Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Throttlebody fixed ........now. Radio....cd player

david12601

My XLR/V(s)
2004 satin nickel
2004 xlr runs fine for 40-70 miles check engine light comes on.....code said throttle body voltage differen from gas pedal......i NM picked up a new throttlebody and gas pedal ......my question is if I swap out the throttle body will the computer need to be reset by dealer ......i want to swap them both out but I do not have a reset tool....i just have a code reader.....thanks

Does anyone know if this can be done without a tool to do the relearn
What code are you getting? Why do you want to swap both? The throttle body position should track the throttle position. You are getting a warning that the throttle body position is different from the throttle position, which suggests the throttle body might be sticking or a wiring fault perhaps.

Replaced both throttle body and gas pedal this weekend as well as spark plugs car is like lightning going down the road.......no scan tool needed ......only light I have now is service ride control.....no codes just the message.....going to try and fix that next

Just drove 133 miles.......everything seems ok........nextweek i am going to pull each wheel and check electrical connections......and try to find the ride adjuster bolts are and check their condition

I am going to loosen intake bolts let the car sit for a couple of.days and then tighten but not gorilla tight......I dont have any torque specs

Question ......standing in the front of the car looking at engine about 3/4 of the way back on bank1 there is what looks a pipe sticking up with no plug or hose .......i am sure it have something attached or plugged

Not sure. Will have to look. No need to loosen intake just check. They will either be fine or already loose. 7.5 foot pounds or 1/4 inch ratchet just snug. I like to torque them cold.

Question ......standing in the front of the car looking at engine about 3/4 of the way back on bank1 there is what looks a pipe sticking up with no plug or hose .......i am sure it have something attached or plugged
Sounds like PCV.

Conventional induction (I can't speak for SC).
On the right bank (your left when you are looking from the front), there is a hose which goes to #8's induction (at the back on your right, driver's side). If this is missing, you will get a serious vacuum leak into #8.
On the left bank, (your right), there is a similar hose which comes forward.

I am thinking something should go on this

Attachments

• 20240827_122027.jpg
    20240827_122027.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240827_122017.jpg
    20240827_122017.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
I am thinking something should go on this
Ah. No, I don't think so, nothing that matters too much. That looks like part of the clip mechanism for the engine cover. There is another one further forward in your picture, with the ball head on it. Check the underside of the cover and see if it lines up.

Thanks.......lot of problems fixed now i have to find out what is wrong with sound system.....cd was cycling everytime I got in the car but radio would work......after disconnecting battery I dont hear the cd cycling and radio on off does nothing.....can see the time and nav screen works........another head scratcher

Last edited:
That big black plastic balls are the engine cover retainers. The 2 small metal ones in the valve cover on passengers side are for the sts engine cover. The sts 4.6 has them on both valve covers

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom