Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Infrared 06 owner

rexster314

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Base Infrared
Hello all

Traded in a 2004 red Thunderbird this past Saturday for 2006 Infrared XLR. What a difference!
The Tbird was a hometown cruiser, did not like to take it on long trips cause of wind noise and crappy ride. We can hardly wait to take the XLR on a trip now.
I've drooled over these cars since the 04 model, saw one at a local Caddy dealer and thought that's about the prettiest, coolest car I've ever seen but 77 grand was waaay out of my ballpark, although later on we bought a 60 grand King Ranch Expedition. About 3 years ago I started looking at the X's so have read quite a bit about their quirks and downsides as well as the upside to owning one of these beauties.
Had a lady walk in front of the car the other day and mouthed the words "beautiful car"!!
We're both retired LEO's and still have our health.

Attachments

• 2015-10-04 17.09.21.jpg
    2015-10-04 17.09.21.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Welcome to the club. How many miles on your dream machine? Your XLR happens to be the quickest color in '06:)

Last edited:
Hello all

Traded in a 2004 red Thunderbird this past Saturday for 2006 Infrared XLR. What a difference!
The Tbird was a hometown cruiser, did not like to take it on long trips cause of wind noise and crappy ride. We can hardly wait to take the XLR on a trip now.
I've drooled over these cars since the 04 model, saw one at a local Caddy dealer and thought that's about the prettiest, coolest car I've ever seen but 77 grand was waaay out of my ballpark, although later on we bought a 60 grand King Ranch Expedition. About 3 years ago I started looking at the X's so have read quite a bit about their quirks and downsides as well as the upside to owning one of these beauties.

CONGRATS! I also had a red 04 tbird and can agree with you 100% as to the improvement! Enjoy this new caddy. We both need to keep in mind that you could have bought 2 tbirds for what 1 XLR cost though! IT SHOULD RIDE BETTER/QUIETER! ha ha

Last edited:
CONGRATS! I also had a red 04 tbird and can agree with you 100% as to the improvement! Enjoy this new caddy.

Phil are you attending the next C & E car show in a couple of weeks? Alex said he'll bring his Raven Black 09 V model.

Phil are you attending the next C & E car show in a couple of weeks? Alex said he'll bring his Raven Black 09 V model.

Not sure yet Al. Supposed to take my car in to the upholsterer this month - to get the interior upgraded. Will know tomorrow when he wants the car and how long it's gonna take. Sure looks like the weather is gonna be right for the show though if what we have this week holds up.

I'll let you know something once I do. :thumbsup Phil

Congratulations on getting the fastest color! We need to get all these '06 Infrareds together one day & leave the rest of the world in the dust! :burnout:

Congratulations on your new acquisition!

Our XLRs can be a bit quirky at times, but if they weren't, everybody would want one!

It's the quirks that separate the true believers from the pretenders.

Welcome to the club. How many miles on your dream machine? Your XLR happens to be the the quickest color in '06:)

It had just a little over 42000 when we drove it home Saturday. We did a little background check on the previous owner. He was 80 years old when he bought the X new. Averaged a little over 4300 miles a year

Last edited:
It had just a little over 42000 when we drove it home Saturday. We did a little background check on the previous owner. He was 80 years old when he bought the X new. Averaged a little over 4300 miles a year

Welcome from another Infared 2006 owner in Texas. Probably a lot of carbon build up in those cylinders that needs to be cleaned out. Sign up for the Texas Mile this Spring, that should do it.

My Belated Welcome The The XLR Site

Welcome. I do really like the Infrared XLR's. Also fond of Gold Mist. ;)

Hello all

Had a lady walk in front of the car the other day and mouthed the words "beautiful car"!!

Our XLR's are hard not to love them and their awesome stylish look!!! Love our 05 {Roxy}
452da65d472393723c4ae202680b8928.jpg

She has 92k miles on her now! Love ever minute behind the wheel!
CRUZ'ON TOPLESS OF COURSE

A real head turner

We've had Red about a year, and have loved every minute of it. Every single time we take him out, we get lots of complements. We only drive him in good weather. Is always washed & waxed & sparkly! Truly a piece of drivable jewelry! If all us Infrared owners got together for a drive, the Highway Patrol would probably give all tickets for causing a bunch of wrecks as people gawked:)
BTW, we also looked at the TBirds before settling on Red. Nice to hear some corroborating info from other buyers.

Like your sign

Thanks, I've been here over 6 months now. :wave:
Hello, Rexster,
We have an identical 06 Infrared. I noticed your display board. Where did you get it? Can you get it in the car with the top down? Or do you have to leave it up and put the sign over in the large storage area? I'd like to get a sign for when we take Red to shows here in Dallas. THX

It's not a sign, it's 8.5x11 paper I put together and laminated. At car shows I will just slip it under a wiper so interested people can read a little about these fun cars

Hello, Rexster,
We have an identical 06 Infrared. I noticed your display board. Where did you get it? Can you get it in the car with the top down? Or do you have to leave it up and put the sign over in the large storage area? I'd like to get a sign for when we take Red to shows here in Dallas. THX

I have a 20x30 show board, I bought a nice small fold up easel about the size of medium travel umbrella when collapsed! I also bought new floor mats! It's all about how to pack it.....Lol
I put the top down in the trunk fold back the divider to lay flat towards the rear, slide the floor mats and car show sign up under window, I then lay our 2 bag chairs in the back and throw a small cooler in front with ice cold refreshments and waw la off to the show topless! Just remember though if calling for rain you need to unload along side the road to put the top up! I designed my own show board and printed with Staples online but had the store print it so no waiting for shipping then bought a frame from local AC Moore Craft Store! Works prefect...... hope this helps!
bca484b70be5fabec445b15d7a79ef80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry