Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Thanks will look into that. But for now I will use this method. But that's a good suggestion thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep got black one for me and the wife choose pink of course anyway they slide right over and make the buttons a little deep and help protect the FOB too! They are worth the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Dan, where did you find them for the pre-07 models?

Tim
Yep got black one for me and the wife choose pink of course anyway they slide right over and make the buttons a little deep and help protect the FOB too! They are worth the money!

1st my is an 05 I believe they may be different? I google XLR FOB Covers its been at least a year ago since I order them so not sure where it was I got them from???

For anyone in the jacksonville/st Augustine/palm coast and Daytona areas and all points in between. The first coast car council is gearing up for a 20th anniversary of the local cruse -in. So far there have been over 100 cruise-ins. More info can be found at first coast car council web site. The rain date is the following day which will be Sunday the 11th from 1-4. But this event non rain day is this sat August 10th from 5-8. All cars welcome. If you have a Facebook account then just search first coast car council. Happy motoring

Life ... Is ... Good!

Hadn't had Beauty out in a couple of weeks, took her out for a nice long run today. A rainy Sat. turned into a crystal clear Sun., somehow with a cool breeze & low humidity.

The drive was absolutely awesome, & reminded me no matter how un-good life can be sometimes, it gets a heckuva lot better in a XLR with the top down! :D Makes me really count my blessings that I have such a great car for such great fun!

Hadn't had Beauty out in a couple of weeks, took her out for a nice long run today. A rainy Sat. turned into a crystal clear Sun., somehow with a cool breeze & low humidity.

The drive was absolutely awesome, & reminded me no matter how un-good life can be sometimes, it gets a heckuva lot better in a XLR with the top down! :D Makes me really count my blessings that I have such a great car for such great fun!

I really like the last couple words." no matter how un-good life can be sometimes, it gets a heckuva lot better in a XLR with the top down! :D Makes me really count my blessings that I have such a great car for such great fun!"
Ok the last sentence n a half :cool:

rectangle exhaust tips

After watching the car fix show on velocity channel. (They were changing the exhaust on a older vette. they installed a newer exhaust and the rectangle tips and made the older vette look better. ) I am toying with the idea of doing this. I also am toying with the idea of the mesh grill? Kind of toying with the idea but not sure if the idea would be practical or not. The back of the xlr is rectangle or square where the tips would go. and my round tips are looking dull. I saw in a post a couple threads back where someone changed out his grill and installed the mesh one. The grill that i have on mine is looking dull and has some dings from road pellets or small rocks.
I guess i can always use some chrome polish to brighten them up :dunno:

I am at Barnes n noble flipping through a classic car mag. what do I see but a article on what is going to be the premier cadillac-la salle museum in hickory corners Michigan. This pic is located in the sept issue of Hemings classic car mag sept issue. Hey thinking of a place that the locals in Michigan or states close by might want to have a xlr-la salle car gathering
Check out the website. Like I said I just saw this article but haven't checked the site yet. Www.cadillaclasallemuseum.org.

It is at the Gilmore Museum. The Midwest group has been there. We will probably plan another trip there next year.

I am at Barnes n noble flipping through a classic car mag. what do I see but a article on what is going to be the premier cadillac-la salle museum in hickory corners Michigan. This pic is located in the sept issue of Hemings classic car mag sept issue. Hey thinking of a place that the locals in Michigan or states close by might want to have a xlr-la salle car gathering
Check out the website. Like I said I just saw this article but haven't checked the site yet. Www.cadillaclasallemuseum.org.

Just curious, what are you basing the Hp gain numbers on?

Go to the Corsa site Corsa Performance Exhaust - Sounds I actually think that mine sounds somewhere between the Sport and the Touring sound, (at least on my computer's speaker system) I always think that it has a bit of an F1 sound, like a European super car and I do not get any rattles. (that is usually a poor install, rattling against something) It does NOT drone in you car on the highway but it certainly has attitude when you step on it, you will love it! Between the Corsa and a Volant cold air intake you should get somewhere between 20-25 HP too on the non V models. (I sure wish someone would dyno before and after with this set up.) Both of these are easy bolt on but a hoist virtually necessary for the exhaust.

BTW: for the 2009 owners, assuming you want to keep the unique-to-2009 exhaust tips, there is some custom work to the final tail pipes so they dump in to those tips.

Yeah, stock it isn't anything to brag about, but I'm really considering the corsa, sounds great! I took my XLR to Minnesota for carcraft where I put it on the dyno among other things:
The dyno the car ran 236 rwhp w/ 241 rwtq (stock performance wise besides some K&N filters)
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-general-discussion/5354-2011-car-craft-road-course-w-xlr.html
These are the results of a DynoTune I had done by D3 on 8/5/2013. I have a Volant COI and Corsa Exhaust installed. The before tune readings were 292,3 rwhp w/289.4 rwtq:( After tuning the readings were 302.1 rwhp w/302.1 rwtq.:) The work was provided by Church Automotive Testing on a Dynapack chassis dynamometer. Here is the results graph. XLR DynoTune Graps.jpg

Yes I know I need to get out more and not be in a hurry to get where I am headed all the time.

