Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Member in Tampa FL

CLWilson

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR
I have admired the XLR for years, and finally purchased a 2006 XLR base. Infrared with shale interior. A great driver with 60K miles. Unfortunately, I have problems with the top, inoperable at this time. I am looking for anyone in the Tampa area with a Tech 2 that could help me diagnose the problems that I am having. As many others have stated, the Cadillac dealers are not much help. Happy to be part of the XLR group.
1.jpg

Reactions: Rob
I have admired the XLR for years, and finally purchased a 2006 XLR base. Infrared with shale interior. A great driver with 60K miles. Unfortunately, I have problems with the top, inoperable at this time. I am looking for anyone in the Tampa area with a Tech 2 that could help me diagnose the problems that I am having. As many others have stated, the Cadillac dealers are not much help. Happy to be part of the XLR group.
View attachment 15413
Congrats and welcome aboard?

Welcome, I have a Tech2 and wouldn't mind helping but I'm almost 100 miles away in Dunnellon. If you get desperate PM me.

I have ordered a Tech 2 clone online. It was way less than the $495 that the local Cadillac Dealer wanted just to diagnose my issues. I've worked with computers my entire career, so it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. Looking forward to playing with it once it arrives.

Welcome to the forum.

I have ordered a Tech 2 clone online. It was way less than the $495 that the local Cadillac Dealer wanted just to diagnose my issues. I've worked with computers my entire career, so it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. Looking forward to playing with it once it arrives.
This was my logic. Cheaper to buy a clone than a single trip to the dealer. Better to have the tools to DIY!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom