Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Top stopped working

Xlrlvr

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR satin nickel
Went out for a ride the other day and the top went down just as it should. When I got back and tried to put the top back up it only made it as far as the storage compartment close out panels only going partially up and then everything stopped. I put them back in the top-down position and received the “top not secured message”. I manually put the top back up and that message disappeared but now nothing happens when I hit the top down switch. The trunk will not open electrically either. My OBD scanner shows a B1297 and B1310 code related to the top. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. I don’t own a tech2 tool. Can’t find one reasonably priced. Thanks.

Those codes wont do much good as they are generic codes . really going to take a tech 2 to be able to figure the problem.if you have the top up and latched, you may try to disconnect the battery and then reindex the windows . then see if the top will go down. There are several things it could be. Pm me and ill walk you thru a couple .

Those codes wont do much good as they are generic codes . really going to take a tech 2 to be able to figure the problem.if you have the top up and latched, you may try to disconnect the battery and then reindex the windows . then see if the top will go down. There are several things it could be. Pm me and ill walk you thru a couple .
Thanks. I’ll make sure the top is fully closed/latched and try indexing the windows and let you know what happens.

Dont firget to disconnect the battery anfpd make sure you dont let the hood close. I throw a rag over the katch so it wont shut by accident. Remove the negative terminal and leave it off fir 4-5 minutes. Then reconnect and then index the windows

Unfortunately, I tried disconnecting the battery and reindenting the windows and experienced no improvement.

Unfortunately, I tried disconnecting the battery and reindenting the windows and experienced no improvement.
FYI - when I push the top down switch the windows do open but nothing else. Also, the trunk no longer opens on its own. The latch does open.

Does the trunk open with the fob or inside switch? If it does will it close with the buttun under the trunk .most likely you will need at a minimum a try at a relearn by someone with a tech 2

No. The trunk won’t open with the fob or any of the buttons. Since I don’t know anyone with a tech2 I may have to look for a reasonably priced one to buy. Bummer.

Check your valet switch in the glove box. you really need a good set of manuals to go with the tech two. So you are looking at Around 700 dollars. for the two. Of course tbats about two trips to the dealer who may or may not even work on the car and if they do even odds on if they fix jt or not. Plus if you sell the car you can get 70-80% of your money back on the tech 2 and manuals. Manually open the trunk and see if the close button will work.under the trunk lid. If nothing will make the Pump run. Thats about all the email testing you can do.

Thanks again. I have the complete factory manuals already. Just need to find a tech2.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom