Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Not likely

You would need to ask XLRATING. I think the only reason Victor-V has such a nice shine is because I'm married to her. :love:

Either way do u or xlrating do house calls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either way do u or xlrating do house calls?

While Florida IS nice this time of year, & your XLR is the twin of mine (year, interior/exterior color) . . . No, I'm not doing any house calls & I don't think one from Victor-V would give you much shine! Glad you like the shine-up though!

Right now I'm going to drink champagne in celebration of the New Year - you should too! Happy 2013!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357016404.963220.jpg

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!!

It's in the mid 70's here. Wish I had somewhere to go. It's great convertible weather. Sitting out on porch and see ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357073095.834225.jpgthese 3 convertibles. Silver grey BMW z4 with black top, a red Camaro with tan top and in he background a BMW z3 red with black top. Right now in my view and in my neighborhood there are around 7 convertibles and 2 of them are hard tops. 1 is my xlr. If I had a choice between the BMW and the camaro I would take the camaro. This would be my 2nd car. The xlr would be my "joyride" car.

pollen is here

Well the other day i washed my car since it was so nice here. now i think i'll have to start dusting it. I smell the pollen in the air.
So now the infrared car will be somewhat yellow. That is if i take it out of the garage and just walk to the places i need to go to. :lol::dunno: So far its been in the mid 60's here with lows in the high 40's. I was looking on ebay and say a 2004 dark grey with black out headlights and black rims. :dunno: Why anyone would put black outs on the xlr headlights is a question. I understand the black rims. I had to look twice because i thought the asking price was $8,099.99 but it was the 6th persons bid was that price. Topless baby is back in my garage because the condo next to mine is rented for 3 months.So now i can't use the clean garage for awhile. So now my mom and I have to share the driveway. But i still get the garage. :)

I must be getting older...I found myself doing some work in the garage yesterday, putting stuff away, and noticed that I was labeling everything as if I was going to forget what it was for!

I must be getting older...I found myself doing some work in the garage yesterday, putting stuff away, and noticed that I was labeling everything as if I was going to forget what it was for!

Not a bad ideal I started installing a small TV in our upstairs bathroom last weekend and when I went to finish today after getting the rest of the supplies I order. I could not find :dunno: the bag of electric parts i bought last week ended up back at Ace hardware today buying it again! :banghead:

Been there, done that. The next day, I usually find the original bag of parts... :pat:

Same here, but when I had to change the tranny in my X, I couldn't find my engine hoist to get the 200 lb tranny out of the little cargo trailer I browered from a friend so I went to Harbor Freight and baught another one. A week later the CAR HOIST THAT I FORGOT THAT I HAD PURCHASED :pat:while at RIII WAS DELIVERED!
The truck that delivered it didn't have any kind of hoist to lift this about 1,000 lbs of steel, cables and a whole lot more off his trailer.
So, here I am, the Caddies in the driveway up on blocks and can't be moved, the 18 wheeler is blocking the street. I get on the phone and call relatives and friends trying to get help but it's in the middle of the week and day and everyone is at work.
Luckly, my neighbor came home for lunch and when he saw what was going on, he got on his cell and called the building supply outfit he is the manager of and within about 10 minutes here comes a Fork Lift that lifts the hoist off the trailer, the 18 wheeler leaves and I move my Chevy and Jet Skis out of the driveway, making room for the Fork Lift to put my forgotten hoist in.:willy_nilly:

Then 5 weeks later with the trannies swaped I hooked the trailer up to the caddie and take it to the FedEx Depot and ship the broken one back and take the trailer back to my friend.
Here's when it gets REALLY GOOD!!
As I tell my friend about all of this, he's sitting there looking at me with this puzzled look on his face then he ask, "How did you know that I had that little cargo trailer?" And I said "Didn't you tell me you owned one at sometime or another?" No, says, I brought it to your house when you sold me your ENGINE HOIST a couple of years ago.:pat::pat::pat:

Have a question. I am looking into those tire stop pads for the garage. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357607645.874057.jpg are these worth the money. They look like they will move every time you move the car. They just stick using 2 way tape. I think they will be useless after a couple times you pull in and out if the garage.

Have a question. I am looking into those tire stop pads for the garage. View attachment 2500 are these worth the money. They look like they will move every time you move the car. They just stick using 2 way tape. I think they will be useless after a couple times you pull in and out if the garage.

If your looking to stop at the same spot in the garage this solution is inexpensive and works great! Check these out: DUAL GARAGE LASER PARKING SYSTEM : Amazon.com : Automotive
Just my opinion but I was going to do the same thing with car tire stops, ended up find these motion censored double laser light beams that you mount on the ceiling in the center between the vehicles. It just plug into a regular wall socket. Then when you pull in or back in the garage the beams shines on the car/truck and you just stop at the same place every time after you get it set where you want to stop every time. I parked the car where I like it to be parked then adjusted the laser beam to shoot on the dash at an obvious spot! VOILE!! :blinzel: Problem Solved

Well I was also going to use them so the tires don't " stick" after leaving it in one place for a long time. ie storing it while winterized or going on vacation.

Same here, but when I had to change the tranny in my X, I couldn't find my engine hoist to get the 200 lb tranny out of the little cargo trailer I browered from a friend so I went to Harbor Freight and baught another one. A week later the CAR HOIST THAT I FORGOT THAT I HAD PURCHASED :pat:while at RIII WAS DELIVERED!
The truck that delivered it didn't have any kind of hoist to lift this about 1,000 lbs of steel, cables and a whole lot more off his trailer.
So, here I am, the Caddies in the driveway up on blocks and can't be moved, the 18 wheeler is blocking the street. I get on the phone and call relatives and friends trying to get help but it's in the middle of the week and day and everyone is at work.
Luckly, my neighbor came home for lunch and when he saw what was going on, he got on his cell and called the building supply outfit he is the manager of and within about 10 minutes here comes a Fork Lift that lifts the hoist off the trailer, the 18 wheeler leaves and I move my Chevy and Jet Skis out of the driveway, making room for the Fork Lift to put my forgotten hoist in.:willy_nilly:

Then 5 weeks later with the trannies swaped I hooked the trailer up to the caddie and take it to the FedEx Depot and ship the broken one back and take the trailer back to my friend.
Here's when it gets REALLY GOOD!!
As I tell my friend about all of this, he's sitting there looking at me with this puzzled look on his face then he ask, "How did you know that I had that little cargo trailer?" And I said "Didn't you tell me you owned one at sometime or another?" No, says, I brought it to your house when you sold me your ENGINE HOIST a couple of years ago.:pat::pat::pat:

Well we searched the whole house never did find the Ace Hardware bag from last weekend! I'm glad we stopped we would probably still be looking! :laugh: We believed it got thrashed with some other bags! :dunno:

Well I was also going to use them so the tires don't " stick" after leaving it in one place for a long time. ie storing it while winterized or going on vacation.

All ok Sorry don't know if they work good or not! :dunno:

Amy, Mike's car looks GREAT! Black can be such a tough color. Mike sure is lucky to have you around. If you get bored, I'm sure we could find you a few cars to detail up here in IN.:lol:

Thanks Bruce! I'm thinking my pickiness + our cars = not gonna be bored for a long, long time! :willy_nilly:

Well after I took my "baby" for a drive, it was so nice out. It'll be in the mid 70's the rest of the week. Before I brought her in the garage, I dusted her off and dressed the wheels. I noticed some marks on the edge of hood. I bought that scratch doctor by nu finish. As soon as the pollen season ends here, I'll use it to see if the surface scratches are removed. If I was it now ill just get more pollen residue before I can apply the treatment. I'm not that fast in washing so that's why I'll wait.

Thanks Bruce! I'm thinking my pickiness + our cars = not gonna be bored for a long, long time! :willy_nilly:

I believe you mention your using Zaino's Product that is some good $hit a little costly but does a fine job on my Roxy! I'm just about to heat the garage up in a upcoming weekend soon and give Roxy a good shining too! :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom