Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I "had" to take Victor V out today :)bawling:) since he was blocking Beauty in. Fortunately I had the right fob! Got my foot into him pretty decently from pole position & I think that's the smoothest transmission I have ever felt. Only the hood rising up & down let me know shifts were happening.

Found out I go through a certain drive thru way too often because the cashier asked me, "Don't you have a red one of these?" :eek:

Guess Victor drives pretty decently even if he is the wrong color! :cool:

With your history of engine mount abuse... you may want to order a set of engine mounts for Victor.

I "had" to take Victor V out today..... I think that's the smoothest transmission I have ever felt. Only the hood rising up & down let me know shifts were happening.

Found out I go through a certain drive thru way too often.....

Guess Victor drives pretty decently even if he is the wrong color! :cool:

Now are you sure the "hood rising up & down" wasn't you driving up over the drive through curbs? May want to check the engine mounts.....

Steve

With your history of engine mount abuse... you may want to order a set of engine mounts for Victor.

Hey now! That 70 Caddy was HEAVY, so it took some ummph on the motor mounts to get it going! I'm sure Victor V is lighter. Plus I haven't broken anything mechanical on XLR's like, say, shifter cables. That's probably what Victor needs extra of.

Now are you sure the "hood rising up & down" wasn't you driving up over the drive through curbs? May want to check the engine mounts.....

Steve

I'm sure there were no curbs involved. I don't usually make use of "pole position" in drive-thrus.

That said, Schooley do you wanna race? :cool: We can play "R U Faster Than a Redneck" - obviously with you are the redneck. :rocker:

I'm sure there were no curbs involved. I don't usually make use of "pole position" in drive-thrus. That said, Schooley do you wanna race? :cool: We can play "R U Faster Than a Redneck" - obviously with you are the redneck. :rocker:

If I understand this awesome television show that means I have to GO forward with my 2007 MERCEDES SL 600 since I am expected to be the City idiot to take on the superior US Cadillac XLR.
Do you really want to do this.....? Even red paint isn't going to save you here...... Now a White XLR might have been different....

Steve

If I understand this awesome television show that means I have to GO forward with my 2007 MERCEDES SL 600 since I am expected to be the City idiot to take on the superior US Cadillac XLR.
Do you really want to do this.....? Even red paint isn't going to save you here...... Now a White XLR might have been different....

Steve

I beg to differ. The SL600 is a dog from a dig. My 98 SL500
peelout.gif
would pull two car lengths on the 600 to about 65MPH, then the 600 started gaining and would pull away around 85MPH.

Given the acceleration of the V, I'd say they would be a dead heat in a quarter mile. The red paint is just gonna make the MB look slower when they're sitting together in the parking lot. :chuckle Now, with a black XLR, the MB is outgunned and outclassed. :reddevil

Steve - I think a set of bull horns like these on your XLR would be the ticket - since you have a white caddy just like Boss Hogg, you will then be ready for your redneck role:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 147
Well Roxy just loves the SeaFoam Cleaner she ran like a wildcat and idles smooth as a purring kitten!
We are in Fayetteville NC for our over night stay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

For some odd reason I stopped for gas
and still had a little under about a half a tank! I fill full to the top the gas splashed some out the top and was 48.00$ so I know it was full! After a couple mile down the road I notice it was only showing between 1/2 and 3/4 full? I filled up twice since then, but when I start up the gauge goes all way full but returns back to 1/2 - 3/4 and stays there until it get to that point then goes down towards empty! Any answers I am confused ?????????

and still had a little under about a half a tank! I fill full to the top the gas splashed some out the top and was 48.00$ so I know it was full! After a couple mile down the road I notice it was only showing between 1/2 and 3/4 full? I filled up twice since then, but when I start up the gauge goes all way full but returns back to 1/2 - 3/4 and stays there until it get to that point then goes down towards empty! Any answers I am confused ?????????

Sounds like you got a tank of bad gas or something else may have contaminated your fuel. One winter in Florida there was a lot of bad gas, at first they thought only on the Gulf Coast but found out we got it in Orlando also. It damaged the sensor for the fuel guage. The oil company paid for my repairs which were pretty expensive. That was on my 2003 DHS when it was just a few months old. If I remember it was due to a high sulpher content in the gas.

Maybe something with the dual tank setup? I've never really dug into the design and function of the dual tanks and fuel level sensors. I've heard that fuel is used from one tank (right??) until it goes empty (1/2 total capacity) then fuel is taken from the 2nd tank. This is done by a special valve. I've never understood this concept and thought drawing equally would be better for weight distribution. Since your issues are about 1/2 tank maybe there is an issue with the second level sensor or maybe the 2nd tank is not being filled when refueling? Fuel gauges can be slow to react to keep them from bouncing around in turns and such.

I just posted a link to details about the tank system in the XLR technical forum.

This problem has been documented in another thread and without me going back through it, I believe there are solutions:

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-technical-discussion/3847-gas-gauge-error.html

Bad accident while returning back to our hotel Thursday afternoon we saw a tractor trailer T-boned the the passenger side of a nice new looking white Caddy! It bought a tear to my eye!!!

XLR Warranty Repairs.

Got Tiffany back on Thursday after being in the shop for major warranty repairs. Had to replace waterpump. power steering pump. replaced the oil pan gasket. the front timing cover gasket and valve cover gaskets. All covered under warranty less my $200 deductible. Got the car in two days before my extended warranty expired. Hope all will hold up well for awhile now since it will be on my $ next time.

I guess it a good ideal to fully read the installation instructions! On our trip last week I noticed the seat cooler/back up sensors was not working but the curb alert was, so when we stop for a bathroom break I pulled up the floor mat, pulled out the curb alert fuse unit and put a fuse back in the seat fuse socket, then they worked again! Checked it out when I got back home and then noticed it needed 2 fuses in the plugin in unit! And of course now they all work!!!

we've had some terrible weather lately, yesterday was cold but sunny and no snow so I had to take the XLR out for a spin and a bath. damn it was nice to get out for a spin!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom