Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

shocks

44mac

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR BLACK
I know this has been talked to death, but I just have a quick question. I would like to change my rear shocks with new Blistiens (B8) and sims. Can I do just the backs and not get a warning message. My control module works just fine. Thanks, oh yea, it is a 2004 xlr

No. Replace them all or none. Since your module works buy a set of the china mag for under 500 for all and let us know how they work. Main reasond for non mag on 04 is if the module is bad and you dont want to spend 2000$ on a used one.

No. Replace them all or none. Since your module works buy a set of the china mag for under 500 for all and let us know how they work. Main reasond for non mag on 04 is if the module is bad and you dont want to spend 2000$ on a used one.
Thanks,do I still need the sims

I would do all 4. Is the same type. Even if they are not original, they must be getting old. 4 of the Chinese mag ride replacements. Should not need sims. If you module is good. I would do that. Mag ride does deliver a better ride for the Cadillac. If you want to go standard struts, do all 4, you will need a sim kit. 8 sims total. 4 for the struts and 4 for the ride height sensors. Mickeytee can suggest which strut gives the best ride that's a bit more luxury and not too aggressive. I live in PA. The roads suck. I have the b8 and they handle great. But I can tell they are not as smooth as the mag ride. I would have preferred a lil more luxury and a lil less sport. It's an XLR, not a Vette.

.yes i would not use the bilstein b8 they are designed for cars that are lowered so the valveing in tgem is not prooer for non lowered cars and regular driving. The b6 are designed for no lowered stock heighth cars and give a very caddy ride . the mag shocks do react fater when new to changes in tge road . however ive never been able to compare new mag to new non mag . usually the mag shocks are worn out so non mag shocks are a great improvement. Plus unlike most shocks that just wear the internal valving mag shocks leak fluid causing them to be ineffective.if nyone in the south east want to change theirs, id be glad to meet and install the china shoCks to see how they perform.

Many thanks for the answers to my questions. I love this car bt must admit the ride was getting pretty bad. I will try the Mag shocks and let you know. Jst need to find someone to install that doesn't charge an arm and leg just because it is a xlr.
Thanks again

Many shops are not familiar with nag shocks. The front must be put on with hand tools and not an impact like many shops use to spin on the nut. Useing an impact can ruin the shock..

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom