Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I haven't been on much lately - year end has had me running in circles.

About 2 weeks ago, my wife slipped on some ice in a parking lot and broke her ankle. She really did a number (broker fibula, tore ligament, dislocated ankle). She had surgery on New Year's Eve and all seemed to have gone well. She is resting her foot comfortably now, but already getting a little stir crazy. She hopes to go back to work soon, but not driving herself. Being its the right foot, she won't be driving for at least two months. Fortunately we have a live in chauffer (Devin) who will be able to take Cindy back and forth for a couple of months. (I think I need to get Devin a black hat, when he drives Cindy in the DTX :chuckle). Well with her out of commission, us boys have a few more chores to take care of.

Work is also very busy now - I am now in charge of Purchasing and Inventory out WEST (as well as Midwest & Texas). Much more traveling. I'm thinking the XLR will not get the miles this year, as in past... but I'll certainly try, whenever I am in town. :cool:

Hope everyone else is have a good winter season. :wave:

Chicago Dave

Prayers will be going your way for Cindy's quick recovery. Before long she'll again be back to normal...

I haven't been on much lately - year end has had me running in circles.

About 2 weeks ago, my wife slipped on some ice in a parking lot and broke her ankle. She really did a number (broker fibula, tore ligament, dislocated ankle). She had surgery on New Year's Eve and all seemed to have gone well. She is resting her foot comfortably now, but already getting a little stir crazy. She hopes to go back to work soon, but not driving herself. Being its the right foot, she won't be driving for at least two months. Fortunately we have a live in chauffer (Devin) who will be able to take Cindy back and forth for a couple of months. (I think I need to get Devin a black hat, when he drives Cindy in the DTX :chuckle). Well with her out of commission, us boys have a few more chores to take care of.

Work is also very busy now - I am now in charge of Purchasing and Inventory out WEST (as well as Midwest & Texas). Much more traveling. I'm thinking the XLR will not get the miles this year, as in past... but I'll certainly try, whenever I am in town. :cool:

Hope everyone else is have a good winter season. :wave:

Chicago Dave

Sound like this winter weather this year is doing a number on everyone!
Hope all turns out well and God bless you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Sending prayers to you and your family. Hoping for a speedy recovery for your wife

Well this is when I wish I had a lot of extra garage room. Or just even a large storage room. This mold problem is effecting my space. My condo looks like a tornado or hurricane went through here. To top it off. I have to leave baby out in the developments side parking lot. This is because the stove and cabinets, that aren't mold effective are in my garage. I'm thinking I need a room just for emergency procedures like this. I'm not going to post the pics because some people might have weak stomachs. I hope I can get baby back in the garage next week. I hate to see her outside more then a hr. Especially when I have a garage.

Last edited:
Well this is when I wish I had a lot of extra garage room. Or just even a large storage room. This mold problem is effecting my space. My condo looks like a tornado or hurricane went through here. To top it off. I have to leave baby out in the developments side parking lot. This is because the stove and cabinets, that aren't mold effective are in my garage. I'm thinking I need a room just for emergency procedures like this. I'm not going to post the pics because some people might have weak stomachs. I hope I can get baby back in the garage next week. I hate to see her outside more then a hr. Especially when I have a garage.

Are you staying in your place while the mold abatement takes place? Mold can be VERY detrimental to a person's health. When my Dad's basement flooded several years ago, his insurance company put him up in a hotel while the mold abatement took place...

Are you staying in your place while the mold abatement takes place? Mold can be VERY detrimental to a person's health. When my Dad's basement flooded several years ago, his insurance company put him up in a hotel while the mold abatement took place...
Unfortunately yes my mom and I are staying here. But we are staying in the back part of the condo. The only areas are the front bathroom and the kitchen area. We are going out to eat a lot. The tear out has begun and tomorrow the guys are spraying the walls and ceilings. I was gone most of the day so my mom was here while the workers were here.

Unfortunately yes my mom and I are staying here. But we are staying in the back part of the condo. The only areas are the front bathroom and the kitchen area. We are going out to eat a lot. The tear out has begun and tomorrow the guys are spraying the walls and ceilings. I was gone most of the day so my mom was here while the workers were here.

Guy
I guess the first question is this an Insurance job or out of pocket? :dunno:I don't know who's doing your tear out and rebuild, but our business would of rented you a Pods storage unit to put your stuff in, also Rod is correct you should be sealed off from the workers did they put up plastic or all temporary wall unit to block out the dust and ect.......from traveling to the rest of the house. You really should not be there tomorrow either while their spraying the paint :( face mask are must so not to inhale the fumes! Please be careful!

amamehep.jpg
4aruje3u.jpg
myqy6e2y.jpg
yes insurance guy sent a worker to wrap or tent the rooms with plastic. My dog and I will probably spend the day out on the porch and only go inside to grab food and or use the bathroom. The insurance guy sent the mold guy here and he had a big machine to get ride of the mold and then put the smaller machine in the other tented room. The only bad thing is you can't hear yourself think with these machines on. So I have the door shut in the room that I'm in. That way I don't have the tv blaring.

Well that's good they should of paid for a storage unit for you too instead of making you use the garage, yes the machine that making all that noise may be an air scrubber? Good luck

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Yes I agree. Because even when I had my honda crv. I was always up half the night because every noise I heard I was thinking is that from my car? Now that I have this one I really watch out. At least I live in a Simi non vandal area. But you never know because there are only a handful of actual "owners". The rest are renters. I'm a very particular person especially now that my baby has to spend the night out side. Hopefully it won't be to long. It could be worse and I could live up where you are in the frigid cold. Btw what is the temp up there in pa

y5uza7y6.jpg

This is pics right now warming up into the low 50's on the weekend and 10 day on weather channel show 40's next week! Glad them temps are gone! We have every machine out on jobs from frozen water pipes bursting and flooding the homes and basements! Good for us bad for them! Ours guys are working 15 -20 hrs days trying to get them cleaned up! This was the coldest snap in 20 years here they said on the news!

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

y5uza7y6.jpg

This is pics right now warming up into the low 50's on the weekend and 10 day on weather channel show 40's next week! Glad them temps are gone! We have every machine out on jobs from frozen water pipes bursting and flooding the homes and basements! Good for us bad for them! Ours guys are working 15 -20 hrs days trying to get them cleaned up! This was the coldest snap in 20 years here they said on the news!

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Well, Dan, you know what they say... one man's fortune is another man's misfortune. Just be glad you're on the right end of that saying...

From what I just saw on TV it's starting to warm up for you poor people stuck in that cold snap. I'm lucky, we had 27 degree weather for about a week then it returned to our normal winter weather of 40's in the day and mid 30's during the night. The lowest I've seen was 34 degrees. I work at the 500 foot level and I have to log our the temp and other things once an hour, working the graveyard shift.

Here this will heat you guys up a good reason our XLR is "SO LOW"

e8y3edy2.jpg

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Ugg duh gargle gargle

su5ehy8u.jpg

Whew spent the last month sweating and getting dirty but look at the finished product. Heck I didn't even put a scratch on her when I put all the ground effects on. Just look at the finished product.

su5ehy8u.jpg

Whew spent the last month sweating and getting dirty but look at the finished product. Heck I didn't even put a scratch on her when I put all the ground effects on. Just look at the finished product.

Here are the before and after pics
udute2u7.jpg

Lol this is a joke

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC