Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Sometimes OnStar is just irritating

So apparently OnStar now does robo calls to you, which really is unwanted. While driving home yesterday in my CTS, I was listening to a traffic report when the radio went silent. Huh? I looked at the display & saw "hang up," so I figured someone is calling me (can't say I'm not sharp! :chuckle). I say "hello?" to myself & an OnStar robo call starts reminding me that I have OnStar (thanks, hadn't forgotten yet) & that I can get navigation info from it (thanks, I have nav already). It then hangs up on me at which point (1) I've missed the traffic, & (2) the car stops recognizing my iPod, maybe just a coincidence but I had to start turning stuff off & on to get it to work again. :mad:

Also, when we signed up the OnStar the rep congratulated us on our purchase, but then proceeded to give a guilt trip about how lousy her car was (although newer than the one I just traded) & she wished she could get a new one but it was underwater. Not really what I wanted to hear when I was just trying to activate OnStar.

I think OnStar is great for emergencies, but other than that I wish it would let me be!

You know how some people have a sign in the window of their house of incase of emergency please call ###-###-####. Well my neighbor has one of those baby on board signs. It says incase of emergency please save my dog. We should have a sign like that except have ours say save my XLR :) :D just a thought

Had a really good time at the local Cadillac-LaSalle club show today. Couldn't have asked for nicer weather, and the club members were really nice.

We took 2d & 3d in our 2000 & up division (a very pretty pearl white '05 DTS took 1st). Victor-V edged Beauty to take 2d - I think he got a lot of sympathy votes because everyone knows despite silly "supercharged" & "V" badging that RED cars are FASTER! :burnout:

What was really interesting was a lot of people asked us if our cars were 2013's or 2014's, and if they were the "new" XLR. Another testament to their timeless & classic look! When we told them they stopped making them in '09, we got shocked expressions & "why?!" :dunno:

Pics: a couple of '63's; a high level restored 1930 V-16 that took best in show; a '40 & survivor '30 set of Caddies; a Pontiac Bonneville that was the longest car I've ever seen; our pair of XLR's in the middle of the '50's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 199
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 199
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 196
Where did you get the interior hood stitching done?

Oh yeah cool pics

Saw this on a mustang last night. I think this is the same for us xlr guys/gals. Just change the name to xlrsImageUploadedByTapatalk1379274395.734501.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Car Art Work

Added a little car art work to the garage. :cool: Purchased a couple of wall hangings from Diane at carartwork.biz and sent them out to Customs by Mike (ThePowderCoater.com) to have them painted to match each XLR. Really dressed up the garage. :dance:

The black background on the base XLR wall hanging was hard to see so I reversed it to a white background, which shows up better. I figured I would post both pictures because they look cool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 203
I heard it different than this. 'Mustangs are like A**holes, everyone has one'

Saw this on a mustang last night. I think this is the same for us xlr guys/gals. Just change the name to xlrsView attachment 3273

I heard it different than this. 'Mustangs are like A**holes, everyone has one'

True everywhere you look there is some sorta "pony". But our ride are unique. There are only a handful around and that's what I like.

I'm sad that i'll miss this event.

Oh btw i have my sis taking my car out once a month to keep her fluids, battery, and tires all moving. Hopefully my sis will know not to :burnout:and :worship: my car. My baby has her life in my sisters hands. The other day while i was riding around. and when i was going over to my friends house to see if he wanted to go to the car event, i forgot to go in the other entrance because the one entrance has higher speed bumps then the other. So i think i scraped bottom :(. Whats the saying Do it once,watch out, do it 2x thought you'd learn your lesson. So i will know not to do it a third. But then i went to put gas in at a station that shares a shopping center parking lot. I headed over to the entrance/exit by the light and ouch. What did they do but add high speed bumps there too. No place is safe for our low cars anymore.

Good luck let me know when your fire in up the grill LOL
Sorry you are not making BG this maybe the only year for it since its a 10 year Homecoming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Didn't go fishing YET. We got hit by the last of a typhone with steady winds of 35 mph and gusts to 75 mph. Sort of normal for Oregon in the winter. BUT next week we're going to see the sun again.

Maybe there will be another BG in 10 years. I hope to still have my XLR and hopefully add an XLR-V to my garage.

See you in MT next Aug?

Domain Name Expired???

Did anyone else have any issue w/ getting on this site over the weekend? I kept getting redirected to the "Domain Name Available" site, where it said that this domain name was going to be available, but was in a "grace period" to allow it to be reclaimed. :dunno:

Maybe Comcast had a glitch w/ DNS, but it stayed that way all weekend (everything else was working fine), and just came back this morning. FWIW

:confused:

Tim

Did anyone else have any issue w/ getting on this site over the weekend? I kept getting redirected to the "Domain Name Available" site, where it said that this domain name was going to be available, but was in a "grace period" to allow it to be reclaimed. :dunno:

Maybe Comcast had a glitch w/ DNS, but it stayed that way all weekend (everything else was working fine), and just came back this morning. FWIW

:confused:

Tim

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/site-help-feedback/6817-site-down-couple-days.html

THE SITE WAS DOWN??

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back