Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

my baby has a Bo bo

I went to run to the bank last week sometime. It was just started to rain, So i went to the drive thru window. big mistake. The lady opened up the slide drawer and i wasn't far enough up. So now my baby has a bo bo scratch on the edge of drivers mirror. :(
photo.JPGYou probably can't see it on the mirror but luckily its on the bottom edge. even though the pic might be crooked? I have been meaning to check this out but i just keep forgetting. So now i was bring the trash and thought that i better check it out.

I went to run to the bank last week sometime. It was just started to rain, So i went to the drive thru window. big mistake. The lady opened up the slide drawer and i wasn't far enough up. So now my baby has a bo bo scratch on the edge of drivers mirror. :(
View attachment 2820You probably can't see it on the mirror but luckily its on the bottom edge. even though the pic might be crooked? I have been meaning to check this out but i just keep forgetting. So now i was bring the trash and thought that i better check it out.

If your lucky and if it did not go deep enough to the primer it may compound out? "AGAIN IF YOUR LUCKY"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

If your lucky and if it did not go deep enough to the primer it may compound out? "AGAIN IF YOUR LUCKY"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Ok thanks. i felt the indentation and it feels deep. But i'll take it down to the car collision and paint place just down the road here. See what they say :pat: :banghead:

View attachment 2820You probably can't see it on the mirror but luckily its on the bottom edge. even though the pic might be crooked? I have been meaning to check this out but i just keep forgetting. So now i was bring the trash and thought that i better check it out.

OMG: I feel your pain!:banghead: :bash: :banghead:

If you can feel it easily with your fingernail then it needs to be fixed properly. All dealerships have a professional scratch company come into their dealerships generally once a week. The will buff the scratch down, use a spot filler then using your paint code: color match your paint and blow it with an air brush gun, then clear coat it. You will not see it when it is done. My car had some bad nose/underbody gouges and scratches from the previous owner: seriously you can not tell they were ever there. (my son has a buddy that often uses our shop/tools/hoist and he is one of these guys, ownes a franchise here in our area called Cars-Metics. Awesome work!

As they say: Sh*t happens, but these guys can fix it! Ask your local dealer!

No pics. I was headed to the airport in KC to pick my youngest daughter up to attend her sisters wedding and hit a bird, actually a TURKEY. Dam that big ol critter tried to lift off right from the edge of the highway and luckily got higher than my headlights before I got it. Smacked the corner of the windshield and the A pillar , mirror and passenger window. Ten miles to the next small town to a car wash and lucky me, I only see very minor scratch, that can be polished. :crazy:

Finally

Well it's mid 70 finally. Stella has been washed,waxed and waiting. I figured out how to mount a car seat in for my five month old boy. We're gonna take a nice quiet ride and see what we can find. See ya mama well be back in acouple :burnout:

This fall may be the tenth anniversary of the XLR, but it's only the third anniversary of me getting my XLR. I remember being speechless after I test drove it, because I'd always wanted one and after driving it, it was everything I ever dreamed it was. But I knew if I said I liked it, Mike would have it in our garage, so I was trying to get out "we don't need this." I couldn't get that out (or anything else), & Mike said he read my body language SO it ended up in our garage anyway.

Man am I glad it did! I can't wait for BG this fall!

Watch out all. I don't know if you have them in your states, but here in Florida , it's love bug season now. Especially if you have a white or light grey car. They love white cars. Florida people know what I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surfing Instagram on the Xlr. Ran across this one. Some Canadian wrapped in purple or a custom paint job.
DifferentImageUploadedByTapatalk1367805502.523366.jpg

No pics. I was headed to the airport in KC to pick my youngest daughter up to attend her sisters wedding and hit a bird, actually a TURKEY. Dam that big ol critter tried to lift off right from the edge of the highway and luckily got higher than my headlights before I got it. Smacked the corner of the windshield and the A pillar , mirror and passenger window. Ten miles to the next small town to a car wash and lucky me, I only see very minor scratch, that can be polished. :crazy:

We have LIKE buttons but we need a DON'T LIKE button! Lucky for you it was minor, must have nearly scared the crap out of you! :pukeface:

Watch out all. I don't know if you have them in your states, but here in Florida , it's love bug season now. Especially if you have a white or light grey car. They love white cars. Florida people know what I'm talking about.

Know exactly what you are talking about: we excaped Florida just in time! How long do they hang around? We have to come back down there to pick up the 61 Olds wagon in a few weeks!

After I read the article the are here for 2-4 was. Then they come back again in sept.

Love bugs... here i thought they were just a figment of one's imagination... Glad I don't live in Florida!!
Course, what a way to go :knuddel::knuddel:then, WHAM!!

Do you know what goes through a Love Bug's mind as it splats into your car?

(Wait for it)

(Wait for it)

IT'S BUTT!

Do you know what goes through a Love Bug's mind as it splats into your car?

(Wait for it)

(Wait for it)

IT'S BUTT!

Lmao lol :lol: :lol: GOOD 1

There used to be similar rides at some of the ski areas in Vermont (close to where I grew up). They were a BLAST! They had a joystick to control it; the neutral position put you on teflon runners. You went on roller skate-type wheels when you pushed down, and you applied the brake when you pulled up.

Geez, that was a long time ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday!

Ok just thought that i'd update you people here about the boo boo. I went to t he auto crafters and they said that this is to deep to buff out. I also went to the cadillac dealer and the service man referred me to a body shop that they use. So due to time strains I didn't go down there right now. But he gave me a name and number and the companys name that they use. So the next time im out and in theat area. I'll stop by

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom