Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Picked up the XLR-V from the dealer yesterday & drew a crowd (at 8 in the morning!) while trying to leave. Even though it was dusty & looked like a leopard due to spotting from getting rained on - the dealer had 5 other XLR's in at the same time so they couldn't keep it inside like they usually do - everyone thought it was new & were surprised to find out it's 8 years old. Since we had the top worked on I cycled it through to be sure it was working & the circus began! Really enjoyed sharing about the car with everyone. :thumbsup

Really enjoyed sharing about the car with everyone. :thumbsup

Last weekend PJ and I were coming out of an antique store in Nashville and a guy walks up to the car and asks, "Is it fast?" I humbly replied yes. Then he surprised me with his next question, "Is it quick... you do know there's a difference?" Wow, this guy was a gearhead racer like me, understood the difference and wanted to test me whether I knew. I reached for my coffee mug in the center console and handed it to him. On it is a glamour shot of ELWOOD under the Gateway Arch with the text across the sky that reads, "World's Fastest and Quickest Stock Block XLR" (I made that cup last year after the Texas Mile) He read it and we both broke out in laughter. I think I made a new friend.

Blue Ridge Parkway

Nice little article on MSN.com about the fall colors on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

18 Reasons Blue Ridge Parkway is the Most Spectacular Place to Experience Autumn

We drove the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Skyline Drive on our way to Pennsylvania for the XLR gathering a few years ago.

I highly recommend it!

We took a day this past week to drive a section of it to view the fall colors. I saw several nice vehicles enjoying the drive as well including a couple of Porsches, a new C7, a 65 or 66 Corvette and a BMW I8.

Here's a photo I took at an overlook that day.

Attachments

• XLR BRP 101915.jpg
    XLR BRP 101915.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
I attended a car show and fall festival at a church around the corner from my house. A small gathering of classics - modern cars.(61 cars) But it was a 1st annual show and festival. Next year they would like to double the amount of cars. Ran into someone that knew a guy that has a blue Xlr. So I gave the person my card and told him to talk to the owner about the Xlr-net. He said he would pass the info to him tomorrow. So who knows the owner might be a member on this site or he might not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445819884.467039.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445819903.809086.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445819923.603918.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445819942.276675.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445819962.947664.jpg

Ok my car keeps throwing codes out. This time it was exhaust seal. My service guy thinks this is what is throwing the check engine light to come on all the time. So my service advisor is ordering the part today and hoping it will come in Tuesday. While my car was on the lift we noticed a oil leak and I was able to see first hand how "dirty" the car was underneath. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445893004.476456.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445892217.628040.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445892268.176863.jpg
I also got to c all the wires and inter workings of my engine for the technician had the engine cover off and saw how dirty the engine cover wasImageUploadedByTapatalk1445892337.288043.jpg. I can honestly say now I wish I had a lift system installed in my garage. That way I could give my baby a thorough cleaning on the undercarriage. But then I would need a taller garage. Maybe in my next life I can have all my wants and needs met

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445892862.382661.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445892862.382661.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Best bad luck I've had in a while - driving the CTS coupe to work & got behind a car that decided hanging out next to a dump truck throwing rocks all over was a good idea. They were non-responsive to my efforts & in-car pleading to go, so my windshield played catch with a rock & lost. :bawling:

The good thing is I wasn't in the XLR-V which I just drove to work Friday, which would have made me madder AND cost $1,700.00 to put a HUD-friendly windshield back in (from what I've read on here).

So I'm staying on the optimistic side!

Best bad luck I've had in a while - driving the CTS coupe to work & got behind a car that decided hanging out next to a dump truck throwing rocks all over was a good idea. They were non-responsive to my efforts & in-car pleading to go, so my windshield played catch with a rock & lost. :bawling:

The good thing is I wasn't in the XLR-V which I just drove to work Friday, which would have made me madder AND cost $1,700.00 to put a HUD-friendly windshield back in (from what I've read on here).

So I'm staying on the optimistic side!

Well I don't know if this is what they charge anywhere else, but that's the exact amount of what what it cost my insurance to replace my about 2 years ago
And the ironic thing was yes is was a stone from yes a dump truck playing pitch and catch!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Well I don't know if this is what they charge anywhere else, but that's the exact amount of what what it cost my insurance to replace my about 2 years ago
And the ironic thing was yes is was a stone from yes a dump truck playing pitch and catch!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I'd have been playing "catch" with the driver of that dump truck too - - - let his insurance company pay for the windshield.:mad: I owned a good sized roofing company in Orlando for many years hauling thousands of tons of rock/gravel - can't tell you how many windshields we paid for - and in FL the drivers insurance company has to pay but many drivers, rightfully so, didn't want to turn it in to their insurance.

GM expensive windshields,,,,

Caught a golf ball + size rock on the Vette with HUD windshield while passing a big rig.....actually had glass pieces on the inside top dash panel, and to replace with OEM/HUD windshield cost $1825 that insurance covered in full.

Your state may differ, but insurance companies mostly say broken windshield from flying objects......is a act of God. Nobody's fault.

Stay away from cement trucks, gravel loaded trucks, and as far away as possible from semi trucks.......even an exploding tire carcass (aka, alligators) can do severe damage to your vehicle.

I got some pretty pictures of the company info on the door & the license plate, then researched out trying to go after them. I determined it wasn't going to be worth the trouble for me & I'd have a tough time proving it was their fault. Ran across stuff that if the rock bounces off the road & not directly off the truck, it's not their fault. :dunno: That said, I'm going to give the info to my insurance company in case they want to pursue it. I have a relatively small deductible & my insurance hasn't gone up in the past for this type of thing, so for me the cost vs benefit of chasing the likely poorly insured dump truck company led to a "no" this time around.

That said I hate dump trucks & wish they had their own special designated highways! I usually maintain a big distance from them & then go by as fast as I can, but got stuck & couldn't do that this time.

My insurance company had no choice these dump truck run the same route everyday and not one of them are labeled. With that being said ain't none of them going take the blame, some may even be private runners! Didn't matter to me no deductible so it didn't cost me a penny! Not to mention I was actually happy the old windshield was very pitted!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Went to drop my car off at my dealership for the exhaust seal part. My service advisor said he just had a blue /purple Xlr in for a lightbulb issue. The car will be back sometime tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone here has seen that color? Is that a standard color for the Xlr? The blue/purple color? I'm thinking maybe he was talking about blue steel. But could be wrong?

Maybe

Wasn't the extremely rare Neiman Marcus Edition a Blue/Purple tint?

I just searched for a N/M in the L.A. Times and it definitely is blue/purple. Very rare and sold originally for $85,000 list when normal models were $76,000 sticker price.

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying this for me

Wasn't the extremely rare Neiman Marcus Edition a Blue/Purple tint?

I just searched for a N/M in the L.A. Times and it definitely is blue/purple. Very rare and sold originally for $85,000 list when normal models were $76,000 sticker price.

GOOD CALL!!!

54_5828_2004_CADILLAC_NEIMAN%20MARCUS%20XLR_6.jpg

Several,,,,in the neighborhood

54_5828_2004_CADILLAC_NEIMAN%20MARCUS%20XLR_6.jpg

There is one that color about 1 mile or so from our house, that I see every so often. Personally, the color doesn't excite me, but the owners probably like it and that's what is important to them...

There is one that color about 1 mile or so from our house, that I see every so often. Personally, the color doesn't excite me, but the owners probably like it and that's what is important to them...

Maybe not the color as much, but probably that little sticker inside that says "Neiman Marcus"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom