Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New profile posts

Welcome to the forum. Love the Arctic White: look stunning when they are clean and flying down the road! I don't know why they didnt use white any other year. I saw one for sale two days ago here in Florida (although I too am Canadian)
hey i'm a newbie here. I just got my XLR on the 4th of october. but I had to wait in order to drive it. I had to get a left foot accelerator and a spinner (suicide) knob installed.I have the codes on my drivers license. So now I can drive it and really love it. I am loving this infrared color. its a 06, with just turned over 21k. The previous owner just used it as a sunday driver. There is hardly any dings or scratches on it. he kept it in the garage i will do the same. my mom has the srx crossover and she loves hers too. We went from being a honda family to being a caddy family. you can see the pics on my page
Hi Lana - My XLR is an '05 Triple Black base. I like your choice of color - my last 3 Cadillacs have all been black. Take a look at my pictures in my profile - you will see what I mean by "triple black" - Black exterior, Black interior and Black wheels. Black is the perfect color for the XLR, I think. You will notice, when you join us for some events, there are plenty of black XLR's that show up. You are in the perfect location - MIDWEST to enjoy several get-togethers. Make sure you get a BOBFEST 2012 on your calendar - a great way to get to meet a lot of the forum members. You will LOVE the attention you get with your XLR... it doesn't get old. :) Hope to meet you in Carmel, IN at the Automobilia show this month (8/25).

Dave
Hi Dave!
I love my XLR. It's Raven black.
What about yours? What year and color?
The XLRhas been my dream car since it first came out and I am so happy to be the proud owner of one for all of two weeks!
I will go check out your car and news and see when time allows but wanted to say hello.
Thanks for the nice note btw
~Lana
Welcome to the XLR-Net Forum. Good to see another Midwest member join the group. I'm from Chicago (obviously) - we have several members in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and Wisconsin. Hope you can join us for some of our events (there is a show in Carmel, IN in August - we have 7 or 8 other XLR's already registered).
What color is your XLR?
Thank you, I use the Kozak auto dry wash cloth by Lexol to wash the XLR. KozaK Auto Drywash
I then clay bar the vehicle using Meguiar’s Ultimate quik Detailer as the lubricant. I also use Meguiar’s Cleaner Wax as the final coat.
http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/

Meguiars is found about anywhere while the Kozak cloth can be found on ebay.

Best of luck
Uintah
I heard you were searching for work as a bank teller. Have you thought of Fifth Third Bank? check out their site by this link.
The terminal is where the cable from the battery attaches to the starter so it will get the power to start the engine. It is a large cable in the engine compartment.
Hi Agwondra,

Thank you for your information about starting. As I'm a similar problem, what's exactly the starter "a cracked positive terminal on the starter" ? Is it the green start button or directly other ? Sorry I'm French and I want to report that and discuss monday with the garage (because many times deposits in the garage and no solutions ...)

My best and congratulations to solve your problem.

XLR is a super car but so many little problems due to a bad maintenance ...
H
Bill,
We are trying to firm things up for name tags. One (1) per each guest (e.g.: you and passenger). If you go to the events forum you will see where the shirts are listed under a different thread due to Chicago Dave handling the orders. Hope to see you there. Dave
Any advise as to why the top on my '05 now refuses to go up? Everything was great but at the end of the weekend tried to put the top up and nothing happened. No noise....nothing. the trunk will work normally but thought I's ask for help before taking it in and having it looked at. Any suggestions? Topdesignr1
Could use a little helpful advise:

Have had my '05 XLR for several months and just tried to put the top up and nothing happens. No noise, nothing. Trunk will work as normal but don't have a clue as to why the top won't work. Before I take it in to be looked at does anyone have any suggestions?
H
Understood, just for the Gettysburg leg. Thanks for your suggestions. I am coming down to Gettysburg for a couple of days to talk to the Chief of Police / Eisenhower Farm and bus tours to attempt to lock in the group and some parking preferences while we are there.
H
Understood, didn't want to leave you out...you are part of the core group here. Be safe.
Thanks for checking with me, but actually, post #91 on 1/18/2012, I posted that I wouldn't be able to make this trip after all. I also see that I'm not on the latest list of attendees. I hope you ALL have a wonderful time in PA, then again... I'm SURE you will!!!
H
Cubby, Here are the names I have so far...PM responses pending on some.

Bruce & Kathy (Cadillac Tech / Photo Girl)
Cubby & Supa (Cubby558 / Little Woman)
Bob & Gayle (BobW)
(?) (Tiffany's Dad)
Steve (SSchooley)
Ken & Alexis (Crimson Pearl)
Dave & Devin (Chicago Dave)
George (IndyXLRVGuy)
Kathi (Batgirl)
Sandy & Steve (Graytoad)
Al & Judy (ALD42)
Vince & Lorie (Vinman)
Dan & Wendy (05GrandDaddyXLR Caddy)
John & Merilee (JohnWB)
Lynda & Jack (Jackparker06V)
Rich (XLRATOR)
Rich (Homegrown)
Amy & Mike (XLRating)

Thanks for all your help. I will be happy to pay for the card stock. Dave
H
Rich - are you traveling solo or bringing a guest. I only ask as I am attempting to finalize some name tag issues. Thanks, Dave
H
I hope this finds you well. I am attempting to button up the name tag project. Would you please provide the name(s) as you would like them to appear on your name tags for the Gettysburg Trip. See you in June. Dave
H
Are you going to be joining us in Gettysburg / Hershey? If so...I am attempting to button up the name tag project. Would you please provide the name(s) as you would like them to appear on your name tags for the Gettysburg Trip. See you in June. Dave
Back
Top Bottom