Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I posted this on Fb but for all non Fb users. Thought I'd post here too. Sorry northerners. But today it was probably going to be the last nice weather day for awhile here in n Florida.
qa9yja8e.jpg
pyby8azy.jpg
the pictures say it. Listening to radio margaritaville and temp says around 65*f. Top down driving. Headed to get my interior buffed out from the nasty rub that has been bothering me since I purchased the ride. I went to my dealership today and the interior guy was there. (They told me he would be there on Thursday). The company's name is Interrior magic. They are out of Raleigh nc but they have reps all over I guess. 14460 new falls of neuse rd 149 pmb 149 919-819-0951.

e9u4urat.jpg

The guy I used was roger turner
He works for the local dealers here in jax/staugustine/ and maybe green cove springs

Just thought is share this with everyone here on the xlr net site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool

It an Open Road Brands item, 222919, size 31.5" X 20" , Hobby Lobby Home Accents, $89.99. Hope this helps.:wave::wave:

80 degrees (!!!) here today :twist: so went for a joint run (Victor's left brake light is fine, looks out because the turn signal was on). Maybe don't be too jealous because the high Tues is supposed to be 45. :ugh: 35 degree temp swings are crazy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 328
80 degrees (!!!) here today :twist: so went for a joint run (Victor's left brake light is fine, looks out because the turn signal was on). Maybe don't be too jealous because the high Tues is supposed to be 45. :ugh: 35 degree temp swings are crazy!

80 here today. took baby out for a spin. of corse topless. Tomorrow (monday) rain is scheduled but still in the low 80's . But then colder temps are heading in. well consider mid range 60's and sunny. So If its warm enough then i'll have baby's top off and driving her around town as long as i can this winter.
1497704_10152136322279314_2138349051_n.jpg

Yesterday (Saturday) started out sunny, but the clouds slowly rolled in as the day went on.

It was nice enough around lunchtime that I decided to drive Crimson Pearl on a little errand to pick something up about 15 miles away, down through the country. I had the top down for the first 5 miles where the speed limit was 45 mph, but stopped and put the top up after that. With an air temperature of about 50 degress F, it was just a bit too cool for me.

It was a nice little drive and the first time that Crimson Pearl had been out in a couple of weeks.

7epu2eta.jpg
aze6ana3.jpg
8aqa8avy.jpg

Well I thought I'd post here to show you all that n Florida does get cold here. The rest of this weeks dramatic plunge of cold temps. Then Monday night it'll even get cooler. So I guess no more top down time at least for a couple weeks. The other day when I drove the xlr out. It was raining. So I completely dried her off so the water droplets wouldn't freeze on the car.....

Yes I baby my xlr

hawkeye372;510 Well I thought I'd post here to show you all that n Florida does get cold here. Sent from my iPhone using [URL="http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1" said:
Tapatalk[/URL]

You think 60 is cold :laugh:

You shouldn't even think about using the word cold unless talking about freezer.

No I was mainly posting because of the lows. They are down in the 20-30. But with the windchill they will feel like in the mid teens.

No I was mainly posting because of the lows. They are down in the 20-30. But with the windchill they will feel like in the mid teens.

Lows here will be around -9 from Sunday through Wednesday nights. Highs during the days wil be hovering around 0...
I guess the word "cold" is relative to where you live and the temps you are used to???

Predicted high here is 2 on Monday with -16 Monday night. When your south of the Mason-Dixon that's cold. Of course, my XLR is tucked in and cozy.

Predicted high here is 2 on Monday with -16 Monday night. When your south of the Mason-Dixon that's cold. Of course, my XLR is tucked in and cozy.

I dont think my thermo-meter goes that low!

usysy5e8.jpg
as of today's forecast app Monday and Tuesday the lows will be around 27-30*F. So my baby is tucked in and gas tank topped off
remevy7u.jpg
y7udy2e5.jpg

Just wish I either had heat in the garage or some sorta temperature control in there.

lucky you live 200-300 miles south of us, Phrede! Our high for Monday will be -11, low projected at minus 16-20, so it will warm up a little as the sun comes up;) Just sitting here for the 6-12 inches of snow to make its way here. Thankful for our fireplace!

Cars & Coffee

As is the case in many places, Charlotte has a "Cars & Coffee" event the first Saturday of each month. I had yet to attend one of these events because it was held north of Charlotte, about an hour drive for me.

I read in the paper yesterday that it had been moved to a location in Charlotte. This is a location I was familiar with and much closer to me. So......in spite of below freezing temperatures, I decided to drive Crimson Pearl over and check it out.

I was really surprised when I got there, there were 200 to 300 cars there. Not knowing the "layout" of the cars, I found a spot and then had a look around. It was obvious that some clubs had come out and you would find a good number of the same type of car parked together, such as Mustangs, Miatas, and other assorted Jap Boy-Racers. However, there were at least a half-dozen Ferraris, quite a few Porsches and others such as Jaguars, Maseratis and Lotus.

Eventually, I found the Cadillacs and Corvettes. Next time I will know where to park!

I can only imagine what kind of turnout they get with better (warmer) weather.

I only took one picture, here it is.

Attachments

• DSC01196.jpg
    DSC01196.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 232
Crazy Year End - Hope 2014 is better

I haven't been on much lately - year end has had me running in circles.

About 2 weeks ago, my wife slipped on some ice in a parking lot and broke her ankle. She really did a number (broker fibula, tore ligament, dislocated ankle). She had surgery on New Year's Eve and all seemed to have gone well. She is resting her foot comfortably now, but already getting a little stir crazy. She hopes to go back to work soon, but not driving herself. Being its the right foot, she won't be driving for at least two months. Fortunately we have a live in chauffer (Devin) who will be able to take Cindy back and forth for a couple of months. (I think I need to get Devin a black hat, when he drives Cindy in the DTX :chuckle). Well with her out of commission, us boys have a few more chores to take care of.

Work is also very busy now - I am now in charge of Purchasing and Inventory out WEST (as well as Midwest & Texas). Much more traveling. I'm thinking the XLR will not get the miles this year, as in past... but I'll certainly try, whenever I am in town. :cool:

Hope everyone else is have a good winter season. :wave:

Chicago Dave

I haven't been on much lately - year end has had me running in circles.

About 2 weeks ago, my wife slipped on some ice in a parking lot and broke her ankle. She really did a number (broker fibula, tore ligament, dislocated ankle). She had surgery on New Year's Eve and all seemed to have gone well. She is resting her foot comfortably now, but already getting a little stir crazy. She hopes to go back to work soon, but not driving herself. Being its the right foot, she won't be driving for at least two months. Fortunately we have a live in chauffer (Devin) who will be able to take Cindy back and forth for a couple of months. (I think I need to get Devin a black hat, when he drives Cindy in the DTX :chuckle). Well with her out of commission, us boys have a few more chores to take care of.

Work is also very busy now - I am now in charge of Purchasing and Inventory out WEST (as well as Midwest & Texas). Much more traveling. I'm thinking the XLR will not get the miles this year, as in past... but I'll certainly try, whenever I am in town. :cool:

Hope everyone else is have a good winter season. :wave:

Chicago Dave

Wondered where you had been -- that's terrible about Cindy, hope she heals well & quick!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom