Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New profile posts

My 2005 XLR signal light got so hot it melted the lens. The broken lens is laying in the housing. Looks like the same thing is going to happen to the other headlight. Any fix to the assembly?
I am so sorry it took me this long to get back to you.Thankfully we weathered the storm high and dry. I think we were one of the lucky ones that did not get flooded. The original color was light platinum. She was bought by Mary Kay. They took her to the facility that does all of her fleet cars and had a light pink powder coat put directly on top of the platinum. The color they created was incredible! In direct sunlight she looks pearl white, with reflects of golden yellow, sometimes almost neon green, and hyper pink. On an overcast day she looks almost baby pink with no reflective colors. It's the strangest, most fascinating thing I have ever seen. I wish I could take pics that could do the color justice. I may attempt it with a video camera to capture the color spectrum. If I do, I will definitely be posting it here somewhere. I've had friends ask me if I own 2 of these gorgeous cars because if that color variation...lol Have a beautiful day, Sandy!
just wondering if this how the head gasket, stretched head bolts go. K seal worked last summer for a short time. Leak came back. radiator went again last month, crack in drivers side top. Second radiator for this car. Using about 8 oz of coolant now every 64 miles, 2 days of riding to work. Does this sound like anyone's similar issue? No misfires anymore, no white exhaust. No external leaks. Know any repair facilities near south central PA. I don't want to junk this car. only 97K miles.
I have a 2004 XLR with 58,000 miles on it. The check engine light came on and it indicates that the driver's side cat. converter is not running hot enough. Question: Does anyone know if an after market converter can be installed and connected to the vehicle computer for monitoring? Help!
Hi Kat. I have been on this forum for quite a while. bought my 09 in May 2011. Have not been as 'regular' of a visitor in the last year or so... had not seen your posts. Was intrigued about you recount of talking to an older lady about your pink car. Have not heard the story about it being pink etc. Actually looked at your album pics and it looks like a pearl white to me on my laptop so I am assuming the pearl has a strong pink flip to it? Anyway, I trust you are enjoying your XLR in Houston and I hope it avoided the flooding waters in the hurricane. I have friends that live in Houston part time (aka: during work/week and in Hemphill Tx the rest of the time) and I know they were fine in the floods. BTW: I am Canadian, have a winter home in Port Charlotte, Florida. Had my X down here last winter and I am missing it this winter so I intend to drive it down again next winter and back again in the spring. Message me back when you have a chance. Sandy G alias graytoad
You need to now change your "About Me" profile that you do NOW own an XLR!
My misfire cylinder 6 and cylinder 7 was related to using coolant. Used K-seal to stop the bleeding. I hear $3500 motor rebuild is necessary to fix. I guess she goes to the junk yard with my Cadillac ETC that used a quart of oil a week. When will the learn to build engines?
Hi Andy here, could use some help . My first XLR 04 has hydraulic leak under trunk lid passenger side, can't even see it laying in truck on my back , won't mention pain. Looks like i'll have to use alot of fluid to find it. I live in Hawaii and it cost about $100.00 a quart get it here. Is there any other hydraulic fluid I could use? remember no snow here and I'm not planning to let NASA land it on the Moon. THANKS
Hey, Brian Sorry for the long delay....... I just noticed you had messaged me a couple weeks ago back in the end of March. My iPhone usually alerts me on Tap-A-Talk App when I receive a message and noticed your message when I got on the forum today. Anyways to answer your question my rims & tires are the original XLR polished Alloy Alumium 18" Wheels that came on the XLR from new, I'm running tires that are (NOT RUNFLATS) They are the B.F. Goodrich G-FORCE™ COMP-2™ A/S and I most say I just replaced the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires last year with these BF Goddrich tires and love the way they handle and ride over the Michelin tire, an honetly I never thought I'd be say that, but price was part of the decision..... Hope this helps you. I may be selling these Wheels & Tires to up grade to the Chrome XLR-V 19" Wheels & Tires
What make and size rims and tires are you running on your car? I think it's a great looking set up. I have a 2005 Raven black XLR I just bought and I would like to dress it up.
I am interested in the windscreen for my father as a gift. His car is a 2006? I am assuming it will fit. What brand is it..condition?
Hi do you still have the tail light for sale? Fred 573-552-2901. Thanks
2009 xlr I have no power to right side of car.No power mirrors,no power to door open,no power to right window.The roof will not open either.Any Ideas where to start to fix.
Back
Top Bottom