Life is a journey, NOT a destination! :burnout:[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Great words this should be on a windrestricter

Just looking through a magazine and saw this. Has anyone thought about doing this for their particular xlr? I think it's a cool idea. But that's just me?
e5ahu9y2.jpg

Took Victor-V on his first long distance trip (warm up for BG :D), a 5 hour round trip done in a day, & got to enjoy the best of both worlds of speed/comfort and gas mileage. On the way out we had to dodge being late for an appointment so went a little fast. I can't say how impressive the car was, smooth as silk at any speed. Good for the passenger (me) because I had no idea how fast we were going since the car was so smooth and quiet, no wind/road noise etc. even running 85 mph most of the time. On the way back we got to try out the gas mileage side and got 28 mpg, which to me is great for a 400+ HP supercharged car (we didn't try drafting any tractor trailers though :chuckle).

What a wonderful road trip car!

Next weekend we hope to share them at one of the bigger car shows in the area, as one of the promoters really wants us to come because they haven't had XLR's there before & he would like to have ours there. It's a lot of fun helping people discover & learn about them!

Took Victor-V on his first long distance trip (warm up for BG :D), a 5 hour round trip done in a day, & got to enjoy the best of both worlds of speed/comfort and gas mileage. On the way out we had to dodge being late for an appointment so went a little fast. I can't say how impressive the car was, smooth as silk at any speed. Good for the passenger (me) because I had no idea how fast we were going since the car was so smooth and quiet, no wind/road noise etc. even running 85 mph most of the time. On the way back we got to try out the gas mileage side and got 28 mpg, which to me is great for a 400+ HP supercharged car (we didn't try drafting any tractor trailers though :chuckle).

What a wonderful road trip car!

Next weekend we hope to share them at one of the bigger car shows in the area, as one of the promoters really wants us to come because they haven't had XLR's there before & he would like to have ours there. It's a lot of fun helping people discover & learn about them!

Yes it is Victor V! Yesterday we went to a Crossfire supported show a long with a any kind of vehicle show! He keep asking be if i was bring the XLR down to the show!
This guy is the organizer of the show and owns a Crossfire but he can back to where we was 4 times checking out & questioning Roxy!
To be honest I truly think her rather be an XLR owner LOL........

Thanks Dan Gouker

Yes it is Victor V! Yesterday we went to a Crossfire supported show a long with a any kind of vehicle show! He keep asking be if i was bring the XLR down to the show!
This guy is the organizer of the show and owns a Crossfire but he can back to where we was 4 times checking out & questioning Roxy!
To be honest I truly think her rather be an XLR owner LOL........

Thanks Dan Gouker

Would that have been the "Crossfires of Maryland Charity Car Show"? I usually attend that show every year with my 2005 Crossfire Roadster Limited, but missed it this year.

:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Would that have been the "Crossfires of Maryland Charity Car Show"? I usually attend that show every year with my 2005 Crossfire Roadster Limited, but missed it this year.

:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yep sure was!

Thanks Dan Gouker

Just saw this. On a news app

I found this article on First Coast News's iPhone App and thought you'd be interested:

Finally brought together: Rare Cadillac concepts

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. -- The Cadillac showcase at the 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance featured one of the finest displays ever assembled of r...

Read entire article at:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/news-article.aspx?storyid=303519

Download the FirstCoast app.

Visit our mobile site at m.firstcoastnews.com

This article was sent via First Coast News's iPhone Application

Just saw this. On a news app

I found this article on First Coast News's iPhone App and thought you'd be interested:

Finally brought together: Rare Cadillac concepts

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. -- The Cadillac showcase at the 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance featured one of the finest displays ever assembled of r...

Read entire article at:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/news-article.aspx?storyid=303519

Download the FirstCoast app.

Visit our mobile site at m.firstcoastnews.com

This article was sent via First Coast News's iPhone Application

Hey Guy you must of missed my post sometime back when I posted about this !
The part that's sucks we was down that way in Hilton Head at the time and did not even know about it! We probably would of attended it if we a known!

Thanks Dan Gouker

Now that you mentioned this i think Rbweddle posted also. He lives 5 miles north of me. I haven't seen any of his posts though. The last post from him was back in may. I think he sold his xlr. Or no longer is using this site. Or maybe on vacation. :duno:

Now that you mentioned this i think Rbweddle posted also. He lives 5 miles north of me. I haven't seen any of his posts though. The last post from him was back in may. I think he sold his xlr. Or no longer is using this site. Or maybe on vacation. :duno:

Don't know either???

Thanks Dan Gouker

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics