Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

image.jpgI posted this on Fb. But I thought I'd also post it here.
I thought the ford dealer was being me this. It's a cool roush stage 3 mustang. It has everything you could want in a high performance car. At 1st I thought it was a Shelby. But after I looked closer it didn't have his signature. So when the guy came back he told me no it was a roush. It has a nice high performance sound to it. It sounded like a magnaflow. But wasn't really sure. It is however a standard transmission. But the guy said they come in automatic.
But all in all I wouldn't trade the xlr in. I would however like to own this car. Maybe. But I need a large warehouse and maybe a 4 stacked high by 6 car rack to hold all my dream cars in. But then that wouldn't be enough I think. image.jpg

TPM sensor

After I told a fellow Cadillac guy asked me on the Tom sensor issue. He told me that they were $45-50. So I looked at my paperwork and they have it written down on the invoice as $109.06. "1 25758220 sensor for 20 wheels/tires 165 cp 0.80 $96.00
parts amt $109.06 labor amt $96.00. Total was $211.06. Good think It was covered under my extended warranty. I only had to pay my deductible of $106 with tax.
Guess the other amount my friend was talking about was for the cts or other Cadillac cars.

I think instead of the corvette, they should have made a pic of a xlr with the same wordsimage.jpg

Dilemma

image.jpgThis is my problem. I even went to weather techs website and clicked on the pop down tabs for xlr under cadillac. Their site says non are made for our cars. So I have a choice that I can either have a person cut a upending around a just rubber set of floor mats. But these don't have the clip piece so the floor mat stays in place. Or (and please don't kill me) but cut the drivers floor....mat so I can use the original holes so it'll stay in place. I really don't want to do this because our cars have parts that are hard to come by now. Plus where I need to cut is right where the xlr lettering is. 😭😰. I thought I kept my moms old srx floor mats so I could cut those. But I looked everywhere and can't find them. I really don't want to do this. But maybe I can use the old rubber ones and make a O ring to hold that in place? But those are really slippery. Ive been trying to figure out a way that I could use a floor mat here to fit around my foot pedal.

P.S. I spend 2 days in what felt like 100* scrubbing the carpet and vacuuming, and also cleaning the interior.

View attachment 3212This is my problem. I even went to weather techs website and clicked on the pop down tabs for xlr under cadillac. Their site says non are made for our cars. So I have a choice that I can either have a person cut a upending around a just rubber set of floor mats. But these don't have the clip piece so the floor mat stays in place. Or (and please don't kill me) but cut the drivers floor....mat so I can use the original holes so it'll stay in place. I really don't want to do this because our cars have parts that are hard to come by now. Plus where I need to cut is right where the xlr lettering is. . I thought I kept my moms old srx floor mats so I could cut those. But I looked everywhere and can't find them. I really don't want to do this. But maybe I can use the old rubber ones and make a O ring to hold that in place? But those are really slippery. Ive been trying to figure out a way that I could use a floor mat here to fit around my foot pedal.

P.S. I spend 2 days in what felt like 100* scrubbing the carpet and vacuuming, and also cleaning the interior.

Not 100% sure where you are trying to get so maybe this will not make sense. Why not just cut a set of aftermarket mats, like Lloyds, to fit around your pedal assembly? They are available for our XLRs. They have the keeper tab. The lettering can be placed away from your pedals.

Last months cruise-in Jacksonville fl

If anyone is on Fb then type in first coast car council in the search bar. Then click on the pics. Half way down you'll see my car. I'm chatting with my friend as he is showing me something on his little camera.

image.jpgThere are other pics where you can see my car in the distance. But this is the one that is close up b I guess the host of the car cruise-in had a guy go around and snap pics. This was back in August. It's always the 2nd sat of the month at this location in mandarin. Other locations are in Yule, up by the jacksonville airport, and orange park. It just depends on which sat you want to join in. Then the 4th sat is the Main Street cruise in historic Springfield in jax

Count down to kickoff for BG! Victor got a bath today & will get detailed & Zainoed too - first for the local Cadillac-LaSalle club show next weekend. Beauty will also get a bath for the same reason, no Zaino as she's already way ahead of Victor on # of coats. Haven't been to this Caddy show before so we're interested in checking it out. Doesn't appear they've had XLR's in it recently & we're about to unload two on them!

