Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

We got our 3", just enough to make snow ice cream AND close school for 2 days.

Only 3"!!! And they closed school for two days??? That's a normal snowfall around here.

Only 3"!!! And they closed school for two days??? That's a normal snowfall around here.

Ridiculous I'm only in my mid thirties and we never got days off because of weather! Now days my nieces and nephews get off if it's to hot,to cold,seems like for everything. Seems like they shut down everything a lot quicker for nothing. Raising wimps. IMHO

Whoaa! You guys are hitting the foot of snow range. We got our 3", just enough to make snow ice cream AND close school for 2 days.

Hope you either have a good heater in that garage or a fifth of good liquor in it - or both!

haven't done chemicals in 32 yrs but do have a good heater!! :laugh::laugh: AL

Same where I grew up. But, we rarely get snow near the coast where I am now so the cities don't invest in the equipment to deal with it, and anything other than the interstate doesn't really get touched. Plus no one around here knows how to drive in it - summer tires & low profile racing slicks just don't work, especially when you're still trying to go 70. One of my employees who has always lived here told me she started crying this morning when she couldn't figure out you will never make it over the icy hill if you keep braking to a stop before you get to the top. :pat:

I also had had zero air conditioning in any school I ever went to, & it's not like it didn't get pretty hot outside (& so inside too). Now all my schools have been retrofitted with AC & heaven forbid it breaks.

'08 Platinum XLR

I found these 2 photos today of an '08 XLR that the owner was shot in (his Escalade was shot up a few months before). He had just picked up this car earlier in the day, it only had 60 miles on it when the shooting occured. He survived the shooting.

Attachments

• '08 Platinum XLR.jpg
    '08 Platinum XLR.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 238
  • '08 Platinum XLR #2.jpg
    '08 Platinum XLR #2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 231
That had to be real 'fun' to clean up! Sooooo, how do you get blood out of tan carpet??

I found these 2 photos today of an '08 XLR that the owner was shot in (his Escalade was shot up a few months before). He had just picked up this car earlier in the day, it only had 60 miles on it when the shooting occured. He survived the shooting.

Poor guy. I hope he's alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YUCK! :pukeface:

With the right chemicals it can be removed but patience is a big key! Also depends on the type of carpet, the time it has set and if you have all the correct equipment to remove it!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Or maybe move to a different state

BG Show Tickets

Does anyone know if the $20 Ticket for the 2013 BG Car show are tax deductible? :dunno:

I know donations and even the yearly membership to NCM is, but not sure about the tickets because I think they was donating all the money to a charity cause!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Could this year get any worse

Starting when mom and I got back in dec. we came back to our kitchen floor buckle. Mom thought it was from the fridge. It ended up being mold in the kitchen and front bath area. We called our insurance agent right away and he came out to access the damage. Mom had talked with a mold company that our association uses a lot. So they came out right away. Then the next day a tornado storm hit a area 45 min south of us. So the whole team was down there. When mom called them to have a check up. A Representative told her that they were busy with that other area. So our insurance guy had another company come out to get the job done. Thw previous companies machines were running for 2 weeks + already. So the second companies machines were running another couple weeks. So now it's already way into January and this condo has been a mess since the 1st week of dec. then a couple days ago the tile guys came in and finished the new kitchen tile. The installer told me to let the finished tile and grout set for 24 hrs. So I put up a barrier so mom and dog wouldn't go in the room. Mom decides to show the work to my nephew before we go out to dinner. The next thing mom and nephew head out to the driveway and she is holding her wrist. Mom fell down on her arm and broke it. So I can't drive her van because it isn't adapted for me. So here it is 545 pm and my youngest nephew who only has a permit, is driving mom and I to the ER hospital. By 8 pm my sister comes to the hospital and ends up driving all of us to grab dinner and meds. Then we thought we were in the clear with this mold problem. But while our Walpaper installers were taking off the kitchen paper, they found more mold. This is not related to the pipe break in my front bathroom. This time it's due to faulty windows and poor construction. :mad::bash:
Ok the reason I'm putting this on this site is because the other night after running to the store. I was putting groceries in the trunk and so some dampness. So the next day (today) I went to the trunk and there was moisture along the trunk brackets on both sides. Now I have had to leave my baby outside and haven't been able to park in the garage because of all the cabinets and oven are in there. So getting back to the trunk. I open the passenger side storage compartment and the bottom part is soaked. So I go over to the compartment that has all the electric and pump for the trunk. I quickly find out that that area is dry. That's good news. Whew so I sniff around and it doesn't smell musty. So I rush down to my cadillac dealer and tell them about it. I also told the service guy about the trunk rubbing on the light casing. And I think it's out of alignment. He told me that he will let me know about the issue as soon as he can.

Starting when mom and I got back in dec. we came back to our kitchen floor buckle. Mom thought it was from the fridge. It ended up being mold in the kitchen and front bath area. We called our insurance agent right away and he came out to access the damage. Mom had talked with a mold company that our association uses a lot. So they came out right away. Then the next day a tornado storm hit a area 45 min south of us. So the whole team was down there. When mom called them to have a check up. A Representative told her that they were busy with that other area. So our insurance guy had another company come out to get the job done. Thw previous companies machines were running for 2 weeks + already. So the second companies machines were running another couple weeks. So now it's already way into January and this condo has been a mess since the 1st week of dec. then a couple days ago the tile guys came in and finished the new kitchen tile. The installer told me to let the finished tile and grout set for 24 hrs. So I put up a barrier so mom and dog wouldn't go in the room. Mom decides to show the work to my nephew before we go out to dinner. The next thing mom and nephew head out to the driveway and she is holding her wrist. Mom fell down on her arm and broke it. So I can't drive her van because it isn't adapted for me. So here it is 545 pm and my youngest nephew who only has a permit, is driving mom and I to the ER hospital. By 8 pm my sister comes to the hospital and ends up driving all of us to grab dinner and meds. Then we thought we were in the clear with this mold problem. But while our Walpaper installers were taking off the kitchen paper, they found more mold. This is not related to the pipe break in my front bathroom. This time it's due to faulty windows and poor construction. :mad::bash:
Ok the reason I'm putting this on this site is because the other night after running to the store. I was putting groceries in the trunk and so some dampness. So the next day (today) I went to the trunk and there was moisture along the trunk brackets on both sides. Now I have had to leave my baby outside and haven't been able to park in the garage because of all the cabinets and oven are in there. So getting back to the trunk. I open the passenger side storage compartment and the bottom part is soaked. So I go over to the compartment that has all the electric and pump for the trunk. I quickly find out that that area is dry. That's good news. Whew so I sniff around and it doesn't smell musty. So I rush down to my cadillac dealer and tell them about it. I also told the service guy about the trunk rubbing on the light casing. And I think it's out of alignment. He told me that he will let me know about the issue as soon as he can.
Hawkeye, I say " i'll keep my fingers crossed" but for you i'll say a prayer!! good luck. Al

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom