Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh!

Took Beauty out for the first time in a month (I know that's nothing for you folks who have to put yours to bed for the winter). Get in & she fits like an old shoe - a nice shiny fast one! So relaxing & comfortable. Something about being in that car & taking it for a spin makes me feel like a million bucks every time. :D

Attitude adjusted! - that's my beach. :cool:

Took Beauty out for the first time in a month (I know that's nothing for you folks who have to put yours to bed for the winter). Get in & she fits like an old shoe - a nice shiny fast one! So relaxing & comfortable. Something about being in that car & taking it for a spin makes me feel like a million bucks every time. :D

Cool. Yes I need to give mine a good bath. I had her topless the other day but then it turned cold. So she had to get dressed again. Lol. But I posted over on the other "see xlrs in st augustine" but I think it was Bruce from Orlando area in his white supercharged xlr. I saw him driving into world golf village. It looked like he was heading either to the hall of fame or the renaissance hotel.

I think I saw Bruce in his alpine white xlr supercharged. All I saw besides the car, was a guy in his hat with a smile on his face. Sorry no pics I couldn't get my phone out fast enough. He was heading to either the renaissance hotel, caddy shack or the golf hall of fame.

Hey Californians. Particularly las Angeles area. This guy frequents this site. But hasn't been on in a long time. He posted his gold. Yes bronze gold xlr on another site I'm connected with. His screen name is ac's xlr.
e9aru8yv.jpg

Then on the same site. (Instagram) there's another one. It's a D3 though the person said china xlr.
y6a8uvyp.jpg
I don't know if he/she is on the forum or not.

So, I go in the shop & in my suit (skirt & heels for work), put down a towel on the floor & get on my knees to check everything out. :chuckle I can only imagine the thoughts going thru the guy's head while I'm doing that.

I would like to see a video of that! :reddevil

I'm sure after you gave them their "marching orders", they were too afraid to cast a sideways glance your way.

I would like to see a video of that! :reddevil

I'm sure after you gave them their "marching orders", they were too afraid to cast a sideways glance your way.

I'm hoping there were NO videos! :ugh: The guy who worked on the tire did track me down the next time I shopped at the wholesale club to ask if everything worked out ok with it . . . so I guess my "orders" worked! :D

Hey Californians. Particularly las Angeles area. This guy frequents this site. But hasn't been on in a long time. He posted his gold. Yes bronze gold xlr on another site I'm connected with. His screen name is ac's xlr.
e9aru8yv.jpg

That bronze orange looks like a nice color on the X. Bet it shows the lines of the car very well. A color cadillac should of thought about. Real nice Clark!
Those look like escalade wheels

Last edited:
On another note. This is the door opener pad. I think mine is wearing out and needs to be replaced. Some days I spend several seconds to what seems like several minutes (but actually about a minute) trying to open the drivers door. It's a lot faster on the passenger side but still takes a little "warmup" time. Does anyone know the price to replace or what's all involved (how long it takes) to replace.

I just saw a couple of new ones on EBAY for about $15.00... Heck, it doesn't get much more reasonable than that. And it looks an easy fix. 2 screws and a plug.

I think I found the problem. Well 1 of 2 problem when I used fob 2 the door opened right away. Then I went back and used fob 1 and since I have the use of 1 hand better I have to turn my body in a certain way then it'll open better.
Tonight I was at the store and thinking I hope a cop doesn't suddenly stop and think I'm a car thief. And arrest me for possible car thievery. But I have my proof in the glovebox. Just have to go and open passengers door and poof.

Winter modifications...

I think the worst part about owning an XLR is the WINTER months...lol. This is killing me not being about to drop that top and hit the road. But I've been through this with other cars I've owned as well so to occupy my time in the winter I search for all the things I need and want to add to my XLR so when spring hits she rolls out of the garage a different vehicle. Already picked up my Z06 chrome wheels, lighted wind restrictor, magnaflow exhaust is next along with a few other add ons... I need to do a few before and after pics.

Hi Amy,Judy & I did the same a week ago,went for a nice 140 mi cruise all back roads. It was good to be out in the X again after several wks of bad weather.we got some good rain and it washed away the snow and salt.it's tucked away now, we're waiting for 6 to 10in storm tonight!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Al

Drove "Little Bugger" yesterday to my appointment with my surgeon. Went on to Red Noland Cadillac so I could study the manual (with no interruptions) to see why the outside mirror on the passenger side was not going down when I was backing up. Figured it out so it is working again. When they installed the new battery the tech must have fooled around with the settings and turned off the parking assist in the computer in AZ way back in August of '13. I drive the XLR when the roads are free of ice and snow so I don't get him dirty so he gets out a lot during the winter.

Hi Amy,Judy & I did the same a week ago,went for a nice 140 mi cruise all back roads. It was good to be out in the X again after several wks of bad weather.we got some good rain and it washed away the snow and salt.it's tucked away now, we're waiting for 6 to 10in storm tonight!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Al

That's great! I know for where you guys live that's a rare treat this time of year.

We're supposed to get a couple of inches of snow here tonight - & for where we live you'd think it's 6-10" from the way people act!

Took my baby out for a top down drive today. It was close to 70 * today. It was nice to get her out so she could breathe. Now the bad part. As I was driving down the road, It didn't dawn on me till it was to late. I thought it was smoke or fog. But after I got closer. Then it happened!!! Torrential down pour. So I quickly but safely pulled over and hit the button. Presto the roof was up and closed, and within seconds I was back on the road. But the so so bad was I had a wet interior. But on another note. It's going to get really cold, at least for us floridians. So make sure your babies are fully tucked in and in a nice warm garage.

I think the worst part about owning an XLR is the WINTER months...lol. This is killing me not being about to drop that top and hit the road. But I've been through this with other cars I've owned as well so to occupy my time in the winter I search for all the things I need and want to add to my XLR so when spring hits she rolls out of the garage a different vehicle. Already picked up my Z06 chrome wheels, lighted wind restrictor, magnaflow exhaust is next along with a few other add ons... I need to do a few before and after pics.

We have kind of the same idea on a lower scale - using the wintertime to work on really cleaning/shining things up. Tackling the V's demonic black paint & all the spider webs - after a lot of research on product & process, did a very slow but very do-no-harm polish job on the back half. Took it slow because that thing scratches if you breathe on it. Good news is it worked on the spider webs! Bad news is also that it worked, we weren't going to bother with the rest of the car if it made no difference. Now we need to finish the rest of it before warm weather, although nothing helps the scratches where it looks like the prior owner cleaned it with a lawn rake! :bash:

Also switched out the exhaust to the Billy Boat Fusion (makes the Corsa sound quiet!). Not sure what else will be in the works before warm weather hits.

That's great! I know for where you guys live that's a rare treat this time of year.

We're supposed to get a couple of inches of snow here tonight - & for where we live you'd think it's 6-10" from the way people act!

I've been busy polishing/waxing myself so I forget to give you a weather update.SOOO it's now 10 to 14!!! back to hiding in the garage.:(:( Al

a4usyre8.jpg
dont know if you all can see. But there is so much frost on my car, the cadillac emblem has protruded. So you can see it from the underside. Just thought it was a cool pic that's all

I've been busy polishing/waxing myself so I forget to give you a weather update.SOOO it's now 10 to 14!!! back to hiding in the garage.:(:( Al

Whoaa! You guys are hitting the foot of snow range. We got our 3", just enough to make snow ice cream AND close school for 2 days.

Hope you either have a good heater in that garage or a fifth of good liquor in it - or both!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom