Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Average XLR Price Comparison for March 2015

ccclarke

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2013 Graphite Metallic XTS Platinum
Av XLR Price 3-15-2015.jpg

A month ago, I was curious how the XLR was holding up price-wise and needed an excuse to practice with Excel chart-making. I went to Autotrader and pulled nation-wide prices for each model year and averaged them. The majority of the vehicles were listed with dealers instead of private sellers, so these prices don't reflect what you would get on a trade, just what they're selling for. Private sellers would be considerably less.

All in all, I think the XLR is holding up quite well, considering it's age, and compared to late model Cadillacs whose values are dropping like stones (XTS and ELR for example) and were priced in the 65-75k range. The majority of the XLRs I used for averaging were 2004-2005 models, which coincides with the most built during the life of the production run. There was only one 2008-V listed, so you can only compare it to adjacent model years for a rough estimate. As the car ages, the older models will be the most prevalent on the market.

A local dealer appraised my car and offered $15K two years ago (I wanted 20 on a trade) and would have sold it for $25k easily. I laughed and walked out.

CC :wave:

Stats

View attachment 5204

A month ago, I was curious how the XLR was holding up price-wise and needed an excuse to practice with Excel chart-making. I went to Autotrader and pulled nation-wide prices for each model year and averaged them. The majority of the vehicles were listed with dealers instead of private sellers, so these prices don't reflect what you would get on a trade, just what they're selling for. Private sellers would be considerably less.

All in all, I think the XLR is holding up quite well, considering it's age, and compared to late model Cadillacs whose values are dropping like stones (XTS and ELR for example) and were priced in the 65-75k range. The majority of the XLRs I used for averaging were 2004-2005 models, which coincides with the most built during the life of the production run. There was only one 2008-V listed, so you can only compare it to adjacent model years for a rough estimate. As the car ages, the older models will be the most prevalent on the market.

A local dealer appraised my car and offered $15K two years ago (I wanted 20 on a trade) and would have sold it for $25k easily. I laughed and walked out.

CC :wave:

Do you, by chance, know the total number of XLR's built/sold?
ckrause333

Production numbers are readily available on this site under Tech Center/Production.

CCC :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back