Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

replaced battery now car will not start

Literally 15 minutes tops. This is vrom tbe shop manual
Warranty always pays actual time to do the job. Standard times are for customer pay

Ignition Switch: Labor Times​

Standard HoursManufacturer Warranty HoursSkill LevelNotes
0.50.3b

Last edited:
Well, I would have saved myself a chunk of money, had I waited a week to take it to the dealership. Drat! 🤬
Sure appreciate all the comments. Thx.

Most dealers wont even work on the cars . one because of parts and 2 they no longer have anyone that can work on them. Lots of people here that have been thru it and willing to help. 100$ part an and hour time can be satisfying compared to trips to the dealer and paying them 500$ . thats why it helpful to everyone taking the time to let us know what worked to fix the problem.

Totally agree, MickeyTee (it rhymes 🤭). Replacing the START switch fixed the issues. I took the faulty switch apart to see for myself what could have possibly failed, and there is nothing obviously wrong with it; e.g., over-heated component, broken/cracked solder, corrosion, bent lead on connector, spider web, etc… The logic seems to have simply "met its maker" and it went "toes up". What we used to call, "a phase-of-the-moon problem", in the I/T biz’. The dealer gave me a courtesy discount, which I appreciate.

Now, if I can just get the #$%^&* headlight washer cover to stay attached. 🤬 At least I won’t need a Tech-2 to fix that!

Thanks again, to all who helped out.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back