Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Electrical Dead Short

My $20 budget pdf manual from eBay does have the wiring diagrams. It includes all model years & the V-Spec cars. Might be worth the $20 just for the wiring diagrams.

My $20 budget pdf manual from eBay does have the wiring diagrams. It includes all model years & the V-Spec cars. Might be worth the $20 just for the wiring diagrams.
In my official two volume set, the wiring diagrams are embedded throughout the two volumes, there isn't a single section of wiring diagrams. The two volume set I have is very comprehensive, however each of the two volumes has far too many pages and they are falling apart. It makes sense to me that it was reprinted in a five volume set, much easier to handle.

My budget manual has about 30 pages of wiring diagrams contained in a single PDF file for each of the model variations. It also has separate diagrams in the individual systems sections but the wiring diagram pdf is much easier to follow and is what I use.

One problem is the cd manual can be hard to find what you arelooking for . plus i find that like wiring it is wrong in severzl spots as it lumps all years together when somethings changed with every year . 04-05 are not the same color and chsnged a lot in 06. Use whatever works for you. I found an operation i was looking at the other day had 11 references to do the diagnosis. It started by remove xx refer to xection 6-144 then next refere to section 9-666. I had all five books open and book marks back and forth in several location in one . book. If you can find something on the cd and its correct it is eaier to print pages than the books. If you are checking for wiring by color almost every year us different and needs that year manual to identify. The manuals do have some operations repeated under different sections.i wish the cd was better as i have 6 years of manua!s tsking up a lot if space and money. If someone has a cd with a decent search feature id buy one in a minute.

One problem is the cd manual can be hard to find what you arelooking for . plus i find that like wiring it is wrong in severzl spots as it lumps all years together when somethings changed with every year . 04-05 are not the same color and chsnged a lot in 06. Use whatever works for you. I found an operation i was looking at the other day had 11 references to do the diagnosis. It started by remove xx refer to xection 6-144 then next refere to section 9-666. I had all five books open and book marks back and forth in several location in one . book. If you can find something on the cd and its correct it is eaier to print pages than the books. If you are checking for wiring by color almost every year us different and needs that year manual to identify. The manuals do have some operations repeated under different sections.i wish the cd was better as i have 6 years of manua!s tsking up a lot if space and money. If someone has a cd with a decent search feature id buy one in a minute.
Mickey - I owe you big time! I just realized that I had - buried - in my desk was a CD of an XLR Service Manual! And there were the wiring diagrams!!

The pdf manual I have allows me to search (Ctrl F) which makes it pretty easy to find things. Not perfect but better than nothing.

I also found that the both the manual and the wiring diagrams have some "issues". But for the most part they're pretty good.

My 2 cents.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back