Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Roof inspection done, home inspection next Monday and Closing next Friday. Decided to come back to Colorado Springs full time, buying a home in Kissing Camel's Estates across the road, above Garden of the God's. Sits on .887 of an acre so lots of room to roam outside and 3200 Sq. Ft. under roof. Has a detached 2 car garage but will be adding another 2 car close to my master suite. The existing garage is at the other end of the house next to the other master suite. Corner lot with many trees and good views. Very private with a circle drive between the two streets and a large Cache Le Porte at the front of the house.

Sounds perfect to me: let us know when you are ready for guests! :chuckle Ok, so I will settle for pictures!

Sounds perfect to me: let us know when you are ready for guests! :chuckle Ok, so I will settle for pictures!

After the surgeries are over and I can start driving I will head back to AZ to pack everything up and move it to CO. As much as I hate moving and all that is involved I am really looking forward to this move. You are more than welcome to come anytime. Might have to put you to work. LOL

Always entertaining how much HP people think these cars have. When we were getting the GT500 there was a base XLR in the showroom, & some guy who was looking to buy the GT500 commented to me "That GT500 is fast, but that (pointing at the XLR) is REALLY fast!" [actually he was wrong about which is faster].

Today, I had a guy ask about my base XLR "is that one of those 600 HP Cadillacs?" (He knew it was a XLR but I think he got confused with the CTS-V2 ads). I told him no, but close enough for my needs! :blinzel:

Of course, they look like they are going to take off in flight just sitting there anyway. :burnout::burnout::burnout:

Spent the day today at Chicagoland Motor Speedway, doing the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience! After a half hour driver meeting, opted to upgrade for a riding experience first, then driving. Also upgraded to the COT car (a bit fast than the other cars:)) What an excellent day! Makes we want to get my CTS-V back from Bruce before the work is done!! This is the best experience by far,you get to pass the slower cars and they have great spotters! Crossed off the bucket list! When I can figure out Supa's phone, I'll post some pics.

RWRE Pictures

Here are some pics off of Supa's phone from the track yesterday

2013-07-06 12.51.32.jpg

2013-07-06 13.19.35.jpg

2013-07-06 13.52.46.jpg

2013-07-06 13.53.49.jpg

2013-07-06 23.11.30.jpg

Took Victor-V out yesterday for a nice run with XLRATING. :knuddel:

I passed a Neon along the way and I apparently offended them.
:chuckle :chuckle Once they built up their speed and caught back up to me, they rode my bumper (for a short while).:laugh: We came to a red light and I had pole position and the Neon was as close to me as possible. I had Victor-V in performance mode, the shifter slid into the manual position and the exhaust baffles open, I was ready for entertaining. The light turned green and I got on it........when I shifted into 2nd gear the tires let out a high pitch burning rubber squeal (which surprised me) and the Neon was left in the dust. They didn't ride my bumper anymore. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Roof inspection done, home inspection next Monday and Closing next Friday. Decided to come back to Colorado Springs full time, buying a home in Kissing Camel's Estates across the road, above Garden of the God's. Sits on .887 of an acre so lots of room to roam outside and 3200 Sq. Ft. under roof. Has a detached 2 car garage but will be adding another 2 car close to my master suite. The existing garage is at the other end of the house next to the other master suite. Corner lot with many trees and good views. Very private with a circle drive between the two streets and a large Cache Le Porte at the front of the house.

OK... So now who are we going to visit in the Phoenix area when we go down??
Why did you decide to move back to Colorado Springs??

Spent the day today at Chicagoland Motor Speedway, doing the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience! After a half hour driver meeting, opted to upgrade for a riding experience first, then driving. Also upgraded to the COT car (a bit fast than the other cars:)) What an excellent day! Makes we want to get my CTS-V back from Bruce before the work is done!! This is the best experience by far,you get to pass the slower cars and they have great spotters! Crossed off the bucket list! When I can figure out Supa's phone, I'll post some pics.

It sounds like you had a GREAT time yesterday, I bet it was a lot of fun. Thanks for posting the pictures.

VICTOR-V
As I quoted before don't mess with the XLR....
Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

It was a great experience! Wish I would have gotten the video, but they charge for everything, and I was running out of money! :lol: Even the ride along is great. If you get a chance to do it, go it is worth it! Now to look for the Indy car ride along. Want to feel the difference between 150mph and 200+mph.:):)

It sounds like you had a GREAT time yesterday, I bet it was a lot of fun. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Well the NCM Package came today with the build sheet, window sticker & a explanation paper about the meaning of your Vin# and some other car info.
Here's some pictures for those interested!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373328131.450099.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373328152.952593.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373328152.952593.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373328152.952593.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 205

Hey Cubby
If you got a iPhone's this Tapatalk app is awesome loads pictures right off the phone with a click of the button on here plus you can take a picture and send on the spot while traveling! Tapatalk may work on other phone to, not sure!
I love it!

It was a great experience! Even the ride along is great. If you get a chance to do it, go it is worth it!

I did the ride-a-long last September at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The strongest sensation I got was the G-force pulling you sideways in the turns. I can imagine the toll it would take on your body in a 500 mile race!

I got to drive Crimson Pearl around CMS for 3 laps the prior September. I would have liked to be able to run at whatever speed I wanted to. A number of years ago, there was a charity event at CMS where you got to drive whatever you brought around the speedway with no other cars or speed limit. There was a dollar amount per lap fee that went to the sponsoring charity. I have been told there were some seriously fast cars there such as Ferraris, Lambos and other exotics!

If they do this again, I will alert everyone to the opportunity.

I backed topless baby out of the garage today. As the mid afternoon sun was rising over head, I swear she was getting darker. Or it might have been my condos room windows were tinted. Oh well I'm sticking with my story of she was getting her tan on. On another note. I got tired of always looking in the garage before I went to bed, and seeing her trunk open. I keep the fob in my pocket and it must be the way I sit. Because every now and then my trunk opens. So to be on the safe side I have turned on the valet button. So now I don't have to worry about accidental push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I backed topless baby out of the garage today. As the mid afternoon sun was rising over head, I swear she was getting darker. Or it might have been my condos room windows were tinted. Oh well I'm sticking with my story of she was getting her tan on. On another note. I got tired of always looking in the garage before I went to bed, and seeing her trunk open. I keep the fob in my pocket and it must be the way I sit. Because every now and then my trunk opens. So to be on the safe side I have turned on the valet button. So now I don't have to worry about accidental push.

I bought a rubber cover for the fob on the internet and mine has not come open since. I would suggest trying that.

Thanks will look into that. But for now I will use this method. But that's a good suggestion thanks.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back