Then try to keep them reasonably neat before they get their final pre-BG departure bath in a couple of weeks! Want them nice & clean for all the bugs they'll collect on the way ... :(

Ls 88

The mecum auto auction is on. And the la 88 is predicted to reach the triple digit mark

This 67 vette l88 sold for 3.2 million dollars.​

Count down to kickoff for BG! Victor got a bath today & will get detailed & Zainoed too - first for the local Cadillac-LaSalle club show next weekend. Beauty will also get a bath for the same reason, no Zaino as she's already way ahead of Victor on # of coats. Haven't been to this Caddy show before so we're interested in checking it out. Doesn't appear they've had XLR's in it recently & we're about to unload two on them!

Then try to keep them reasonably neat before they get their final pre-BG departure bath in a couple of weeks! Want them nice & clean for all the bugs they'll collect on the way ... :(
Topless baby is getting a bath and wax job too. But not for BG. But for the cruise-in next sat night. Then going into the garage for a couple months :(. I'm leaving to go out of the country in 2 wks and won't be back till early dec. so she'll at least be all cleaned up while I'm away. Hope my sister doesn't get her dirty while I'm gone. My sister has been told to take her out for a "short drive 2 x while I'm gone. Once in oct and once in early November.

I really appreciate the person who not only dragged something across my trunk to scratch it down to the primer, but then rubbed it with their finger so they could grind in the dirt & make a bigger scratched up mess. :mad: :mad: :mad: Double idiot.

If you are going to damage my car, you need to just leave. Quickly.

I really appreciate the person who not only dragged something across my trunk to scratch it down to the primer, but then rubbed it with their finger so they could grind in the dirt & make a bigger scratched up mess. :mad: :mad: :mad: Double idiot.

Holey Crap........where did that happen, at a car show or shopping/parking lot?

Day trip last Thursday

The weather this past Thursday was somewhat of a break from the usual, the temperature was a bit lower and the humidity much lower. So we decided to take a little day trip to Lake Lure, NC for a picnic.

The drive is very nice and the scenery is beautiful. We stopped at our favorite picnic spot next to the river and had our lunch. After that, we rode on into Chimney Rock and then took the long scenic route home.

We made a stop for a short break and parked on this bridge. Thought I would share it here.

Attachments

• DSC00476.jpg
    DSC00476.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC00477.jpg
    DSC00477.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC00478.jpg
    DSC00478.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 176
Nice pics

What!!!! What's wrong with ppl. They don't respect other people's cars? Come on people

The weather this past Thursday was somewhat of a break from the usual, the temperature was a bit lower and the humidity much lower. So we decided to take a little day trip to Lake Lure, NC for a picnic.

The drive is very nice and the scenery is beautiful. We stopped at our favorite picnic spot next to the river and had our lunch. After that, we rode on into Chimney Rock and then took the long scenic route home.

We made a stop for a short break and parked on this bridge. Thought I would share it here.

:cool: Glad you had a great day! It was beautiful weather here today too! But I spent the day on the couch napping and taken some cold meds had felt a sore throat, ears & nose closing up coming on Friday night and felt crappy all day Saturday. So took today to OD one some meds feel pretty good now! :( "BUT JUST GLAD IT IS NOT THE WEEKEND OF THE HOMECOMING"

:( THIS IS BS! These people are not double idiots. They are ignorant & jealous of something they can't have or just bad people! I' sorry for your baby to get scratch like this down to the primer hopefully you can get repair to look new again!

Holey Crap........where did that happen, at a car show or shopping/parking lot?

Wish I knew - found it when I was cleaning her up, hadn't cleaned her in a month so it happened in the meantime. Had to be a parking lot, haven't been to a show, but I always park in the middle of nowhere so it's still odd. Mike & I still can't figure out exactly what did it. I'm guessing/hoping it was accidental, because it really looks like someone hit it with whatever & then rubbed it to see if they could get out what they just did.

It's a car so I know it won't stay perfect but it's still aggravating!

Looks like a nice drive & very sweet pics. You always get such great scenic shots with your very shiny Crimson Pearl!

transporter

Trying to help my neighbor. her brother is in the transport business and is just now venturing off on his own. he is going the extra expense to get everything legal and not be one of those that isn't insured. He has his own heavy duty dully rig with the 5th wheel hitch. he was with a company but they were bought out. so he still works for them until he gets his paperwork up to date.
So if anyone is interested or knows a person that wants to have his car or boat trailed somewhere instead of putting the miles on, then please PM me. He will have some cards soon.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom