one lost on what were doing?????? Help me understand all this its driving me crazy. Bernanke refuses to say how much was spent but it was 100's of Billions of dollars he stated it would cause harm to there Foreign banking industry. Congress is currently investigating and trying to get to the bottom of it.:ugh:

Speedway

Fred, This happened several months ago. We borrowed the money from other countries so we could bail out the foriegn banks. Does not make sense to me but Bernanke doesn't make sense to me either. The money he used was supposed to go to banks in our country which as we now know they didn't need. The majority of the American banks are already paying back the bail out money they received. Too bad the American people are not being told the truth about any of Obama's great ideas.

Asking Congress to investigate misconduct is like asking your Priest to babysit your children................ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: No good will come from it, at least not for you.....................................:blinzel: Come on sit on my lap children and tell me your sins......:reddevil

BTW - My New Year's Resolution is to stop making fun of the Catholic Church........:( :( :(

I know, I know, I'm going to Hell - Doris reminds of that every chance she gets. Unfortunately for me; even in death we will be together.

Asking Congress to investigate misconduct is like asking your Priest to babysit your children................ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: No good will come from it, at least not for you.....................................:blinzel: Come on sit on my lap children and tell me your sins......:reddevil

BTW - My New Year's Resolution is to stop making fun of the Catholic Church........:( :( :(

I know, I know, I'm going to Hell - Doris reminds of that every chance she gets. Unfortunately for me; even in death we will be together.

I'm thinking, ain't gonna happen:angel:angel:angel:angel:angel:angel

Mark,

Hell can't be so bad---I'm living it; I've been married twice!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know your right I am just discussed with all this Bulls***.:ugh:

Fred

Mark,

Hell can't be so bad---I'm living it; I've been married twice!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wait a minute, I thought both of you bad boys told me your mothers drowned all their dumb kids. After twenty years, I learned, I sure didn't want to go through that nightmare again. January 9th will mark thirty five years of freedom for me. What is that old saying "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" once was enough for me. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Fred, This happened several months ago. We borrowed the money from other countries so we could bail out the foriegn banks. Does not make sense to me but Bernanke doesn't make sense to me either. The money he used was supposed to go to banks in our country which as we now know they didn't need. The majority of the American banks are already paying back the bail out money they received. Too bad the American people are not being told the truth about any of Obama's great ideas.
I dont know how I missed this but this is one issue I completely dont agree with him on and there are others (Illegals)we just havent got to them yet. But the CNN special report that I read says this happen in September 2008 god forbid if there are two different circumstances.

Fred

I dont know how I missed this but this is one issue I completely dont agree with him on and there are others (Illegals)we just havent got to them yet. But the CNN special report that I read says this happen in September 2008 god forbid if there are two different circumstances.

Fred

Yet another thing we haven't gotten to yet: Why did Mrs. Obama return home from France rather than going on to Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Iraq with her husband? According to snoops, she could not accompany him to any country that follows Sharia Law, a Muslim or a person that follows Muslim Law and teachings can not bring his wife with him on trips to countries that follow Shiria Law such as Saudia Arabia, Turkey and Dubai. Why did he bow to the King of Turkey? It was a signal to the Muslim world. Go figure. How well are you going to sleep tonight?

well it's been a really loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time since I've been on here!!!!!!!!!! :bawling: I've been really busy with work :D:D and then having both embroidery machines in the shop at the same time really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bawling::bawling::bawling
I hope all is well with everyone and a Happy New Year to all. :D:blinzel:

Yet another thing we haven't gotten to yet: Why did Mrs. Obama return home from France rather than going on to Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Iraq with her husband? According to snoops, she could not accompany him to any country that follows Sharia Law, a Muslim or a person that follows Muslim Law and teachings can not bring his wife with him on trips to countries that follow Shiria Law such as Saudia Arabia, Turkey and Dubai. Why did he bow to the King of Turkey? It was a signal to the Muslim world. Go figure. How well are you going to sleep tonight?
Fr I am trying to understand you but as I said we can agree to disagree. No way is Obama or his wife some secret radical Muslim. Please as a brother take a differnt approach I know you dont like him but dont be a follower of the radical element in America your much smarter than this. If you disagree with his policies there nothing wrong with that and their is nothing wrong with objecting openly but you need to understand that many in America just dont like Obama because he is Black and will go to any extreme to try and destroy anything he trys to get accomplished. In any event everyone should pray he will be successful in getting all this mess cleaned up and getting people back to work. I dont agree with everything he wants just to name a few; Cap and trade, Illegal immagrants, Gays in the Miltary and same sex marriage. I dont like Pelosi or Reed but that is who we have to deal with. The bad part of all this is I dislike all the republicans that are currently in office not because of some nonsense like radical secret muslims but because they are doing nothing but taking up air and space and they our responsible for what has happen to America's economy. I firmly believe the radical left and radical right have way to much power setting the direction of this country.:ugh: Solution I believe is TERM LIMITS.

Speedway:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back