Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Great pics you guys. It's nice to see 1 Xlr out but even better when 2 are out. Especially when they are in the family. Great shot of all of the cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I came damn close to kissing the wall at Gateway Motorsports Park today. We had setup a short Autocross (30-45 sec) on the road course for the Super Chevy Show participants. It has a short chute into a wide slalom then a reducing radius sweeper into a close slalom then an increasing radius curve and finally an offset slalom. I carried so much speed out of the first slalom I kept on accelerating through the decreasing radius turn till I completely lost it! Two countersteering maneuvers and off the course - the grass was slick and the wall was coming at me fast. Time to concede defeat - countersteer to the lock and brakes to the floor. I slid past the tire barrier and 6 feet from the wall it was over. Breathe. Breathe damnit! O.K back on course.

That was my second run with the ZR1 Swaybars. They don't lean at all and the tires give only the briefest warning of letting go. My next two laps were the best I've ever done (now that I know what the limits of this configuration is). The Corvette guys are puzzled how I'm keeping up. ;) Best mod I've done yet for the road course/Autocross. I'll be looking for Z06 springs at Bloomington Gold.

We did our first car show today. It was a lot of fun, & having the two cars together really drew a lot of attention. We both got top 30 plaques. And learned if you go fast enough on the interstate in a torrential downpour with the top down, you actually don't get wet. Even the top of the trunk was dry - only problem was water rolling off the top of the front pillars.

First two are ours, 3d was the most tricked out Vette there, 4th was best car award, last was the best truck award.

Congratulations on the show, the cars looked great!

You don't happen to have more pics of that Camaro by chance. It looks just like one we built a number of years back, Steve sold it in 06 to a guy in Regina but we heard he sold it stateside. (like there are not a ton of second gen Camaro's painted orange) As this car, it was a not a true RS car but made to look like one with the RS split bumper and altered grill. True RS's had the urethane extended nose and large round signal lights beside the headlights, not rectangular signals below the bumper. If you have more pics, email me please, especially if there is engine bay pics. We won best modified in show at the Canadian Camaro Nationals as well as best Modified Engine with that car. :)

Congratulations on the show, the cars looked great!

You don't happen to have more pics of that Camaro by chance. It looks just like one we built a number of years back, Steve sold it in 06 to a guy in Regina but we heard he sold it stateside. (like there are not a ton of second gen Camaro's painted orange) As this car, it was a not a true RS car but made to look like one with the RS split bumper and altered grill. True RS's had the urethane extended nose and large round signal lights beside the headlights, not rectangular signals below the bumper. If you have more pics, email me please, especially if there is engine bay pics. We won best modified in show at the Canadian Camaro Nationals as well as best Modified Engine with that car. :)

Thanks Sandy - unfortunately, I don't have any more pics of the Camaro. I can tell you it was a '72, black interior, I think a 427 engine, manual trans (with the shifter ball right next to the steering wheel, not down low). If you still think it might have been yours, I can keep an eye out for it at other shows & check it out more if I see it again.

Due to a past experience I no longer take good cars to Daytona beach. My previous convertible which was a Chrysler le baron convertible. She got keyed in the parking lot of my timeshare I don't bring (good) cars to my timeshare here. I did how ever just found out that there is a car show here. So my mom and I will be going tomorrow night (Monday). She and I both own this timeshare. And since I can only drive vehicles that are adapted for me, it's hard to want to depend on other people to drive me around. 😞

Thanks Sandy - unfortunately, I don't have any more pics of the Camaro. I can tell you it was a '72, black interior, I think a 427 engine, manual trans (with the shifter ball right next to the steering wheel, not down low). If you still think it might have been yours, I can keep an eye out for it at other shows & check it out more if I see it again.

Nope, if it was a 72 it was not. Ours was a 73 & I also realized the wheels were also wrong. Thanks for the info.

Back to Gateway for more Autocross fun. I actually beat the Corvette today.
woohoo-smiley-emoticon.gif

They had me joyriding the newbies to show them the course. Driving at 60% and talking and pointing out key features of the course. Some got out and still asked, "Are you sure that was 60%?" :reddevil I did drift it a little to let them know not to go too fast. :cool:

Back to Gateway for more Autocross fun. I actually beat the Corvette today.
woohoo-smiley-emoticon.gif

They had me joyriding the newbies to show them the course. Driving at 60% and talking and pointing out key features of the course. Some got out and still asked, "Are you sure that was 60%?" :reddevil I did drift it a little to let them know not to go too fast. :cool:

Congrats on spanking a Vette! This sounds like fun. Sometime we should include in one of our member gatherings some track time: :burnout: preferably one of those road race circuits that just have grass in the corner if you spin out! ;)

Interesting invite

Last year I whined on here (looking for some cheese) about a judged car show where Mike literally had to drag the judges over to look at my XLR, & then they didn't really look at it anyway. With his encouragement I contacted the host car club president about whether that was the way things were supposed to work. He said no & that he'd look into it but I never heard anything more.

Mike just recently got a mass email invite to this year's show. However, I got an email sent only to me inviting me to the show & saying they wanted me to be their "special guest." :dunno: No explanation what happens to "special guests" so I'm not sure what that's all about. Maybe :bash:? Or :blowup:? ... Anyway, I'm not planning on putting my XLR in that show for a whole bunch of reasons, but it's always nice to be asked as a "special guest."

Ok off topic but maybe a great product. I just saw the add for 3m paint defender. Has anyone used this. If so how good a product is it?

Anybody up try outs!! Lol.....View attachment 2978

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Where I live the streets are a big grid. The police had put one of these radar boxes about 3 blocks down on a nice straight away down from my house. All my friends thought it was the best thing ever like a game. We ended up taking everything out of the garages to see how fast they were. Dirt bikes,shifter karts,and of course our race cars. Nobody ever got caught because when you were done you just looped back into the neighborhood back to the house. Great times. We thought they would eventually put cameras next to the radar but nope.

Where I live the streets are a big grid. The police had put one of these radar boxes about 3 blocks down on a nice straight away down from my house. All my friends thought it was the best thing ever like a game. We ended up taking everything out of the garages to see how fast they were. Dirt bikes,shifter karts,and of course our race cars. Nobody ever got caught because when you were done you just looped back into the neighborhood back to the house. Great times. We thought they would eventually put cameras next to the radar but nope.

In my area they have a bigger size of one of those & like to hide cops on motorcycles behind them .... :bawling:

Ok off topic but maybe a great product. I just saw the add for 3m paint defender. Has anyone used this. If so how good a product is it?

I don't know about 3m paint defender. I had just got a polymer sealant wax that is a sealant. They specify that the paint should be cleaned,clay bared,and look how you want it to look because once you use the sealant it is sealed. It puts a rich gloss coating over the paint that last for a year or so. I was told its similar to the paint sealants that dealer ships offer for a hefty price. They also offer it for boats because of the durable coating that it does. I have not done my xlr I wanted to clay bar it before i applied It i think it will be a winter project as the wax looks good for now. I did do my motorcycle and wow what a coating it's like your reclearing the paint.

In my area they have a bigger size of one of those & like to hide cops on motorcycles behind them .... :bawling:

Ya now in some construction areas they'll put a minivan equipt with the radar system parked on the side of the road. When clocked they have a bunch of cops down road that they inform. Also seen the minivan with cameras that will send a ticket in the mail. It's all cat and mouse:lol:

Pure artwork - no matter what the color! Couldn't help taking a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 182
I guess this means that the best color is the dark red :lol: :):

Inspections

Roof inspection done, home inspection next Monday and Closing next Friday. Decided to come back to Colorado Springs full time, buying a home in Kissing Camel's Estates across the road, above Garden of the God's. Sits on .887 of an acre so lots of room to roam outside and 3200 Sq. Ft. under roof. Has a detached 2 car garage but will be adding another 2 car close to my master suite. The existing garage is at the other end of the house next to the other master suite. Corner lot with many trees and good views. Very private with a circle drive between the two streets and a large Cache Le Porte at the front of the house.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom