Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Gramma & Grand daddy again!
Grand baby # 5 "IT'S A BOY"
Rowen Eric 7lbs 13 Ozs 21 3/4in long Born Friday night @ 11:21pm ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369492250.149868.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

CONGRATULATIONS!

Now that's a really special GM tool! :chuckle

Really? Or is this too good to be true?

I just got back from autocross racing with the Boeing Sports Car Club and decided to check my mail. As usual - tons of eBay notices, but one caught my eye: "Cadillac XLR-V Exhaust Manifold / Header / Converter <used>". I opened the eBay ad expecting to see a standard OEM manifold, but lo and behold, its a pair of D3 HEADERS. Price $299.
$T2eC16R,!)0E9s37F0nnBRoW9258-g~~60_14.JPG
$T2eC16ZHJHwE9n8ii1bbBRoW9u3U2Q~~60_14.JPG

Could this be real? I was just talking to a couple C5 owners this morning who love their Kooks headers. I also, not two weeks ago, called D3 about headers and they're not making anymore.

I bought it QUICK! I hope this is real. We'll see in a couple weeks.

If ever in doubt grab right away. You can always sell them or return if not the right kind or size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got back from autocross racing with the Boeing Sports Car Club and decided to check my mail. As usual - tons of eBay notices, but one caught my eye: "Cadillac XLR-V Exhaust Manifold / Header / Converter <used>"</used>. I opened the eBay ad expecting to see a standard OEM manifold, but lo and behold, its a pair of D3 HEADERS. Price $299.
$T2eC16R,!)0E9s37F0nnBRoW9258-g~~60_14.JPG
$T2eC16ZHJHwE9n8ii1bbBRoW9u3U2Q~~60_14.JPG

Could this be real? I was just talking to a couple C5 owners this morning who love their Kooks headers. I also, not two weeks ago, called D3 about headers and they're not making anymore.

I bought it QUICK! I hope this is real. We'll see in a couple weeks.

That's a Great Find ! Hope it works out for you !

How to impress a BMW guy.

A friend of mine is a die hard BMW guy. He asked if I could give him a ride today and I told him I most certainly can. :naughty: I drove Victor-V and picked him up. With the top down, baffles open, performance mode on and paddle shifter engaged, we went for a RIDE. :laugh::laugh:I had a blast showing off what the XLR-V would do (thanks to the V-Performance Academy I attended back in 2007 at Road Atlanta). I wasn't shy putting the V through its paces. I've heard BMW so much from him that it was a pleasant change to hear how much he was impressed by XLR-V. :cool:

A friend of mine is a die hard BMW guy. He asked if I could give him a ride today and I told him I most certainly can. :naughty: I drove Victor-V and picked him up. With the top down, baffles open, performance mode on and paddle shifter engaged, we went for a RIDE. :laugh::laugh:I had a blast showing off what the XLR-V would do (thanks to the V-Performance Academy I attended back in 2007 at Road Atlanta). I wasn't shy putting the V through its paces. I've heard BMW so much from him that it was a pleasant change to hear how much he was impressed by XLR-V. :cool:

LOVE IT!
Don't mess with the "XLR"

Yeah that should be on a wind deflector. Duno

Robinson Annual Car Show

Well, it's that time of year again. A small church very close to where I live has an annual car show. It is a fundraiser for their Christmas Child program, which helps a few families that are having a tough time.

It's an open show and you never know what might show up. The weather was not looking very good for the show today. I normally am one of the first to show up, but it just wasn't very promising, so I held off a little while before going to the show. We've had very rainy weather brought on by Tropical Storm Andrea as well as a weather front heading east from Tennesee.

I try to rotate which car I take, and this year it was Crimson Pearl's turn. (By the way, this time last year, we were driving into Gettysburg PA for the 2012 Kruzin' the Keystone trip)

Even though I arrived later than usual, I still managed to get my favorite parking spot. This year I was next to a 1932 Chevrolet 5-window coupe.

There was a good showing of cars, in spite of the "iffy" weather. including a very nice 68 Camaro Z-28, a pair of 70 & 71 Chevy Novas with big blocks, several late model Mustangs and a few early models too. There was a nice 40 Ford coupe, a 35 Ford 2-door sedan and a Merc "Lead-sled".

Everyone is always very well-behaved at this show and the church has hot dogs, hamburgers and home baked goods available. The weather behaved itself after it started to clear and all had a good time, as well as helped a good cause!

Attachments

• DSC00439.jpg
    DSC00439.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC00440.jpg
    DSC00440.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC00441.jpg
    DSC00441.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 201
Ken, your baby looks great! I'm glad you had a fun day & that the weather was good for the show. :wave:

V Day!

Took Victor V & Beauty out for a joint run. Just got started when a CTS-V2 sedan blasted up from behind & spent some time checking out Victor. Later we pulled in behind a STS-V, were hoping to catch up but as soon as the traffic cleared it was GONE. Saw a few too many state troopers out & about so we let it go.

Really unusual to see that many V's in a day, especially the STS-V. All of them were black too.

I have been busy getting ready for local car shows and Homecoming 2013 I just order my Window Sticker/Build Sheet from NCM and getting pictures ready for XLR-net biz cards and a Car Show Poster! Here one below did with PicMonkey pretty cool what you can do and it's even FREE ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371159555.437103.jpg

Can you tell me how to order a "Build Sheet"?:dunno:

Sure can :
The easy way with a credit is call and ask for it by calling 1-800-538-3883 ( You will need your vin#)

Or online go to link below. Note: You can order different ways like just a Window sticker or a combo with of both with Build Sheet! Also other options laser etched wood, metal and slate ect.... If join as a member you can get a discount and if going there in September free 1 person admission to the National Corvette Museum :rocker:
www.corvettemuseum.or

On the line under the top picture click on

• History/Tributes
    • Go down to Build or Window Sticker Sheet
    • Than view and select your option and you can pay with Credit Card at the bottom
    • :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

I usually try to avoid hard labor, but this weekend was an exception.

A friend emailed me that they needed paddock/safety workers this weekend for the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience at Gateway Motorsports Complex.

pic1.jpg

O.K., not a big NASCAR fan, but why not. I might even get to drive the Super Speedway in a Stock Car. Friday was quiet, Saturday was super busy, and Sunday was finally called for rain after three attempts for the workers to take the cars out on the oval and dry the track.

I'm not saying I didn't like the Stock Cars, but next time I'll see if they let me take ELWOOD out on the oval for the "Drying laps" :reddevil

I usually try to avoid hard labor, but this weekend was an exception.

A friend emailed me that they needed paddock/safety workers this weekend for the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience at Gateway Motorsports Complex.

pic1.jpg

O.K., not a big NASCAR fan, but why not. I might even get to drive the Super Speedway in a Stock Car. Friday was quiet, Saturday was super busy, and Sunday was finally called for rain after three attempts for the workers to take the cars out on the oval and dry the track.

I'm not saying I didn't like the Stock Cars, but next time I'll see if they let me take ELWOOD out on the oval for the "Drying laps" :reddevil

I'm think Giz
Elwood would of enjoyed that very much too!

Well back in 2010 thanks to my sister who was a salesperson. I was sitting in a black (what could be a v) Xlr. Low and be hold 2-3 yrs later I would be driving one (even though it ended up being a base red one). Here is the 2010 pic ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371589370.366938.jpg

Victor-V & Beauty's first car show

We did our first car show today. It was a lot of fun, & having the two cars together really drew a lot of attention. We both got top 30 plaques. And learned if you go fast enough on the interstate in a torrential downpour with the top down, you actually don't get wet. Even the top of the trunk was dry - only problem was water rolling off the top of the front pillars.

First two are ours, 3d was the most tricked out Vette there, 4th was best car award, last was the best truck award.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 217
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 218
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 215
A couple more pics from the show. The Vette had angel eyes that flash & go through different colors. Owner is a nice guy that we met at a show last summer, who said he really wants a XLR but he doesn't buy used cars. The truck was a dragster loaded with "ghost skulls."

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 224

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!