Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Hey all classic car people. There's a show called car chasers on right now on cnbc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics from Sunday:

Now Gizmo, I see that you are sporting 7 11 on Elwood. Does that mean you finally landed a sponsor?

I'm thinking free slurpees with ever XLR visit.....

Let us know when you get it arranged! Summer is fast approaching...

Steve

Now Gizmo, I see that you are sporting 7 11 on Elwood. Does that mean you finally landed a sponsor?

I'm thinking free slurpees with ever XLR visit.....

Let us know when you get it arranged! Summer is fast approaching...

Steve

I'll buy you a slurpee Steve, let me guess: What-a-melon or Sugar Free Winter White Mixed Berry. :chuckle

Funny you should mention sponsors. I'm still looking and actually walked throughout the grid asking if anyone had sponsors. None that day.

I actually wanted to use my cadet number, but that was too long. I was in Seagrams 7 squadron and the last three of the cadet number was 113. So my LSR number is 7113. For Autocross we removed the trailing number and when my little brother is driving we cover the 7 with the 3.

I should have said it' in recognition of my gambling with my mods, i.e. just another roll of the dice.:cool:

Just found out recently from NCM from the lady (Betty) there according to the build sheet or window sticker that they called the Silver paint on my 05 Roxy- Light Tarnished Silver and not Light Platinum Nickel Silver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Gotta love Corsa - got on it today in Beauty with the top down & my passenger said "ooooh, that was loud ... But it sounded GOOD!"

That's good for quite a few more rides! :D

Gotta love Corsa - got on it today in Beauty with the top down & my passenger said "ooooh, that was loud ... But it sounded GOOD!"

That's good for quite a few more rides! :D

I my humble opinion it is the best sound anywhere. :cool: I am sure your appreciation for that sound will continue to grow everytime you take Beauty out for a drive! I can't wait to get home and get mine out for a ride: sure hope ths salt is long gone!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365990928.140035.jpg wild and free

Someone needs to through up a video with the sound of the corsa, heard good things about it, and wouldnt mind putting it on mine as well. What kind of price is it running btw?

Someone needs to through up a video with the sound of the corsa, heard good things about it, and wouldnt mind putting it on mine as well. What kind of price is it running btw?

It's all personal preference. For 1700.00 bucks I don't think it should make popping on decel like they do and sometimes you'll get a rattling sound at wot. Stainless is nice and its a out of the box upgrade. If your a garage guy with some fab skills I used a hooker brand that I think makes the 4.6 sound like some muscle. Not loud at all just gives you the purr of the engine. Absolutely no drone,popping,etc. All for about 350 buck with the h-pipe, axle tubs and muffs ceramic coated a silver which helps contain the heat in the pipes and not radiate through the floor boards. If I can figure out how to do a sound clip ill do so.

A "big rim" caddy

Found this from a friends post on Facebook. Who wants this or likes this
75779_164196343618418_7397989_n.jpg

expensive RIDES

I was driving down the road today in my baby. Saw this ride I think its a mercedes amg sl 500.photo.JPG you might have to rotate your head because I think it pasted upside down. photo.JPGYes i did take a better pic when i was at a stop light. I think this person wanted to race because the posted speed limit was around 55 at the time of pic and then went to 45. She was puttin the hammer to the floor board. I know its a she because she was fiddling with something in the passenger seat and has long hair. I could see that much through the tinted window

Go to the Corsa site Corsa Performance Exhaust - Sounds I actually think that mine sounds somewhere between the Sport and the Touring sound, (at least on my computer's speaker system) I always think that it has a bit of an F1 sound, like a European super car and I do not get any rattles. (that is usually a poor install, rattling against something) It does NOT drone in you car on the highway but it certainly has attitude when you step on it, you will love it! Between the Corsa and a Volant cold air intake you should get somewhere between 20-25 HP too on the non V models. (I sure wish someone would dyno before and after with this set up.) Both of these are easy bolt on but a hoist virtually necessary for the exhaust.

BTW: for the 2009 owners, assuming you want to keep the unique-to-2009 exhaust tips, there is some custom work to the final tail pipes so they dump in to those tips.

Go to the Corsa site Corsa Performance Exhaust - Sounds I actually think that mine sounds somewhere between the Sport and the Touring sound, (at least on my computer's speaker system) I always think that it has a bit of an F1 sound, like a European super car and I do not get any rattles. (that is usually a poor install, rattling against something) It does NOT drone in you car on the highway but it certainly has attitude when you step on it, you will love it! Between the Corsa and a Volant cold air intake you should get somewhere between 20-25 HP too on the non V models. (I sure wish someone would dyno before and after with this set up.) Both of these are easy bolt on but a hoist virtually necessary for the exhaust.

BTW: for the 2009 owners, assuming you want to keep the unique-to-2009 exhaust tips, there is some custom work to the final tail pipes so they dump in to those tips.

Just curious, what are you basing the Hp gain numbers on?

Just curious, what are you basing the Hp gain numbers on?

I read it on the internet: everything on the internet is correct-----right? :lol:

Actually I have read it from a few sources that close to 25 hp is expected with the two mods. Other small block vehicles that have actually been dyno tested have been anywhere from high teens to mid/high 20's but I am sure that it is all based on how restrictive the previous exhaust and air intake/filter was VS the efficiency/clean running of the motor itsellf. Like I said, it would be great if someone would dyno the stock set up then the modified set up so we would know. I believe I saw somewhere on this site once before someones Dyno results on a stock XLR, I will have to seearch the threads for that. I would like to have mine done sometime.

I read it on the internet: everything on the internet is correct-----right? :lol:

Actually I have read it from a few sources that close to 25 hp is expected with the two mods. Other small block vehicles that have actually been dyno tested have been anywhere from high teens to mid/high 20's but I am sure that it is all based on how restrictive the previous exhaust and air intake/filter was VS the efficiency/clean running of the motor itsellf. Like I said, it would be great if someone would dyno the stock set up then the modified set up so we would know. I believe I saw somewhere on this site once before someones Dyno results on a stock XLR, I will have to seearch the threads for that. I would like to have mine done sometime.

Yeah, stock it isn't anything to brag about, but I'm really considering the corsa, sounds great! I took my XLR to Minnesota for carcraft where I put it on the dyno among other things:
The dyno the car ran 236 rwhp w/ 241 rwtq (stock performance wise besides some K&N filters)
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...on/5354-2011-car-craft-road-course-w-xlr.html

Yeah, stock it isn't anything to brag about, but I'm really considering the corsa, sounds great! I took my XLR to Minnesota for carcraft where I put it on the dyno among other things:
The dyno the car ran 236 rwhp w/ 241 rwtq (stock performance wise besides some K&N filters)
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...on/5354-2011-car-craft-road-course-w-xlr.html

Great, thanks for that info. I started out with the K&N's, I automatically put them on everything I own. Then I added the Corsa, the V sway bar and switched to the Volant cold air intake. Have you added the sway bar? If you are into road courses you would really notice the difference, and it is an easy bolt on: even girls can do it. :rolleyes:

So if you in fact do add the Corsa system (& possibly the Volant) I will be very curious to know the results if/when you dyno it again. Make sure you send me the results!

Thanks for the link to your road course listing too, great pictures and it reminds me how much I love the Xenon blue! :worship:

Well the last few days it has been up in the near 80's here in n fl. Today I think we hit a record high. 90*. I don't know if I was stupid or not. I had to pick up a neighbors niece @ school and take her into jax. I asked her several times if she wanted me to put the top up. But she said no. I parked my baby under the shade tree so I wouldn't get burned. By the time I dropped her off her aunt said she felt hot. After I left I still had the top down and looked over at the temp gauge. It said 93*. I was shocked. I was going to stay in town and visit my friend. But decided I better get home so I can cool off. What I really should have done is jump in the neighborhood pool. Oh we'll the weather guy said we are going to cool down. It'll drop to the mid 70's and by weeks end it'll be back up in the mid 80's. so it's great to live in a state where the weather is ideal for convertibles.

Yes you are LUCKY! Cool front dropped in this evening maybe upper 50's tomorrow and Sunday !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back