Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

It's called robbery. You can go to a gas station off the main drag around here its 3.84. Then you go to a main drag that's literally a mile away and it's 4.19. The gas industry is probably the second most corrupt business! Right behind our elected officials here in Illinois! Also gotta remind yourself with big boy toys, gotta PAY 2 PLAY.

It's even more prevalent here. Because of the state and local taxes, gas and tobacco products in Illinois averages $.30 more than in Missouri. So I consider it a double benefit to take a short cruise across the bridge (10 miles) to get cheaper gas and cigars.

Everyone knows it and Illinois has tried a few times to outlaw it and failed. Now Missouri and St Louis have decided to take advantage of it and raise their taxes (still cheaper than IL, but they consider it free $).:dunno:

In a post some time back, Cadillac Tech recommended a GM Fuel System Cleaner. I have been using it in Crimson Pearl since then. Recently my friend that works behind the parts counter at my local Chevrolet / Buick / Cadillac / GMC dealer informed me that the part number had changed.

The current product is called "AC Delco Fuel System Treatment Plus". It has the number 10-3003 on the label, as well as part # 88861013. I checked with GM Parts Direct and it is available under that part number.

GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

I also run premium fuel in Crimson Pearl. With the low number of miles that I drive her, the extra cost for premium is rather insignificant.

If you haven't made friends with someone behind the parts counter at your local GM dealer, you should take the first opportunity to do so. I have been dealing with the same fine fellow behind the counter for over 20 years and he has really been helpful to me.

Thanks Crimson Pearl /Bruce :rocker:I can buy it at a local AC Delco Auto Store about 20 minutes right down in Hampstead MD! I'll give them a call to see if they have it stock (hope so they are only one close to the area) and I need it byFriday. I was told that the Chevron / Techron Gas Treatment can be used but it not as good! :dunno:

Finally some sunshine here though still cold. Took Victor-V & Beauty out for a joint run. It was a lot of fun, but can't wait for top down trips! Stopped by a custom t-shirt shop & had these made for warmer weather:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 188
I can buy it at a local AC Delco Auto Store about 20 minutes right down in Hampstead MD! I'll give them a call to see if they have it stock (hope so they are only one close to the area) and I need it by Friday.

If not, your local GM dealer should have it, mine keeps it in stock.

Hope you have a great trip!

If you end up going to or traveling through Charleston, I can heartily recommend my favorite BBQ restaurant. I've been going there since I was a teen. It used to be a drive-in back in the day, but now it has a dine-in Sandwich Shop.

I used to hang out there in my GTO when I was a teenager. Here's a picture of it back then. It's known as Thomas Bessinger's now (still owned and run by the same family).

Attachments

• piggie_park_pic.jpg
    piggie_park_pic.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 184
If not, your local GM dealer should have it, mine keeps it in stock.

Hope you have a great trip!

If you end up going to or traveling through Charleston, I can heartily recommend my favorite BBQ restaurant. I've been going there since I was a teen. It used to be a drive-in back in the day, but now it has a dine-in Sandwich Shop.

I used to hang out there in my GTO when I was a teenager. Here's a picture of it back then. It's known as Thomas Bessinger's now (still owned and run by the same family).

If weather is on our side during our 4 day stay, we plan to do a couple of day trips since we are so close! :rocker: Where about in Charleston is this place? Been down there about 4 time never seen or heard of it??? We were talking since it only 4 hours on Sunday from our Saturday night stay in Fayetteville we may just head on over to Charleston for lunch this sound like a good place for to grab a lunch? I heat up the garage today a gave Roxy a shot of Zanio's sealant & wax job! Looked on the weather channel seems to warming up, but cloudy Monday, rain Tuesday but that is still 10 days away! Thanks for wishing us a great trip! :rolleyes:

Thomas Bessinger's BBQ

Check out this website and ALL will be revealed!

Bessingers BBQ

Explore the site and have fun.

Be sure to try the onion rings, they're as big as bagels and delicious!

Try either a Big Joe or Little Joe chopped pork basket, it comes with the sandwich, fries and an onion ring.

Bessingers BBQ

Try either a Big Joe or Little Joe chopped pork basket, it comes with the sandwich, fries and an onion ring.

Wow sounds delish! Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Finally some sunshine here though still cold. Took Victor-V & Beauty out for a joint run. It was a lot of fun, but can't wait for top down trips! Stopped by a custom t-shirt shop & had these made for warmer weather:

Amy, the shirts look great! It's good to hear that you were able to get the babies out for a little fun.
:wave:

Funny story!!

It was fairly nice here yesterday, so I took a trip over to the storage unit to check on the V's. (Mainly the CTS-V, as it will be making a trip to FL next week.) I only grabbed one FOB; thought I grabbed the CTS-V FOB--it was for the XLR-V!!:chuckle:chuckle Needless to say, didn'T get to take a ride, as THE CTS-V was blocking the XLR-V!! Didn't feel like driving back across town to get the other FOB. They will be sitting until nest week now, as they are forecasting 6-12" of snow starting tonight into Wednesday morning. :(:( After this event, looks like we will start getting into the mid to high 40's by the weekend and beyond. Hopefully all the snow is gone the next Wed. for the trip to Sebring!!

It was fairly nice here yesterday, so I took a trip over to the storage unit to check on the V's. (Mainly the CTS-V, as it will be making a trip to FL next week.) I only grabbed one FOB; thought I grabbed the CTS-V FOB--it was for the XLR-V!!:chuckle:chuckle Needless to say, didn'T get to take a ride, as THE CTS-V was blocking the XLR-V!! Didn't feel like driving back across town to get the other FOB. They will be sitting until nest week now, as they are forecasting 6-12" of snow starting tonight into Wednesday morning. :(:( After this event, looks like we will start getting into the mid to high 40's by the weekend and beyond. Hopefully all the snow is gone the next Wed. for the trip to Sebring!!

Cubby, this is what you need..........

Wishful Thinking.jpg

Really like the shirts! Finding XLR shirts is tough.

Bessingers BBQ

Wendy liked this place so we added it to our list for Sunday we are going to stop down in Charleston before going over to Hilton Head can't check in to 4 pm so got sometime to spare!
Also they did not have the GM fuel cleaner ($26.50) in stock so they recommended a cleaner called sea foam ( not sure of the spelling) but said its rated the best on the market and found it a at NAPA through our business account for $6.79 a bottle for up to 20 gals.

I used to own a Ford Thunderbird with a 4.6L modular engine. They are somewhat prone to carbon buildup in the intake manifold. I was told by the Ford dealer that sold and serviced the car to use the Seafoam cleaner. It appeared to work, after several uses the "check engine" light went away and the error codes cleared and did not reoccur.

I sold my T-Bird shortly after purchasing Crimson Pearl, so I can't comment on the long-term success of the Seafoam. I was able to purchase Seafoam at my local NAPA Store.

Be sure to let us know if you enjoy your stop at Thomas Bessingers!

I have been using SeaFoam for years in all of my vehicles. Highly recommended.

I used to own a Ford Thunderbird with a 4.6L modular engine. They are somewhat prone to carbon buildup in the intake manifold. I was told by the Ford dealer that sold and serviced the car to use the Seafoam cleaner. It appeared to work, after several uses the "check engine" light went away and the error codes cleared and did not reoccur.

I sold my T-Bird shortly after purchasing Crimson Pearl, so I can't comment on the long-term success of the Seafoam. I was able to purchase Seafoam at my local NAPA Store.

Be sure to let us know if you enjoy your stop at Thomas Bessingers!

Oh I'm sure we will like it if they been around this long they must be doing something right!

I "had" to take Victor V out today :)bawling:) since he was blocking Beauty in. Fortunately I had the right fob! Got my foot into him pretty decently from pole position & I think that's the smoothest transmission I have ever felt. Only the hood rising up & down let me know shifts were happening.

Found out I go through a certain drive thru way too often because the cashier asked me, "Don't you have a red one of these?" :eek:

Guess Victor drives pretty decently even if he is the wrong color! :cool:

Well Roxy just loves the SeaFoam Cleaner she ran like a wildcat and idles smooth as a purring kitten!
We are in Fayetteville NC for our over night stay!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back