Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tires

Ghostin

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Crimson Pearl
Good day fellow XLR owners. I purchased a 2005 around in May this year. One owner with 12,900 on the odometer in Crimson Pearl. It came with the stock size tires 235/50/18 Bridgestone Drive Guard Plus run flats dated 2018. They look almost brand new and there is plenty of tread left but I feel it's time to replace them. So, what I am throwing out to you is I am thinking of replacing them with a different size. Hankook K120 Ventus V12 Evo 2 XL Max Performance Summer Rin Flats 245/50/18 in the front specs, 10" section width, 8.5" tread and 26.6" height. Rears, 245/50/18, 10.9" section width, 8.5" tread width and 27.6" height. Tires now are 9.7" section width, 7.6" tread width and 27.3" height. I want to fill in the gap in the rear and get a little more tread to the pavement. Has anyone done this, or do you see any problems besides it altering the speedo? I would appreciate any info before I pull the trigger, Regards, Ron.

Reactions: Rob
I replaced my original 255/40 rears with 265/40 for the same reason, to fill in the space a little better. My car is a V so they are 19's but I don't think that matters. I notice no difference in handling or the speedo, it's not much of a difference but it does look a little better. I would be more concerned about changing the front tire size as a full turn may cause a problem if the tire is too wide.

I replaced my original 255/40 rears with 265/40 for the same reason, to fill in the space a little better. My car is a V so they are 19's but I don't think that matters. I notice no difference in handling or the speedo, it's not much of a difference but it does look a little better. I would be more concerned about changing the front tire size as a full turn may cause a problem if the tire is too wide.
Thank you so much for the info and your opinion. Regards, Ron

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back