Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Spring Trip '10

I just requested some Indiana travel publications...they should give us some ideas on what to see when we are out & about! The brochures should be here in about 3 weeks.

Kathy :)
Thanks Kathy. When we did the drive the last time I thought the scenery was very pretty.

Thanks Bruce. The place we had lunch at the time we went was nice. Didn't we drive through some nice little towns on that drive? I wouldn't mind stopping in one of them either. Just giving some input. It has been awhile since we have done that drive.

We had lunch at the West Baden Springs Hotel, AWESOME place. It may be too expensive for us to stay overnight, we can check. There are some towns like Salem,IN I hope we can stop @ and check out.
We need to stop by the general store in Freetown and say Hi.:wave:
Keep the ideas coming.

We had lunch at the West Baden Springs Hotel, AWESOME place. It may be too expensive for us to stay overnight, we can check. There are some towns like Salem,IN I hope we can stop @ and check out.
We need to stop by the general store in Freetown and say Hi.:wave:
Keep the ideas coming.

I checked the West Baden Springs hotel online ... looks like rooms start at $192. Doesn't sound like a lot of choices in French Lick itself. But we can check surrounding areas, right?

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again ... hope the weather is nice. Actually had the top down on the way home tonight. Got a little chilly when the sun was gone ... but thats what heated seats are for, right?

Cubby and I have put together a great 2 day drive with stops in Salem, Corydon and French Lick/West Baden Springs. It looks like we will be staying overnight Saturday in Corydon and then head west along the Ohio River on Sunday before truning north to French Lick. We will be posting more info soon.:)

Cubby and I have put together a great 2 day drive with stops in Salem, Corydon and French Lick/West Baden Springs. It looks like we will be staying overnight Saturday in Corydon and then head west along the Ohio River on Sunday before truning north to French Lick. We will be posting more info soon.:)

Sounds great, Bruce. The route looks like a lot of fun. We are looking forward to it. I think Devin & I will head down to Indy Friday night and try to stay at my cousin's house overnight.
I hope we can get a good number of XLR's to join us for the drive... the more the merrier.

It would be great to have a good size group. Maybe we can get a few more cars from the Chicago area to join us. Whatever the number, I'm sure we will have a great time.:rocker:

Kathy is going to check with the hotel in Corydon to see if they will have enough rooms for us.

It would be great to have a good size group. Maybe we can get a few more cars from the Chicago area to join us. Whatever the number, I'm sure we will have a great time.:rocker:

Kathy is going to check with the hotel in Corydon to see if they will have enough rooms for us.

I spoke with Val at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Corydon, IN and she said they have plenty of rooms available the night of Saturday April 24. I told her we would need between 6-10 rooms. Room rates start at $79.95 + tax. Val said that the manager was standing next to her & could help us out on the rate. As soon as I know how many rooms we need, I'll call the hotel back & see what kind of price they give us.

So let us know if you would like to join us!

Kathy:)

I spoke with Val at Baymont Inn & Suites in Corydon, IN and she said they have plenty of rooms available the night of Saturday April 24. I told her we would need between 6-10 rooms. Room rates start at $79.95 + tax. Val said that the manager was standing next to her & could help us out on the rate. As soon as I know how many rooms we need, I'll call the hotel back & see what kind of price they give us.

So let us know if you would like to join us!

Kathy:)

Count Devin & I in, Kathy! Thank you so much for pulling this together. I really appreciate everything you and Bruce (and Kevin too) are doing to get this organized. Lets hope for as good of a turn out as we did for Madison, IN last fall.

spring_top.gif

We are planning our Spring Drive '10 for Saturday April 24 and Sunday April 25. The drive through southern Indiana on 135 will take us down to Corydon, IN on Saturday with stops along the way in Story, Freetown and Salem[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], IN.

We plan on staying overnight Saturday in Corydon, IN. We will send out the hotel information in the next few days.

On Sunday we plan on driving west along the Ohio River on 66 to 231 where we will head north and east over to French Lick and West Baden Springs.

This should be a fun weekend of driving some great roads, sightseeing and spending time with great friends, old and new. If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know.

I hope you can join us for all or even part of this drive,

[/FONT]

The gruop is growing!!!

I've been getting lots of emails yesterday and today--We are up to 11, possibly 12 or more cars. The MM's aren't letting me down!!! This will be another great weekend trip!!
I'm also trying to get the owners of my '04 to come along for their first drive with a group.

List so far:

Bruce & Kathy--Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl
Kevin & Marion--Cubby558 & Lil Woman
Bob & Paula-rleonard & Jelly Girl:lol:
Dave & Wendi--monepit
Dave & Devin-- Chicago Dave
Dave & Debbie--harrower
Bill & Julie -juliecomella
Rich -Homegameroom
George 'Corndog'--IndyXLRVGuy
Marc & Dirty Diana--Tiffany's Dad
Cathy & Dave -Quinn & Diamond Del and possibly Barbie, H2 & D2
Dave & Jana -(friends of Cubby & Lil'Woman) own my old '04 XLR

Received an email from Whit--they may be able to make it, but don't count them yet. They will know as we get closer to the date.

I've been getting lots of emails yesterday and today--We are up to 9 cars so far!! Need to start hearing from the rest of the MM's!!!
I'm also trying to get the owners of my '04 to come along for their first drive with a group.

List so far:

Dave & Wendi--monepit
Dave & Debbie--harrower
Rich -Homegameroom
George -IndyXLRVGuy

Quinn, Whit, Tiffany's Dad & Missy Bling---were are you guys!!!

Thanks for posting the list Cubby, what a great group.

8 XLRs so far.:rocker:
We need the rest of the MMs to join in.:party
I hope Scarlett's new owner joins us on the Drive.

Looking forward to being with the gang. My car has not been out since November!

Bob

Checking with Barbie and Hannaka and D2 to see if any of them want to come. If so, we'll bring the XLR and the vette.
~C

Sounds great--the more the merrier!!!! I knew you wouldn't miss a party!!!

Have fun in Fla., we'll see you guys in a few weeks.:):)

Checking with Barbie and Hannaka and D2 to see if any of them want to come. If so, we'll bring the XLR and the vette.
~C

UPDATE TO THE LIST

Another update!!! It seems my buddy didn't check with his wife before saying they would make the trip with us. They have an 80th birthday party that weekend for his mother.

I have added another new couple to the drive, they bouhgt my '04 XLR last spring--finally talked them into a trip with our group. Should be a great weekend, it will be good to see everyone again.

On another note--I see we now have five Daves in the group, I think that should be the limit--NO MORE DAVES:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I've been getting lots of emails yesterday and today--We are up to 11, possibly 12 or more cars. The MM's aren't letting me down!!! This will be another great weekend trip!!

List so far:

Dave & Wendi--monepit
Dave & Debbie--harrower
Rich -Homegameroom
George 'Corndog'--IndyXLRVGuy
Marc & Dirty Diana--Tiffany's Dad
Cathy & Dave -Quinn & Diamond Del and possibly Barbie, H2 & D2

Received an email from Whit--they may be able to make it, but don't count them yet. They will know as we get closer to the date.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom