Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mild to Wild

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey,
Anyone with experience with this "add on" ? 2006 V here. If so, how is it wired in ? Do wires need to be cut? When I get on it, I do not realty notice any difference in sound. Is there a way that the baffles can be made to open through a diagnostic test? Through a Tech II ??

Bill

If u want them open all the time, pull the Rubber hoses that connect to the Baffles. In the rear.
Or just unplug the exhaust control module in the well near the hydraulic pump

I just bought a cheap switch and wired it into the exhaust control module, it works just like a mild to wild. Search "mild to wild" there are instructions some where in there that tells you exactly how to do it. I mounted it under the dash and ran the wire under the door sill back to the module, total cost about $5.

Hey,
Anyone with experience with this "add on" ? 2006 V here. If so, how is it wired in ? Do wires need to be cut? When I get on it, I do not realty notice any difference in sound. Is there a way that the baffles can be made to open through a diagnostic test? Through a Tech II ??

Bill
I’ll look at the diagram tomorrow, I know that the wiring changed along the way. I built my own (2008 V) and it just interrupts the wire from the exhaust control module to the vacuum solenoid. You should hear the difference when you hit 3500 rpm. There is probably a Tech2 command to toggle it to hear a difference, I’ll look for that tomorrow too. You may not want to disable it without a way to toggle it because it can “drone” on the highway which is annoying after awhile.

The fuse for it is inside the car on the floor. The vette guys just remove the fuse and install the switch. Really easy. If the module on the exhaust is working.

I’ll look at the diagram tomorrow, I know that the wiring changed along the way. I built my own (2008 V) and it just interrupts the wire from the exhaust control module to the vacuum solenoid. You should hear the difference when you hit 3500 rpm. There is probably a Tech2 command to toggle it to hear a difference, I’ll look for that tomorrow too. You may not want to disable it without a way to toggle it because it can “drone” on the highway which is annoying after awhile.
There is a toggle command using the Tech2 to open and close it. The small four-pin connector on the exhaust control module goes to the solenoid and can be unplugged to experiment. The tan/white wire is the one you want.

The fuse for it is inside the car on the floor. The vette guys just remove the fuse and install the switch. Really easy. If the module on the exhaust is working.
Isn't that fuse (29) shared with the HVAC?

You are correct once again the xlr has to be more complicated as it does share the hvac fuse. The corvette has a dedicated fuse making it easier to install a toggle switch.

Last edited:
I only know because I started there a couple years ago and was thwarted and had to figure out another way. I was going to put a “stomp-box” switch (for guitar effects) on the dummy pedal to the left side to cut the tan wire in and out, but I found a wireless option on Amazon for $10. Amazon.com

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom