Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Sagging Passenger Side Window

• Thread starter Thread starter rbweddle
  • Start date Start date
R

rbweddle

After putting my top down yesterday, I noticed the passenger side window was not all the way down. (stuck up about an inch) I powered it up, it went up to the stops, hesitated a couple of seconds, then went about 2/3rds of the way down. (1/3rd sticking out from the door.) I powered it down and it went down except for the last inch. I repeated the above sequence, with top up and down, with same results. Any thoughts from the forum??? Bruce

After putting my top down yesterday, I noticed the passenger side window was not all the way down. (stuck up about an inch) I powered it up, it went up to the stops, hesitated a couple of seconds, then went about 2/3rds of the way down. (1/3rd sticking out from the door.) I powered it down and it went down except for the last inch. I repeated the above sequence, with top up and down, with same results. Any thoughts from the forum??? Bruce

Personally: NO idea :dunno:, but I am going to guess there is a sensor reporting something in the way - whether there actually is or is not physically something there or not. I am only answering as I see you have had a few 'views' but no input........which can be really frustrating when you need help. You could try talking to the service manager at your local dealership to see if any insight but likely it will require some professional help. (unless Caddilac Tech can help?)

On a more personal note: your Avatar looks amazing........your car looks like it is Chrome Red! :worship: Is that an altered picture or is that just totally an amazing shine and great lighting?

I noticed your profile says st augustine Florida. Depending on what area I'm only 10-20 min unless you are in my "neighborhood".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture is a couple of years old but untouched. Color is 2005 Crimson Pearl. I live off CR 210

Have you tried to re-index your windows?
If not, it's easy to do.

With the engine running, Push and hold the UP window switch and keep it pushed when the window reachs the top and hold it while you count slowly to ten.
Then do the same thing with the window DOWN.

Repeat the same thing with the other door window.

I would say that is not his problem Jack, as he is able to put the top up and down. He wouldn't be able to do that if the windows wern't indexed. There is either an obstruction inside the door or the window track has become mis-aligned. As graytoad states, a trip to the dealer may be necessary!

If not, it's easy to do.

With the engine running, Push and hold the UP window switch and keep it pushed when the window reachs the top and hold it while you count slowly to ten.

I would say that is not his problem Jack, as he is able to put the top up and down. He wouldn't be able to do that if the windows wern't indexed. There is either an obstruction inside the door or the window track has become mis-aligned. As graytoad states, a trip to the dealer may be necessary!

The re-indexing worked fine. Thanks. I haven't put the top down yet but will try that again and see if there is any further problem with the window. Bruce

Guess I misread your first post, thought you said you put the top up and down. Glad the re-indexing took care of your problem.

The re-indexing worked fine. Thanks. I haven't put the top down yet but will try that again and see if there is any further problem with the window. Bruce

You were right Jack, sorry I misread the post and thought he was operating the top up and down, in which case the re-indexing wouldn't have been the problem:dunno: guess I'm getting old, and misreading things. :chuckle

If not, it's easy to do.

You were right Jack, sorry I misread the post and thought he was operating the top up and down, in which case the re-indexing wouldn't have been the problem:dunno: guess I'm getting old, and misreading things. :chuckle

That's OK Chubby, I had to go back and re-read his first thread as it wasn't clear to me either but I figured it was worth a try rather than going to the dealer and spending money for what he could do in 5 minutes.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm sure if I had gone to repair shop I would have paid for a window motor, or worse. This is what makes the forum work. No one has a "reading" problem, I just have a "writing" problem. Will proof comments in the future:blinzel: Bruce

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm sure if I had gone to repair shop I would have paid for a window motor, or worse. This is what makes the forum work. No one has a "reading" problem, I just have a "writing" problem. Will proof comments in the future:blinzel: Bruce

I don't think your writing is any worse than mine or lots of others on this wonderfull forum.

Glad I was able to help, just one more thing, check your battery because when I had that same problem my battery had to be replaced within 3 months.
If it is your battery, the next problems that crops up will be the trunk will not open and the top won't work.:(

Good Luck and again welcome to the forum.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom